Quinnipiac 2010

Quinnipiac 2010

New postby Laxguy99 on Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:56 am

Any one have any info on this team. Seems they have been bringing in the talent the last few years but cannot get over the hump. It is the players not producing on a higher level or the coaching not utilizing the talent he has?
Laxguy99
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:53 am

New postby Ron Burgundy on Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:52 pm

I would say that QU has one of it's strongest recruiting classes ever coming in this year, with some of the top players in CT who I have watched over the years and are all talented. Here's who I know:

Adam Dahlgard, attack: shifty attackmen, very quick with some great moves
Clayton Hillyer, defense: kid is a beast, can play anybody 1on1, throw big checks and clear upfield
Sean Macey, attack: named AA in 08, probably the best pure finisher in CT
Derek Flynn, midfield: great dodger and all-around mid with some big wheels
Ned Emerson, attack: very good finisher and very strong

Not sure how much of an impact they'll make as freshman but they could all see some good playing time. These kids will do wonders for coach Fek down the road.
User avatar
Ron Burgundy
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:58 pm

New postby Justlaxmom on Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:06 am

8)
Last edited by Justlaxmom on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Justlaxmom
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:12 am
Location: CT

if he gets his offense rolling!

New postby umasslax22 on Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:50 pm

his defense and goal played great all yr , but they had problems with scoring from what i have seen, and they will benefit greatly from switch to NEC where they should be the best team in that league
umasslax22
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:05 pm

New postby umasslax22 on Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:37 am

It will be interesting to see what he does with that open hole to fill at defense he could easliy just replace him with the big defensemen # 42 who was the 4th pole all season long and run glebocki at long-pole, That kid # 42 will bring size and strength that i do not think the other two can bring to the defensive unit.
umasslax22
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:05 pm

New postby Swank_Lax on Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:58 pm

umasslax22 wrote:It will be interesting to see what he does with that open hole to fill at defense he could easliy just replace him with the big defensemen # 42 who was the 4th pole all season long and run glebocki at long-pole, That kid # 42 will bring size and strength that i do not think the other two can bring to the defensive unit.

Glebocki is #42....
Oh. So. Laxy. Twitter username: swanklax
User avatar
Swank_Lax
 
Posts: 1932
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:01 pm
Location: Perpetuating the NESCAC conspiracy

switch to NEC

New postby Justlaxmom on Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:06 pm

:D
Last edited by Justlaxmom on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justlaxmom
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:12 am
Location: CT

Re: switch to NEC

New postby Swank_Lax on Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:02 pm

Justlaxmom wrote:The switch to NEC is not until 2010 and I don't think the players are too thrilled. Its exciting for these guys to play big teams like Ohio State and Notre Dame. Some of these boys came to this school for the opportunity. Besides the NEC is also going to have Bryant College, coached by Mike Pressler. His team was outstanding at DII and it seems hes building another empire with this small school from Rhode Island.

Also QU #43 is Matt Baker, #42 is Globecki. Maceranka was great and one of the only 3 players graduated. Hope someone can step up for him. There could be coaching change and/or addition on this team.

They already added Darryl Delia as a new assistant coach, which could help to jumpstart the offense.
Oh. So. Laxy. Twitter username: swanklax
User avatar
Swank_Lax
 
Posts: 1932
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:01 pm
Location: Perpetuating the NESCAC conspiracy

QQ

New postby Stagophile on Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:12 pm

Swank_Lax wrote:They already added Darryl Delia as a new assistant coach, which could help to jumpstart the offense.


Congratulations to DD. Best of luck at the Q.
FEAR THE DEER!!!
User avatar
Stagophile
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:16 pm
Location: 1073 North Benson Road

New postby StraightLaxHomey23 on Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:01 pm

Best of luck to Fek and Doubles, what a great staff. I can only imagine the amount of ball breaking that will be done in those staff meetings. Go BraveCats!
StraightLaxHomey23
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:27 am

New postby Justlaxmom on Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:56 am

. :D
Last edited by Justlaxmom on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justlaxmom
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:12 am
Location: CT

New postby lax2go on Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:55 am

They have Zach Pall from Ward Melville coming. Best FO guy out there!
lax2go
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:18 pm

New postby Swank_Lax on Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:20 pm

Justlaxmom wrote:I knew that DD was hanging around the games most of last season, but I didn't think it was official. Fek and DD have been friends for a long time. Frady is the one the boys like. Is he out? I hope not. He is a good D coach.

Don't think Frady is going anywhere, DD shouldn't affect his domain.
Oh. So. Laxy. Twitter username: swanklax
User avatar
Swank_Lax
 
Posts: 1932
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:01 pm
Location: Perpetuating the NESCAC conspiracy

New postby reddoglax on Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:56 pm

They also have two Massachusetts kids that are very nice players
Matt Sherrer who was an AA atttackmen from King Philip HS and Max Zuccarini a league MVP from Medfield HS. I saw both of these kids play this season and they are high quality players from two good teams in Massachusetts. Medfield lost in state championship and King Philip lost in the state quarterfinals. Both teams won over 20 games each this season so these kids had a lot to do with that and therefore must be doing something right.
User avatar
reddoglax
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:46 pm

New postby Justlaxmom on Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:09 pm

:D
Last edited by Justlaxmom on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Justlaxmom
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:12 am
Location: CT

New postby reddoglax on Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:44 pm

A friend just called me and told me that a Duxbury middie Grant Marston (sp) is going to Quinnipiac as well. He is a big lefty middie who played man up for the state champion Duxbury team so another good quality player heading to Q. I don't really know how this kid plays but if he was a starter on Duxbury and played man up he has got to be a decent player. MY guess is that when Duxbury played at Quinnipiac this season against John Jay the Duxbury kids saw what a nice place the school is and now the Duxbury recruit door is open and that will only help Quinnipiac as Duxbury has been the top team in Massachusetts for the last few years. So all in all to point to the same comments that most are making the level of talent is getting better and better at the school which means the results should get better and better. Since they did have a pretty nice year this year- my guess is they should become stronger and stronger- too bad they are getting out of the Great Western league.
User avatar
reddoglax
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: QQ

New postby TripleE on Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:04 pm

Stagophile wrote:
Swank_Lax wrote:They already added Darryl Delia as a new assistant coach, which could help to jumpstart the offense.


Congratulations to DD. Best of luck at the Q.


What haapened to DD at Yale and Fairfield ?

FUGGEDABOUTIT
You choose this life, it comes with responsibilities..Teddy Roosevelt gave an entire speech once with a bullet lodged in his chest. Some things are a matter of duty.
User avatar
TripleE
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:09 am
Location: Silver Hill looking out the window at the birds

Step up to the new ECAC?

New postby jhu6569 on Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:38 pm

Did not Quinnipiac just announce that they were joining the new NEC? :?:
"Pro bono humanum"
User avatar
jhu6569
 
Posts: 6845
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:42 pm
Location: Hattiesburg, MS (nee Columbia, SC)

Should be an up and coming program

New postby laxweforget on Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:21 pm

If indeed Q loses only 3 players to graduation, it should be returning the vast majority of "points scored" from last year. [I can't confirm this because they took down last year's roster about 15 nanoseconds after the 2008 season ended. Why do some schools do that? What are they afraid of? Most colleges leave an archive of rosters/schedules/stats going back many seasons, and why not?] Points returning is probably the best--though by no means perfect--predictor of whether a team will improve or regress. So, unless those 3 graduates accounted for over 40% of points scored in 2008, I'd expect Q to improve in 2009.

Beyond that, this seems to me like a program that has real potential, for a number of reasons:

1) It is a "good" school according to people like USNews--a desirable place to get a degree from.

2) I have long felt that CT HS players were generally underrated and under recruited relative to NY, MD and LI HS players. That is, there is both quantity and quality to recruit from its own back yard. Kids do have a tendency to go to school close to home, on average, and there is not that much competition from similar D1 schools in CT and close by [UMass, Fairfield U, and maybe Manhattan and Marist is about all; Yale does not seem to bother to recruit CT kids; Sacred Heart and Hartford would not appear to be the same caliber schools academically]. Q does seem to get its share of highly regarded [e.g., All-State and "Super Junior"] CT recruits.

3) I am told [I have never been there] that it is an unusually nice campus. It is obviously in one of the premier college towns on the planet [I have been to New Haven].

I would expect Q to be better, maybe much better, in 2009. I guess another question I have is why hasn't this been a better program than it has been? It really has every opportunity to be a top notch lax program.
laxweforget
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:06 am

Re: Should be an up and coming program

New postby Swank_Lax on Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:56 pm

laxweforget wrote:If indeed Q loses only 3 players to graduation, it should be returning the vast majority of "points scored" from last year. [I can't confirm this because they took down last year's roster about 15 nanoseconds after the 2008 season ended. Why do some schools do that? What are they afraid of? Most colleges leave an archive of rosters/schedules/stats going back many seasons, and why not?] Points returning is probably the best--though by no means perfect--predictor of whether a team will improve or regress. So, unless those 3 graduates accounted for over 40% of points scored in 2008, I'd expect Q to improve in 2009.

Beyond that, this seems to me like a program that has real potential, for a number of reasons:

1) It is a "good" school according to people like USNews--a desirable place to get a degree from.

2) I have long felt that CT HS players were generally underrated and under recruited relative to NY, MD and LI HS players. That is, there is both quantity and quality to recruit from its own back yard. Kids do have a tendency to go to school close to home, on average, and there is not that much competition from similar D1 schools in CT and close by [UMass, Fairfield U, and maybe Manhattan and Marist is about all; Yale does not seem to bother to recruit CT kids; Sacred Heart and Hartford would not appear to be the same caliber schools academically]. Q does seem to get its share of highly regarded [e.g., All-State and "Super Junior"] CT recruits.

3) I am told [I have never been there] that it is an unusually nice campus. It is obviously in one of the premier college towns on the planet [I have been to New Haven].

I would expect Q to be better, maybe much better, in 2009. I guess another question I have is why hasn't this been a better program than it has been? It really has every opportunity to be a top notch lax program.

http://www.quinnipiacbobcats.com/SportS ... EASON=2007
2008 roster

http://www.quinnipiacbobcats.com/fls/17 ... M_ID=17500
2008 statistics


Let's not jump to conclusions about hiding things when the information was easily accessible on the QU athletics site.
Oh. So. Laxy. Twitter username: swanklax
User avatar
Swank_Lax
 
Posts: 1932
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:01 pm
Location: Perpetuating the NESCAC conspiracy

Sponsor
 

Next

Return to Men's - Division I

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: a fan, hedge, HooDat, HopAlum80, LaxDadinMD13, LaxMutt, Saint laXavier, SilverTerp, Spaceman, topgub, UKLaxfan, vtd, You R Despicable and 159 guests