Loyola 2010

Loyola 2010

New postby realist20 on Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:46 am

Loyola returns alot , but will have to replace the skills and leadership of Ricci and Koppens plus Wilcox and Daly will be gone from the midfield. The Hounds should be in good shape on the defensive side of the field and at attack. They will need have some young guys step up at the midfield. Hopefully they will be driven and focused after having been the odd man out of the tournamnt last yr. The schedule is very tough-- they do not have Cuse this yr., but they add Navy in Annapolis. It does favor he Hounds in the sense that they have ND, Duke, Gtown and Hopkins at home. Not sure where Ohio State and Denver games will be. Need to win some of the big ones to get in again and to make further strides.
realist20

Re: Loyola 2010

New postby thatsmell on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:12 am

I'm glad Loyola and Navy are finally getting a series going.

If I had my way, it would be nothing but local rivalries out of conference-

I would love it if Loyola was able to keep Gtown, and get a series with UMD, UMBC and even The Mount too...

It would be at the expense of Siena, Bryant and UND... but be a very nice schedule upgrade and help defray some travel costs...

I don't think UMBC and Loyola have played eachother since the late 80s at the fall ball Choice Visa Lacrosse Classic in Catonsville...

:think:
"I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
thatsmell

New postby laxbaby32 on Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:23 am

Actually Loyola had a series going with UMBC in the early 90's.
laxbaby32

New postby realist20 on Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:32 am

It seems as though the Gtown series will continue, which is great. It looks like ND will continue as well.
realist20

New postby realist20 on Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:33 am

UMBC and MD would be great games to have on the schedule.
realist20

New postby stagfan on Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:14 pm

realist20 wrote:Loyola returns alot , but will have to replace the skills and leadership of Ricci and Koppens plus Wilcox and Daly will be gone from the midfield. The Hounds should be in good shape on the defensive side of the field and at attack. They will need have some young guys step up at the midfield. Hopefully they will be driven and focused after having been the odd man out of the tournamnt last yr. The schedule is very tough-- they do not have Cuse this yr., but they add Navy in Annapolis. It does favor he Hounds in the sense that they have ND, Duke, Gtown and Hopkins at home. Not sure where Ohio State and Denver games will be. Need to win some of the big ones to get in again and to make further strides.

At Fairfield should be a better match up in 2010.........
stagfan

Loyola College Adds Four Signees, Upping Class to 11

New postby DakotaDan on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:27 am

BALTIMORE - Loyola Head Men's Lacrosse Coach Charley Toomey announced Tuesday the addition of four student-athletes who will play at Evergreen beginning in the 2009-10 academic year. The positional breakdown is three defenders and one goalie. The four players join seven previous commitments from the early signing period and expands Loyola's 2013 class to 11 total players.

Joining the Greyhounds in the fall of 2009 will be Michael Bonitatibus (Yorktown High School, Yorktown Heights, N.Y.), Thomas Hart (Landon School, Bethesda, Md.), Scott Ratliff (George Walton Comprehensive H.S., Marietta, Ga.) and Reid Action (Toronto, Ontario, Canada).

"We are excited about the addition of these four young men to the Greyhound program. This talented group will help bolster an already strong recruiting class for 2009-2010," said Toomey, who led Loyola to a 9-5 record in his fourth season as head coach in 2009, including a 6-1 record in the ECAC and a share of the league title.

Michael Bonitatibus is a 5-foot-8, 165 pound goalie from lacrosse power Yorktown High School in Westchester County, N.Y. Bonitatibus has been a starter for the Cornhuskers since his freshman year while earning All-Section twice. He has helped lead Yorktown to three straight sectional championships, as well as three straight appearances in the state semifinals. As a captain in 2009, he had another strong season in the goal making 160 saves while also collecting 45 groundballs.

Coach Toomey on Michael Bonitatibus:

"Mike is a kid who really loves the game and plays it with a lot of passion. He has a flare for making the big save and is also someone who can help you in the clearing game."

Thomas Hart is a 6-foot-2, 190 pound defenseman from the Landon School in Bethesda, Md. This season Hart developed into one of the best defenders in the state. He was a leader on defense for Landon matching up with the opponent's top offensive threat, while helping the Bears to a 17-3 regular season record.

Coach Toomey on Thomas Hart:

"Thomas is a player that has improved each year he has played the game. He has an excellent combination of size and toughness that we feel will translate very well at the Division-I level."

Scott Ratliff is a 5-foot-10, 170 pound defenseman from George Walton Comprehensive High School in Marietta, Ga. Ratliff will become the first Greyhound recruit to hail from the state of Georgia. In 2009, he earned a number of accolades, including first team all state as well as being named a high school All American.

Coach Toomey on Scott Ratliff:

"Scott is a very athletic defender who has excellent speed and quickness. He is someone we feel can help us between the lines as a long stick midfielder."

Reid Acton is a 6-foot-2, 205 pound defenseman from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Acton was a standout starting defender for the Westminster School in Simsbury, Conn.. Acton has also spent time on the Edge Lacrosse club and this past summer he was a starting defenseman for the U-19 Canadian National Team.

Coach Toomey on Reid Acton:

"Reid has an excellent combination of size, skill and toughness that we feel will be a huge asset to our defense. He is a terrific groundball player who excels at getting the ball up the field."

Loyola received seven previous committments last fall. They are Davis Butts (Walpole High School, Walpole, Mass.); Phil Dobson (New Milford High School, New Milford, Conn.); Josh Hawkins (Deerfield Academy, Deerfield, Mass.); Patrick Fanshaw (Calvert Hall, Glyndon, Md.); Tyler Foley (Darien High School, Darien, Conn.); Will Fredericks (St. Ignatius College Prep, San Francisco, Calif.) and TJ Harris (DeMatha Catholic High School, Crofton, Md.)
DakotaDan
Site Admin

New postby thatsmell on Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:36 am

These pictures are quite old- from April, so I'm sure they are even further along now, but the new athletic complex looks nice and should be ready soon!

http://www.loyolagreyhounds.com/view.gal?id=47522

The good news is that they tried to take a lot of cues from the best venue in lacrosse- Hopkins!

If I'm not mistaken, the hounds will be playing on this new field THIS upcoming season!

:D :D :D
thatsmell

New postby realist20 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:12 am

Heard from a HS player that visited recently that the new complex is incredible.
realist20

New postby realist20 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:23 am

Incoming class raked as honorable mention just outside top 10. I think that there is alot of upside to this class. Patrick fanshaw UA AA ranked #6 attackman by IL, plus Will Fredericks-#27 and Tyler Foley -#30 gives the Hounds 3 of the top 30 attackmen in the country according to IL. #27 middie davis Butts is supposedly a beast. TJ Harris#27 Dman and Canadian Reid Acton have Toomey anxiously awaiting their arrival and #11 goalie Bonitabius rounds out the class. The new stadium should be rocking and help with future classes.
realist20

New postby hbslax4 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:06 pm

realist20 wrote: Not sure where Ohio State and Denver games will be. Need to win some of the big ones to get in again and to make further strides.

The Denver game will be at Denver, and supposedly at Invesco Field.
hbslax4

New postby thatsmell on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:51 pm

The new Athletic complex is silly.

http://www.loyola.edu/IAC/progress/

Looking very, very nice.
Stands hold 6,000.
thatsmell

New postby sprocket on Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:28 pm

Nice to see the new faces on campus. Can't wait to see this years team shake off the dust and hit the field. BTW, went out to the new field and it is going to be spectacular!! I hope they get out on that field this coming spring. Best of luck to the incoming boys and the 2010 Hounds. GO HOUNDS!!
"If your going through hell, keep going."Winston Churchill
sprocket

New postby thatsmell on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:17 pm

sprocket wrote:Nice to see the new faces on campus. Can't wait to see this years team shake off the dust and hit the field. BTW, went out to the new field and it is going to be spectacular!! I hope they get out on that field this coming spring. Best of luck to the incoming boys and the 2010 Hounds. GO HOUNDS!!

I know the initial plan (at least 6 mos ago) was to open it with a bang, and get a huge game to cut the ribbon with...
Last I heard Navy was the home season opener, so that should certainly qualify!
With all of the festivities; and as good as Navy is; and as well as the Navy fans travel; it will be a great way to open the new place and hopefully start a great friendly new (in-state) rivalry!
:)
thatsmell

New postby on the road on Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:38 am

thatsmell wrote:The new Athletic complex is silly.

Looking very, very nice.
Stands hold 6,000.

Looks beautiful...where in relation to the old field is this new stadium?
on the road

New postby sprocket on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:28 am

on the road wrote:
thatsmell wrote:The new Athletic complex is silly.

Looking very, very nice.
Stands hold 6,000.

Looks beautiful...where in relation to the old field is this new stadium?

Take Cold Spring across 83 about 2 miles on the left. It is really nice, word is they are hanging sheet rock now.
"If your going through hell, keep going."Winston Churchill
sprocket

New postby thatsmell on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:10 am

Congrats to PT Ricci, who was recently drafted by the Philly Wings-
http://www.loyolagreyhounds.com/sports/ ... 09aaa.html
thatsmell

New postby X-factor on Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:04 am

X-factor

New postby neclax on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:14 am

What a great venue. Though I will miss watching games on campus.
neclax

New postby thatsmell on Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:07 am

I love the fact the stands are right on top of the field, no track...

Should be a great palce to watch a game!

thatsmell

Sponsor

Next

Return to Men's - Division I