Robert Morris 2010

Robert Morris 2010

New postby LaxFlame on Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:53 pm

Summer is almost half over, as we look forward to the New season at RMU. 4 of RMU’s players are having very productive seasons in the Canadian Box League at the Premier JR A level. Mid fielders Kiel Matisz and team mate Kevin Brownell have had very good production for their team the Burlington Chiefs of the Ontario Lacrosse league.
Matisz scoring 30 goals and 36 assists for 66Pt's and team mate Brownell with 30 goals and 33 assists for 63Pt's
Out on the Pacific coast of Canada RMU attack men Trevor Moore and Corbin Tao-Brambleby have also been having very good summers with their team the Coquitlam Adanac's of British Columbia Lacrosse League Moore scoring 36 goals and 66 assists for 102Pt's and second in BCJLA scoring with team mate Tao-Brambleby scoring an impressive 32 goals and 41 Pt's for 73 Pt's and 6th in BCJLA scoring.
Moore and Tao’s team are ranked #1 in Canada this week with Matisz and Brownwell’s ranked #2 !!!!!!! As the playoffs are now starting for these players
a perfect end to summer would be a showdown between these players/friends in the National Championships in August at the Minto Cup tournament.
LaxFlame

Re: Robert Morris 2010

New postby Lax Genius on Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:59 am

Kyle Buchanan had three goals and one assist last night in a 9-7 win by his Brooklin Redmen over Cody Jamieson and the Six Nations Chiefs in OLA Major Series action. Buchanan has been impressive since being picked up by Brooklin in a trade a couple of weeks ago. He is extremely quick and can change directions instantly, attributes that should help him have another terrific season with RMU in 2010. He is almost reminiscent of Mikey Powell in style.
Lax Genius

New postby Adamsschool on Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:53 pm

Even more impressive than Messrs. Tao-Brambleby and Moore being RMU teammates is the fact that five members of the Adanacs are WRA alums. Trevor ('07), Corbyn ("07), Cam McLean ('07), Garrett ('08) and Ben McIntosh ('09). Corbyn already has a Minto, at the heartbreaking expense of WRA alum Brock Armour ('06). Brayden Gerrie ('09) another WRA alum from Orangeville, Ontario, has a Minto, again at the heartbreaking expense of WRA alum Cayle "Tugboat" Ratcliffe ('06) and Reed McPhail (would have been '07).
Adamsschool

New postby Pittlaxref on Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:58 pm

More good news with the RMU connection on the Junior A front. Moore and Tao Brambley continue to get a lot of press on Inside Lacrosse's site. Their team seems to be doing very well and it looks like this is a direct result of their contributions. I would have to assume this is a good sign for the Colonials coming into this fall.

I'm not sure I would compare Buchanan to Powell, but he definitely seems to have a huge up side. I didn't realize he was an underclassmen. I wonder if any incoming freshman can make an impact right away? Seems like RMU lost a lot of senior leadership this past year. Captains would probably be a big question mark coming into the fall. This last group obviously did a great job. Any transfers coming in?

On another front, I heard yesterday that Coach Sunseri (offense Assistant and alum) has moved on and coach Stamatopoulos (sp from team website and listed as Director of Operations) is doing the same. I'm not sure if this is confirmed yet. Is this just normal summer coaching turnover? Any news on replacements?
Pittlaxref

New postby Lax Genius on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:19 pm

Pittlaxref wrote:I'm not sure I would compare Buchanan to Powell, but he definitely seems to have a huge up side. I didn't realize he was an underclassmen.

Let me clarify. Buchanan reminds me of Powell in appearance, size and style - small, wiry and very fast with an extremely quick change of direction which he relies on a great deal. I didn't intend to compare them on the basis of overall talent, impact, etc.
Lax Genius

New postby LaxFlame on Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:35 pm

Pittlaxref wrote:More good news with the RMU connection on the Junior A front. Moore and Tao Brambley continue to get a lot of press on Inside Lacrosse's site. Their team seems to be doing very well and it looks like this is a direct result of their contributions. I would have to assume this is a good sign for the Colonials coming into this fall.

I'm not sure I would compare Buchanan to Powell, but he definitely seems to have a huge up side. I didn't realize he was an underclassmen. I wonder if any incoming freshman can make an impact right away? Seems like RMU lost a lot of senior leadership this past year. Captains would probably be a big question mark coming into the fall. This last group obviously did a great job. Any transfers coming in?

On another front, I heard yesterday that Coach Sunseri (offense Assistant and alum) has moved on and coach Stamatopoulos (sp from team website and listed as Director of Operations) is doing the same. I'm not sure if this is confirmed yet. Is this just normal summer coaching turnover? Any news on replacements?
Moore and Tao Brambley have been huge in the leadership department for their Jr A team, although neither are known for being extremely vocal they lead by example every shift, for those of you interested here is a link to a great play by Moore this past week. Follow the link then click on the Jr A highlight tab, The highlight is entitled Trevor Moore big hit, bigger goal. Gotta love the effort, should be a force with his buddy Brambleby this year at RMU.
http://www.junioradanacs.com/multimedia.php
LaxFlame

New postby SugarBear on Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:31 am

Big Game in British Columbia tomorrow eve. 8pm Pacific 11 Eastern, Corbin Brambleby's and Trevor Moore's A's take on the crosstown Rivals the NW Salmonbellies, winner goes to the Canadian Championships for JR A in the Minto Cup!
Those interested can watch the game on line for free at http://www.junioradanacs.com/multimedia.php
If you have never seen a box lacrosse game this will be one to watch!
How hard would play today if you couldn't play tomorrow?
SugarBear

New postby rmulaxdad on Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:39 pm

Any info about the new recruits or the outlook for the D? Sounds like the boys from up North are playing well inside. The schedule is significantly stronger this year. Any preseason prognostications? I look for another .500 season as a real success heading into a new conference in 2011.
rmulaxdad

New postby laxordie14 on Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:43 pm

does rmu have any new canadian talent comming in? They have landed some great nucks in years past and i am wondering if the trend is continuing.
laxordie14

New postby LaxFlame on Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:53 pm

laxordie14 wrote:does rmu have any new Canadian talent coming in? They have landed some great nucks in years past and i am wondering if the trend is continuing.
There is one that I know about named Tyler DIgby, Midfield the kid is very talented and has been a beast in the BC JR A league for the New West Salmon bellies. Check out NLL Insider for various articles that mention this player. Another is named Neufeld from BC Big stick and I have heard good things about this player also.
LaxFlame

New postby hbslax4 on Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:08 pm

Look out for middie Taylor Graves to do big things at RMU. from California and went under the radar as far as recruiting exposure.
hbslax4

New postby skindawg on Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:56 pm

Kevin Brownell from Ontario, top scorer of the ola jr A league. He'll be a huge lift at midfield next season.
Kincolith
skindawg

New postby DakotaDan on Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:29 pm

Moon Township, Pa. - September 7, 2009 - Sixth-year head coach Bear Davis announced the addition of 13 athletes to the 2010 roster. This year's recruiting class consists of three defensemen, four attackmen, one LSM and five midfielders.

The 2010 recruiting class includes players from New York, Missouri, Oregon, Maryland, California, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and the Canadian provinces of Ontario, Alberta, and British Columbia.

This group of 13 athletes will join a veteran squad of eight defensemen, seven attackmen, three LSM's, 17 midfielders and four goalies. Last year the Colonials recorded their best performance in the program's history, finishing with a 9-7 overall record and a 2-4 conference record.

2010 National Letter of Intent Signees (12)
Ben Lewis          D     5-11   Fr.  Cazenovia, N.Y./Cazenovia Central
Keven Neufeld D 6-4 Fr. Coquitlam, B.C./Dr. Charles Best Sec.
Tyler Digby A 6-3 Fr. Westminster, B.C./New Westminster
Jake Hayes A 5-6 Fr. Calgary, Alberta/Central Memorial
Jason Hodgson A 5-0 Fr. Beaverton, Ore./Smithridge
Kyle Nicholas A 6-0 Fr. Syracuse, N.Y./Westhill
Nicholas Stoop LSM 5-10 Fr. Crofton, Md./Archbishop Curley
Justin Bailey M 5-9 Fr. Hampstead, Md./North Carroll
Taylor Graves M 5-10 Fr. Carlsbad, Ca./Carlsbad
Connor Martin M 6-2 Fr. Maumee, Ohio/St. John's Jesuit
Zachary Uhler M 6-1 Fr. Bradfordwoods, Pa./North Allegheny
Mitchell Wilde M 6-3 Fr. Brooklin, Ontario/Donald A. Wilson

2010 Transfer
Stephen Lindsley   D     6-4    So.  Chesterfield, Mo./Lindenwood U.

Ben Lewis - Competed in hockey and lacrosse while attending Cazenovia Central ... Named All-CNY Second team, first team all-league and defensive MVP for lacrosse in 2009 ... Throughout his prep career tallied one goal, 88 ground balls and 63 caused turnovers ... In hockey named first team all-league in 2009, was part of the Tier I Bantam Major NYS Championship team and earned a national bronze medal in 2006.

"Ben is a physical defenseman with tremendous on-ball defense," said Davis. "He has played summer ball with the highly competitive Central NY Roadhawks (along with incoming attackman Kyle Nicholas). We have seen Ben play a great deal and have yet to see a hole in his game."

Stephen Lindsley - Earned varsity letters in both lacrosse and hockey in high school ... Named first team all-conference his senior year and was on the dean's list all four years ... Competed in lacrosse at Lindenwood University under the direction of head coach Troy Hood for one year before transferring to Robert Morris.

"Stephen will bring some maturity to the defense as a seasoned transfer," said Davis. "He has a great frame and we think his best lacrosse is ahead of him. We can't wait to see him develop throughout his career."

Kevin Neufeld - Led his team to a Junior Provincial Championship in his sophomore year and a Senior Provincial Championship in his senior year ... Tallied an undefeated record in his sophomore year at Dr. Charles Best Secondary.

"Kevin is a very solid all-around defenseman," said Davis. "His overpowering size makes every attackman hesitant to go to the cage on him. Kevin was also a member of the championship team at the NDP Tournament of Champions (along with incoming attackman Tyler Digby). This summer he also played with the Junior A Adanacs in BC Canada alongside current players Trevor Moore and Corbyn Tao, who I am sure have introduced him to how we play here at RMU."

Tyler Digby - Competed in football, lacrosse and basketball while attending New Westminster ... Named team captain of his lacrosse team in 2008 ... Recognized as the athlete of the year in his sophomore, junior and senior year and was named the career athlete of New Westminster in his senior year ... Led his team to a NDP National Championship for lacrosse in 2008 and 2009 ... Also competes on the Robert Morris football team.

"Tyler has played in high level competition settings in Canada and the US (Blue Chip 225 All Star game 2008 and was a member of the championship squad at the NDP Tournament of Champions event held in Florida in 2008 and 2009)," said Davis. "He will be a presence with his 6'4 frame and great hands."

Jake Hayes - In 2009 was fifth in the league in scoring with 29 goals, 31 assists and 60 points ... Led his team to a Midget A Box City Championship.

"Jake is a lefty sniper," said Davis. "As he continues to grow and improve upon his strength, you will see great development in Jake's game. Watch out as he finds more ways to get his shot off."

Jason Hodgson - Earned three letters in soccer and four in lacrosse while attending Smithridge high school ... Named team captain of his lacrosse team in 2009 and earned All-Metro First Team honors in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 ... Also Garnered First Team All-State honors for lacrosse in 2007, 2008 and 2009 ... Started every varsity lacrosse game for four years and tallied over 210 goals and 115 assists ... Was the team leader in ground balls in 2006, 2007 and 2008.

"Jason is a very crafty player who will look to find a spot on either the attack or midfield for the Colonials," said Davis. "He is a shifty dodger with the ability to distribute the ball or finish it himself."

Kyle Nicholas - Named captain of his lacrosse team in his senior year ... Named all-league second team in 2009 and was honored with the team sportsmanship award ... During his senior year tallied 33 goals and 21 assists for 54 points ... In 2009 led his team to a 14-7 overall record.

"Kyle is a lefty attackman who seems to always figure out a way to get his points," said Davis. "He has very good hands and does a great job of finding lanes off the ball. Kyle was a member of the highly competitive CNY Roadhawks travel team and was also selected to participate in the Blue Chip 225 2008 All Star game."

Nicholas Stoop - Five-sport athlete at Archbishop Curley ... Named an Adidas All-American in his junior year ... Led his team to a MIAA B Conference Championship in 2008 under the direction of head coach Josiah Latona ... Graduated third in his class and was a member of the National Honor Society.

"Nick will look to play LSM," said Davis. "He is poised in the clearing game and has continued to improve his on-ball defense. Nick is a kid who wills himself to succeed in anything that comes his way. We are very excited about his work ethic, attitude and passion for the game. It will be very exciting to see where Nick's game develops in the future as he never stops trying to improve."

Justin Bailey - Competed in football, indoor track and field and lacrosse during his prep career ... In 2008 was named second team all-county and all-conference and in 2009 was named first team all-county and first team all-conference ... After three years of playing varsity lacrosse tallied 56 goals and 15 assists ... In his senior season tallied 39 goals and 10 assists ... Honored with the Monocacy Valley Athletic League Academic Award, participated in the Carroll County Senior All-Star game and also competed in the Maryland Coaches Association All-Star game.

"Justin is a two way midfielder who will pose a threat in the transition game," said Davis. "Justin's speed and change of direction make him a great dodging threat. As his stick skills continue to improve, Justin will be a great all-around threat."

Taylor Graves - Named first team all-conference in his junior and senior seasons ... Started as a varsity midfielder all four years of high school and was the team captain for three years ... Three-time most valuable player and named to the All-CIF team three times ... Named to the San Diego Union-Tribune All-Academic Team.

"Taylor is one of the most talented players to come out of California from last year," said Davis. "He has a great shot with both hands. We love his enthusiasm for the game and feel his work ethic will bring continued improvement. We look to see great things out of Taylor in the future.

Connor Martin - Participated in lacrosse and football while attending St. John's Jesuit ... Named all-state in 2009, all-region in 2008 and 2009 and all-city in 2008 and 2009 ... Team captain in 2008 and 2009 ... In 2009 registered 72 points with 52 goals and 20 assists and throughout his entire career amassed 117 goals and 47 assists ... Earned SJJ Academic Honors throughout high school ... Participated in the Toledo Area Lacrosse Association summer league and led his team to a Midwest Jesuit Invitational Championship in 2007 ... While competing with Burning River lacrosse helped guide his team to a NDP Midwest Cup Championship and in 2008 his team qualified for the Dick's Tournament of Champions held in Florida.

"Connor is a versatile athlete who will look to find a place on our midfield with his great ability to get up and down the field," said Davis. "He is an offensive threat with both hands and will be a tough one to stop."

Zachary Uhler - Three-year letterman and two-year starter while playing lacrosse for North Allegheny ... Throughout his career tallied 60 goals and 31 assists ... Named WPIAL ALL-Section and team MVP following his senior campaign ... He was a scholar-athlete and on the honor roll ... During his senior year led his team to an 18-4 overall record and a 6-1 league record.

"Zach is one of the best local players represented in his class," said Davis. "Zach is a great throw back, two way midfielder who we anticipate great things from. He plays with a lot of energy and is a great competitor. He participated with the highly competitive Steel City Select travel team from Pittsburgh."

Mitchell Wilde - Played lacrosse, football and volleyball while attending Donald A. Wilson ... In 2008 led his team to an 11-4 record ... He was named MVP in both 2008 and 2009 and recorded 23 goals and 40 assists in 2009 ... Honored with the Donald A Wilson "Face of the Future" award ... Led his team to seven Ontario Lacrosse Championships ... In 2009 was part of the Founders Cup Junior B Canadian Championship team.

"Mitch has a tremendous stick and great size," said Davis. "His experience playing with the highly competitive Edge Canadian travel team will help him make the transition to the field game. Current players Kiel Matisz and Dave Morton have had great early success coming out of the Edge program."
DakotaDan
Site Admin

New postby Pittlaxref on Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:59 pm

Had a chance to catch a few minutes of the Intra-Squad game today. They went with Blue vs. White. The attack on both sides of the ball looked pretty good. Some of the freshman on both sides of the ball looked very good. I can see more than a few of them competing for PT and getting significant PT in the spring. The defense still needs some work, but the goaltending seemed on par with last season. Compared to last season, RMU looked well ahead of where they were at this point 1 yr ago.

I heard that the team will travel up to Boston for the Catamount Classic next weekend.
Pittlaxref

New postby barthur12 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:37 pm

RMU played Duke to a very close game, either a tie or RMU by 1. Regardless it was a great showing for the Colonials, hats off to Bear Davis and all the RMU players.
barthur12

New postby GhettoBot on Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:42 pm

do you happen to have any other info about the game?
GhettoBot

New postby rmulaxdad on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:42 pm

A GREAT win today! 24-17 against a PSU team that was not forgetting the 2OT lossfrom 2009! The offense is definately ready to go, The D sounds like they tired on the road, but got the W anyway. Hope they keep this going.
rmulaxdad

New postby BOXLA on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:53 pm

LAGR said at one point there were 4 goals scored in a minute.

Near the end of the game PSU had 67 shots and was down 7.

How long has it been since 2 teams have scored more than 40 goals in a D1 game?
BOXLA

wow

New postby laxordie14 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:57 pm

I did a triple take when i saw that score. How about Barcia with 26 saves?? Thats a heck of a day no matter how you slice it. I wonder how many of those were quality saves...if anyone was there could you please fill me in on this?

It cannot be good to give up 70 shots and rely so heavily on your goalie, but any team that can put up 24 goals on a respectable Penn State team should be in for a decent showing.
laxordie14

New postby SugarBear on Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:14 pm

Laxlordie another year and another negative broadcast from the self professed RMU hater. Give it a rest RMU is good, if they could actually could recruit some D they would be top 20 with their offence and Goalie. Where is the Love? This team has enough talent to challenge the next 2 years and they left more than one freshman on the sidelines today. Hats off to Bear and the coaching staff, last year the win was dismissed as a fluke this year it was decisive, again I have asked before what is your issue with RMU and their success?
How hard would play today if you couldn't play tomorrow?
SugarBear

Sponsor

Next

Return to Men's - Division I