Orange Duce

An experimental forum for discussing off-topic subjects

Re: Orange Duce

New postby Typical Lax Dad on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:57 am

Trinity wrote:Politico reports that after the bruise pictures broke Sarah Huckleberry organized a secret Q and A session with Porter and four reporters to allow the golden boy to explain away the beatings. How does that square with the “40 Minutes Later” Kelly story?
This seems more like what Porter is telling friends, that the WH wanted to fight these charges.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/ ... use-407242

If I were a cartoonist I’d draw an empty barrel and hang four stars on it. The COS has zero credibility left.

Typical Lax Dad

New postby Trinity on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:05 am

Ha!
Trinity

New postby wgalum76 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:37 am

randyrad wrote:
wgalum wrote :
I don't think anyone is out to get Kelly, but he did allow someone without security clearance to filter the information flow to Trump. You don't see a problem with that? Additionally, you said that the initial response to the news that one of his key aides was a wife beater was written by someone else (the girlfriend of the wife beater, of all people) and he didn't think it was important enough to check it out before it went out in his name? Spare me the "poor General" talk about whatever he says is going to be twisted - he was supposed to be the calming, normalizing force in a sea of slime. He was not supposed to adding to the slime.

Porter had an interim security clearance -- I posted an article detailing what that entails & how the WH could function with that.

When Kelly released the first statement, he did not (yet) know that Porter was a "wife beater."

It's not as clear cut as you portray it.
Did you notice that wife #2 said Porter should stay in the job ?

Unless there is an arrest, accusations of domestic violence are not categorically disqualifying for holding a security clearance.

Not to worry -- other than Hicks, Porter's other girlfriends are Russian sparrows under FISA surveillance.

You must contend that the FBI report does not mention the wife beating since the report was available long before the visual. You also said that Kelly did not write the first statement - which sounds like he did not think it was serious enough to respond himself. Yes, wife #2 said he should stay on the job - it sounds like he is good at his job. This, of course, is irrelevant. There are hundreds of qualified people that could do that job that are not wife beaters - and her motivation for him not becoming unemployed could very well be money motivated.

I hope Kelly does his job trying to herd the cats that are this administrations odd assortment of clowns - but he should stop making public statements. He is not good at it, and there are only so many times he can put his foot in his mouth.
wgalum76

New postby Trinity on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:55 am

We gotta stop grading on a curve. These guys are terrible at this. So of course they try to blame the FBI again.
Trinity

New postby fattylax on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:19 am

From the limited research into this subject, it appears the FBI have very little to do with security clearance checks. In fact, fatty recently sat with a guy doing a security clearance that worked for company based in Colorado. According to NBIB, 95% of these checks are done by "private" companies. Is it different for White House staff?
Globalization is just an elitists word for SLAVERY
fattylax

New postby Trinity on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:10 am

Chris Wray just threw The White House under the bus. Warned about Porter, rewarned in depth, warned again, file closed in January. Denied.
Trinity

New postby Lax Fidelis on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:25 pm

^^ How long before the OD tweets that he should fire Wray for not kowtowing to the company line? :whatever:
"Still, a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest." Paul Simon, 1968.

I.O.K.I.Y.A.R.

Caveat lector, nullius in verba.
Lax Fidelis

New postby Typical Lax Dad on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:30 pm

randyrad wrote:
MDlaxfan76 wrote:
randyrad wrote:I believe the photo. When I see it, I have solid proof that it can't be a he said - she said case, & I have solid grounds for dismissal.

When did Kelly see the photo ?

Hope Hicks drafted Kelly's initial statement, which defended Porter.

randy, seems to me that there's been ample response to the notion that the photo is dispositive "proof" of abuse rather than simply one more piece in an array of reinforcing indications of such. The testimonies of the women involved-reinforcing each other's testimony, multiple contemporaneous accounts of the abuse from 3rd parties, photo, police report, restraining order, etc.

With or without the photo, there was ample indication of a pattern of behavior, fully credible. The photo simply made it more viscerally understandable, but should be no more credible than the contemporaneous accounts, reinforcing testimonies of multiple women, etc. Much less that a single account deserves serious weight on its own.

It's reported that the FBI had the photo early on. It's an interesting question as to whether Kelly was aware of the photo before it became public, but it should not have been needed for these women's accounts to have been deemed credible and Porter's denials to have been questionable. It probably took some time to reach and interview the various contemporaneous accounts as further confirmation of the credibility of the women's stories, but that, too, would have been reported to McGahn and presumably to Kelly, if interested.

The real question is whether he was ever interested in making sure that there wasn't an actual serious issue with Porter's clearance and access to info, and anyone else's. Or was it only the public furor that required a change of posture, eventually.

Kelly apparently didn't have all the info until the story broke.
He reportedly expressed surprise that Porter had previous wives.
We don't know if Kelly was even aware (yet) of the wives accusations.
Based on what little Kelly's reportedly said to media -- it had not bubbled up to Kelly yet from the WH Counsel & WH Security Manager.
We don't know (yet) what Kelly knew & when.
During his tenure as COS, Kelly reportedly asked, more than once, for a status report/update of interim security clearances.
Until the story broke, there was no red flag yet (at Kelly's level), about Porter.

Wray has absolutely destroyed the White House timeline on the Rob Porter allegations

The White House claims that the FBI investigation into Porter was still ongoing when Porter was let go last week. Wray says they closed their investigation in January.

Wray is lying!!
Typical Lax Dad

New postby fattylax on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:31 pm

Trinity wrote:Chris Wray just threw The White House under the bus. Warned about Porter, rewarned in depth, warned again, file closed in January. Denied.

that's NOT what fatty heard Wray say: Not even close.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... ound-check
fattylax

New postby jhu72 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:35 pm

Trinity wrote:Chris Wray just threw The White House under the bus. Warned about Porter, rewarned in depth, warned again, file closed in January. Denied.

It is worse than that. The FBI event timeline does not align with the White House (CBS) timeline. The preliminary report was turned over in March 2017 - not June 2017 (per WH). The final report was turned over in July 2017, not in 2018.

Liars, liars all their pants are on fire! WH had sufficient information to show Porter the door in March 2017 (everyone but Kelly who only learned 40 minutes before Porter claims to have resigned in February 2018). :lol:

Kelly has thrown away any credibility he had when he joined the White House. Wonder what new lie Ms. Chucklebee will tell us today?
Last edited by jhu72 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go Turtles! Current holders of the longest running D1 Lacrosse Championship drought among teams to ever win a championship. 42 years.
jhu72

New postby fattylax on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:40 pm

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
randyrad wrote:
MDlaxfan76 wrote:
randyrad wrote:I believe the photo. When I see it, I have solid proof that it can't be a he said - she said case, & I have solid grounds for dismissal.

randy, seems to me that there's been ample response to the notion that the photo is dispositive "proof" of abuse rather than simply one more piece in an array of reinforcing indications of such. The testimonies of the women involved-reinforcing each other's testimony, multiple contemporaneous accounts of the abuse from 3rd parties, photo, police report, restraining order, etc.

With or without the photo, there was ample indication of a pattern of behavior, fully credible. The photo simply made it more viscerally understandable, but should be no more credible than the contemporaneous accounts, reinforcing testimonies of multiple women, etc. Much less that a single account deserves serious weight on its own.

It's reported that the FBI had the photo early on. It's an interesting question as to whether Kelly was aware of the photo before it became public, but it should not have been needed for these women's accounts to have been deemed credible and Porter's denials to have been questionable. It probably took some time to reach and interview the various contemporaneous accounts as further confirmation of the credibility of the women's stories, but that, too, would have been reported to McGahn and presumably to Kelly, if interested.

The real question is whether he was ever interested in making sure that there wasn't an actual serious issue with Porter's clearance and access to info, and anyone else's. Or was it only the public furor that required a change of posture, eventually.

Based on what little Kelly's reportedly said to media -- it had not bubbled up to Kelly yet from the WH Counsel & WH Security Manager.
During his tenure as COS, Kelly reportedly asked, more than once, for a status report/update of interim security clearances.
Until the story broke, there was no red flag yet (at Kelly's level), about Porter.

Wray has absolutely destroyed the White House timeline on the Rob Porter allegations

The White House claims that the FBI investigation into Porter was still ongoing when Porter was let go last week. Wray says they closed their investigation in January.

Wray is lying!!

TLD, usually you aim before shooting. Listen to Wray words, testimony. Don't read horribly , biased and slanted, news articles. Wray clearly said "received & passed on" new information given to them earlier in the month. Gee, wonder what it was? Was Porter denied or not? Why the F can't we get a clear answer from the FBI director????
Last edited by fattylax on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fattylax

New postby foreverlax on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:41 pm

Simple incredible, but not surprising.

Why would you lie when others know the facts? Stupid!!
Honor the Game!
foreverlax

New postby Trinity on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:46 pm

The new information is the girlfriend coming forward to save Hope Hicks.
Trinity

New postby Clamrakepat on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:57 pm

fattylax wrote:From the limited research into this subject, it appears the FBI have very little to do with security clearance checks. In fact, fatty recently sat with a guy doing a security clearance that worked for company based in Colorado. According to NBIB, 95% of these checks are done by "private" companies. Is it different for White House staff?

It is different.The FBI does the background check.They then hand the information to the White House Counsel.This took place in June 2017.It's then up to the President and his advisers to that point.The FBI does not grant or deny security clearance.It is ludicrous for the White House to blame the FBI for not doing its job."Forty Minutes and Out" Kelly, WH Counsel, and Trump's Greek chorus FAILED MISERABLY.

The overall ineptitude is compounded when the WH lies to the public.

Mr.Wray deserves accolades :clap: for standing up the outrageous attacks perpetrated by Trump et. al.
"Sometimes the good you do doesn't do you any good."
Clamrakepat

New postby Typical Lax Dad on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:04 pm

fattylax wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
randyrad wrote:
MDlaxfan76 wrote:

Wray is lying!!

TLD, usually you aim before shooting. Listen to Wray words, testimony. Don't read horribly , biased and slanted, news articles. Wray clearly said "received & passed on" new information given to them earlier in the month. Gee, wonder what it was? Was Porter denied or not? Why the F can't we get a clear answer from the FBI director????

This shouldn't be that hard. You either know the guy beat his wife or he didn't. What kind of operation are they running.... These are the leaders of the free world? Couldn't catch clap in a [deleted]......as they say.....
Typical Lax Dad

New postby fattylax on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:08 pm

So it can be surmised that Wray's comment about receiving new information earlier this month and passing that along to the White house could very well be the wives allegations/pictures. And we could also surmise that you are of the opinion that the White house could have said "so what" and kept him on :confusion-shrug:

At the end of the day, if the WH can trump background checks/security clearances, why have them in the first place?
fattylax

New postby Clamrakepat on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:08 pm

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
Trinity wrote:Politico reports that after the bruise pictures broke Sarah Huckleberry organized a secret Q and A session with Porter and four reporters to allow the golden boy to explain away the beatings. How does that square with the “40 Minutes Later” Kelly story?
This seems more like what Porter is telling friends, that the WH wanted to fight these charges.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/ ... use-407242

If I were a cartoonist I’d draw an empty barrel and hang four stars on it. The COS has zero credibility left.

גוט גליק קליימינג ווי ער פרוווט צו קריכן אויס פון די פאַס
gut glik kleyming vi er frvut tsu krikhn aoys fun di fas
Goodluck trying to get yourself out of the barrel.
Clamrakepat

New postby jhu72 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:09 pm

Trinity wrote:The new information is the girlfriend coming forward to save Hope Hicks.

The November event in the WH timeline that caused McGahn to speak with Kelly -- "but we didn't go into detail". :lol:

The conversation:

McGahn: John, I just took a call from a women who was a girlfriend of Rob's. She claims Rob abused her as well. This now makes three. She is also a little strange, she claims she called because she is concerned for Hope's safety. I am concerned someone like this who sticks their nose into something that doesn't concern them, she might go to the media with this story.

Kelly: Understood Don, lets just keep rolling the dice. Rob is too valuable and Hope is a big girl.

McGahn: Ok.

----

This story is setting up to be a who's (in the White House) fault is it? McGahn's or Kelly's. Someone made the call to "keep rolling the dice". It is not McGahn's call, he is just the messenger. So did McGahn take it upon himself or was it Kelly? What did Trump know and when did he know it?
Last edited by jhu72 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go Turtles! Current holders of the longest running D1 Lacrosse Championship drought among teams to ever win a championship. 42 years.
jhu72

New postby Trinity on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:10 pm

White House: Background check on Porter was ongoing.
FBI: Nope.
White House: We learned last week.
FBI: Nope.
White House: He was fired 40 minutes after we learned.
Reporters: Except for when you invited him to defend himself.
—Philip Rucker
Trinity

New postby Clamrakepat on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:24 pm

fattylax wrote:So it can be surmised that Wray's comment about receiving new information earlier this month and passing that along to the White house could very well be the wives allegations/pictures. And we could also surmise that you are of the opinion that the White house could have said "so what" and kept him on :confusion-shrug:

At the end of the day, if the WH can trump background checks/security clearances, why have them in the first place?

Surmise away.It ain't going to make a difference to you under any circumstances.FBI closed its background check in July .FBI was asked to look further.They did so in November.

The current COS was "surprised" :o to hear about Porter. N.B. he "claimed" he received the information in February of 2018.What a snake pit.Eager to see how Huckster Huckabuck spins Wray's statement.
Clamrakepat

Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler