Orange Duce

An experimental forum for discussing off-topic subjects

Re: Orange Duce

New postby fattylax on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:48 am

foreverlax wrote:
fattylax wrote:
foreverlax wrote:DOPUS only cares about himself...his image/his wealth and his power. His neediness is off the charts. He really does need to be told on a daily basis how smart he is, how good looking he is, how great he is. If he isn't told these things, he tells us!!

His lack of confidence is mindbogglingly.

Serious question....Have you spent much time with politicians? From a small town mayor or selectperson, up to the Federal level?

TAATS

Serious answer - No. What was his excuse before he ran for office? They may all be the same, but some are worse.

Editorial in today's WSJ

“As noted in both Section 232 reports, however, the U.S. military requirements for steel and aluminum each only represent about three percent of U.S. production. Therefore, DoD does not believe that the findings in the reports impact the ability of DoD programs to acquire the steel·or aluminum necessary to meet national defense requirements.”

The Trump Administration has pulled the 232 stunt because it gives the President power to act unilaterally. But its own analysis shows how weak its case is. Steel users should challenge this in court as the unlawful ruse it is.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-nation ... 1520897310

:o

And all this time, fatty thought our chickenhawks TAATS enforced the law that US military killing thinggiees had to be made with US made products. Where is the great pretend Sen. Mclame on this issue :lol: Simply amazing.....and didn't fatty already post something about RUSSIANS owning the US steel plants anyway?

exactly
Globalization is just an elitists word for SLAVERY
fattylax

New postby dislaxxic on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:06 pm

The White House and Media brackets are BRUTAL! Of course, my sleeper is the No. 1 seed in the Congress bracket...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

New postby fattylax on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:42 pm

Why does the Dept. of Defense hate US citizens and its jobs? We give so much of our tax dollars, but the DoD just ignores the Buy American Act (1933). And Trump exec order is mostly ignored?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential ... -american/

Thank you miliatary officers....you are SOOOO patriotic :whatever: Why do we keep on giving them so much money? They don't care about their fellow US citizens.

http://www.nwitimes.com/business/steel/ ... 21438.html

The Department of Defense had requested the removal of Buy America provisions

WTF.....fatty and all the other SHAYSIANS are requesting the removal of 80% of the DoD's budget. How about THEM apples.
Globalization is just an elitists word for SLAVERY
fattylax

New postby Firefly on Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:23 pm

How is it that the Very Stable Genius continually finds himself surrounded by incompetent fools ? Don't those people like winning ?
Endeavor to persevere
Firefly

New postby Lax Fidelis on Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:30 pm

Wait a minute, Firefly. OD claims he hires only the best and everyone wants to work for him. :lol: :whatever:
"Still, a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest." Paul Simon, 1968.

I.O.K.I.Y.A.R.

Caveat lector, nullius in verba.
Lax Fidelis

New postby ggait on Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:31 pm

NY Times NOV. 30, 2017:

"White House Plans Tillerson Ouster From State Dept., to Be Replaced by Pompeo"

DJT:

“The media has been speculating that I fired Rex Tillerson or that he would be leaving soon - FAKE NEWS!"

Failing NY Times is so bad that they are even failing at failing.
ggait

New postby Paesan33 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:49 pm

fattylax wrote:Yup....only trump does things for votes. What planet are you people on?

is this your private position, or your public position.

:mrgreen:
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Paesan33

New postby Firefly on Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:30 pm

Lax Fidelis wrote:Wait a minute, Firefly. OD claims he hires only the best and everyone wants to work for him. :lol: :whatever:

At this rate, EVERYONE will have a chance to work for him.
Endeavor to persevere
Firefly

New postby wahoomurf on Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:48 pm

"THE ART OF FIRING"
(1) Never fire a staffer face to face.
(2) Send a lackey or a navvy to inform the Firee...2 to 3 hours AFTER it's publicly announced.
(3) Firee should be at least 1000 miles away from DD Central when the news breaks.
(4) Tweets and press leaks can be useful tools.
(5) Hold a presser wherein you give all glory and honor to the Firee....without laughing or letting the hoi polloi watch your nose grow.
(6) Any questions, ask Kelly or Huckabuck.
(7) Spell it correctly once and for all.....Stephen Miller NOT Steven Miller.His mommy gave him that name!
"Sooner or later we all have to pay for what we do". (Oscar Wilde)

"Never trust anyone whose TV is bigger than their bookshelf".
wahoomurf

New postby Trinity on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:09 pm

Mattis and Mnuchin had a suicide pact with Tillerson. One gets fired, they all walk. Is that still operational?
Trinity

New postby hobart59 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:23 pm

Well it turns out, someone from the State Department ( and he's been fired) put out a statement that Tillerson became aware of his termination via a Trump tweet..... the real story is.... Kelly told him on Friday. Tillerson supposedly came back from Africa because of sickness... no, he found out he was fired.
hobart59

New postby dislaxxic on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:31 pm

wow, how bout that? The Trump rank and file now calling Rex a liar.

Nothing but the best, i see...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

New postby MDlaxfan76 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:33 pm

Trinity wrote:Mattis and Mnuchin had a suicide pact with Tillerson. One gets fired, they all walk. Is that still operational?

That was the rumor. Guess that's going to be tested.
MDlaxfan76

New postby randyrad on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:39 pm

Trinity wrote:Mattis and Mnuchin had a suicide pact with Tillerson. One gets fired, they all walk. Is that still operational?

I doubt it, so long as Kelly is COS.

Plus, the pending N Korea deal adds a sense of urgency. I don't see Mattis quitting while that's in play.
I think Kelly & Mattis will be happy with Pompeo at State.
randyrad

New postby Lax Fidelis on Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:09 pm

Meanwhile, Vladi is delighted to see the director of our CIA become the SoS. Vladi likes to see those kind of folks move ahead in the world. Does him proud.
"Still, a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest." Paul Simon, 1968.

I.O.K.I.Y.A.R.

Lax Fidelis

New postby MDlaxfan76 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:21 pm

randyrad wrote:

Plus, the pending N Korea deal adds a sense of urgency. I don't see Mattis quitting while that's in play.

Sounds like McMaster will be going first.
MDlaxfan76

New postby a fan on Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:01 pm

hobart59 wrote:Well it turns out, someone from the State Department ( and he's been fired) put out a statement that Tillerson became aware of his termination via a Trump tweet..... the real story is.... Kelly told him on Friday. Tillerson supposedly came back from Africa because of sickness... no, he found out he was fired.

Wait, wait: let me guess. This latest firing is just more evidence as to how awesome and amazing Trump is, right?

Did I get it right?
a fan

New postby foreverlax on Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:07 pm

MDlaxfan76 wrote:
randyrad wrote:

Sounds like McMaster will be going first.

Pompeo is a formidable opponent, one that has been talking in DOPUS' ear from day one. The question is not if, but when, and will he wear the uniform or a $5000 suit like his former boss.
Honor the Game!
foreverlax

New postby Lax Fidelis on Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:38 pm

Lost in the Tillerson maelstrom today, I haven't seen anyone post this story:

ICE spokesman resigns

Online headline reads: ICE spokesman resigns, citing fabrications by agency chief, Sessions about Calif. immigrant arrests

"I’ve never been in a situation when I’ve been asked to ignore the facts because it was more convenient,” James Schwab told the San Francisco Chronicle.

Just another wonderful day in Mr. Trump's neighborhood. Acting ICE director Homan looks as if he was summoned from the Mafia hitman central casting.

I.O.K.I.Y.A.R.

Lax Fidelis

New postby seacoaster on Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:35 pm

This is for hobart59:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ri ... f53ec5a546

"Without interviewing key witnesses, looking at all relevant documents or awaiting special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s findings, the Republican majority on the House Intelligence Committee — lacking the knowledge or consent of committee Democrats — proclaimed that there is no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. In addition to an utter lack of initiative, Republicans were disinclined to recall events that have already been made public and that show a peculiar degree of interaction between members of the Trump campaign and Russians (e.g., then-candidate Donald Trump’s invitation for Russia to hack Hillary Clinton’s emails, the June 2016 meeting between campaign officials and a Kremlin-connected lawyer at Trump Tower). Republicans went so far as to deny Russia had intervened in the 2016 election on President Trump’s behalf."

We blame a lot of stupid things on Nunes, who is a complete and total toolski. But a pox on the rest of the House IC Republicans for allowing this bozo to be the PT Barnum of their silly circus.

And there is this, to be fair:

"Even one of the Republican committee members expressed his disgust. “We’re just basically a political forum for people to leak information to drive the day’s news … we’ve lost all credibility, and we’re probably going to issue probably two different reports, unfortunately,” said Rep. Thomas J. Rooney (R-Fla.). He confessed that the committee had gone “off the rails.”
seacoaster

Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler