Orange Duce

An experimental forum for discussing off-topic subjects

Re: Orange Duce

New postby MDlaxfan76 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:13 pm

Yup, you keep buying that hobart. Trump's totally honest, never impulsive, and couldn't possibly make decisions that are driven by political posturing.

As I said, it's a shame we have to even wonder about his specific timing. I'm not coming to any conclusion, though, as it seems to me that it was going to happen at some point, and it at least it was a coordinated attack.

I don't have an issue with the choice, indeed it was apparently what Mattis advocated against Trump's desire to do more, so good for Trump for listening. We can only hope that the 'message' was taken more seriously than last year's action.

But "Mission accomplished" is remarkably off script. But Trump simply can't help himself from self-congratulation.
MDlaxfan76

New postby All Seeing Eye on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:14 am

hobart59 wrote:The strike on Syria was to send a message to the Syrian regime to not use chemical weapons on innocent civilians. Nothing more nothing less. Trump has no desire to invade or to over throw Assad. The mission was to send a message. I would imagine there's another subtle message that might be pickup by both North Korea and Iran.....

Wasn't that the same message delivered last April when the same thing occurred? That attack apparently did not deter Assad from doing it again as will this attack.

Add to this the clueless WH Press secretary tweets out a picture today of DOPUS and staff meeting to decide on Syria actions - only problem is the photo shows VP Pence at the meeting which could not have occurred Thursday night or Friday as he was in Peru for the Americas summit.
Annuit cœptis
All Seeing Eye

New postby wahoomurf on Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:40 pm

I believe the actions taken won't deter Assad from killing his own people.Ya' can't make Vampires, vegetarians.The calming influences of the Brits and the French and the sanity displayed by Gen.Matt is (keeping Trump out of the decision) prevented carpet bombing the entire country.

But the NIMBY message is more subtle: "We reach high dudgeon when Syrians are gassed.We'll do anything for those poor folks.....with one exception.....the 11 Million displaced souls are not WELCOME to come to the U.K., France and certainly NOT the U.S.A.

Greenland, Namibia, Nunavut, and Mongolia, perhaps.But certainly but NOT in our collective backyards. :naughty:
"Squealer, the second in command and propaganda minister of The Animal Farm, often physically skips from side to side during his convoluted explanations which are never direct and always skirt the obvious truth of the matter at hand"- (Orwell)
wahoomurf

New postby cradleandshoot on Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:31 pm

Murf you may have just stated my quote for the year so far... you can't make a vampire a vegetarian. There could be some ambiguity about a strict diet of blood not falling into the cracks somewhere between vegetarian and carnivore sort of like trying to differentiate tomato juice from blood sausage... :D
" Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one."
Thomas Paine
cradleandshoot

New postby gafferhexam on Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:12 pm

wahoomurf wrote:I believe the actions taken won't deter Assad from killing his own people.Ya' can't make Vampires, Vegetarians.The calming influences of the Brits and the French and the sanity displayed by Gen.Matt is (keeping Trump out of the decision) prevented carpet bombing the entire country.

But the NIMBY message is more subtle: "We reach high dudgeon when Syrians are gassed.We'll do anything for those poor folks.....with one exception.....the 11 Million displaced souls are not WELCOME to come to the U.K., France and certainly NOT the U.S.A.

Greenland, Namibia, Nunavut, and Mongolia, perhaps.But certainly but NOT in our collective backyards. :naughty:

Like WC Fields,Assad loves children....partially cooked. :scared-yipes: :evil_misc:
COLLUSION IS NOT A CRIME!

Turn those 11 dirtbags over to Boss Putin. Failure to do so is completely unacceptable.
gafferhexam

New postby fattylax on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:24 pm

hobart59 wrote:The strike on Syria was to send a message to the Syrian regime to not use chemical weapons on innocent civilians. Nothing more nothing less. Trump has no desire to invade or to over throw Assad. The mission was to send a message. I would imagine there's another subtle message that might be pickup by both North Korea and Iran.....

MDlaxfan76 wrote:Was the timing on when DJT pulled the trigger related to other issues breaking yesterday? It's a shame that we, and the world, have to even wonder.

hobart59 wrote:Trump can't get a break..... he's always conniving. But Trump doesn't play those games.... he does what's required.

Pleaz with this TAATS nonsense......raytheon stock went up $6 bucks last week. Anyone buy at last weeks low of $216 and sell when it got to $222? Doc Martin went up $10........

Guess knowledge of military strikes isn't considered against the law when "day" trading :violin:

Storm shadow missles, or shadow play.
(we play this loud from our B 1's.......it scares the locals....sayz Captain Trump)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrbKvxGgFfg
Globalization is just an elitists word for SLAVERY
fattylax

New postby a fan on Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:03 am

Fatty with a rare miss. That is a total flaming dumpster fire of a cover. Maybe the Killers should aim lower and cover a song from the Pet Shop Boys, or something. (hope you had a nice weekend)
a fan

New postby fattylax on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:56 am

A rare miss, eh A FAN ! you must be one of those purists, like Bryan Ferry bashing Mike Bolton for covering sittin on the dock of the bay. (Ian Curtis had a lousy voice and the Killers did a fine job)

Speaking of Ferry, fatty's TAATS comment about "missle strikes" are great financial boons for what my hero General Smedley Butler warned us about all those years ago.......and IKE

Fatty's point, SAME OLD SCENE............pretends on both sides are blinded by their temporary finacial woes and allow THE KILLERS to make profits. (did Hillary really just speak at another $30K a plate democratic fundy )

Same old scene indeed......if this one is a miss, time to perish

fattylax

New postby a fan on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:49 pm

fattylax wrote:A rare miss, eh A FAN ! you must be one of those purists, like Bryan Ferry bashing Mike Bolton for covering sittin on the dock of the bay. (Ian Curtis had a lousy voice
So did James Brown. And John Lennon. And Bob Mould. If I wanted to hear technically pure singers, I'd listen to Opera. This is rock and roll, man. Of course the singers are crap....that's like the best part. :wink:

I'm not a purist at all.....but I know a crap cover when I hear one. As I said...rare miss, my man.

Have a great week. (and yes: green light on Roxy)
a fan

New postby njbill on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:35 pm

I don’t think John Lennon ever covered Dock of the Bay. Are you thinking of Stand By Me, which he did cover?
njbill

New postby gafferhexam on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:51 pm

MDlaxfan76 wrote:Yup, you keep buying that hobart. Trump's totally honest, never impulsive, and couldn't possibly make decisions that are driven by political posturing.

As I said, it's a shame we have to even wonder about his specific timing. I'm not coming to any conclusion, though, as it seems to me that it was going to happen at some point, and it at least it was a coordinated attack.

I don't have an issue with the choice, indeed it was apparently what Mattis advocated against Trump's desire to do more, so good for Trump for listening. We can only hope that the 'message' was taken more seriously than last year's action.

But "Mission accomplished" is remarkably off script. But Trump simply can't help himself from self-congratulation.

One click and he can disappear.
COLLUSION IS NOT A CRIME!

Turn those 11 dirtbags over to Boss Putin. Failure to do so is completely unacceptable.
gafferhexam

New postby wgalum76 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:38 pm

njbill wrote:I don’t think John Lennon ever covered Dock of the Bay. Are you thinking of Stand By Me, which he did cover?

Don't ever remember Lennon doing Dock of the Bay. I probably would have liked it if he did, though.
wgalum76

New postby a fan on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:30 pm

njbill wrote:I don’t think John Lennon ever covered Dock of the Bay. Are you thinking of Stand By Me, which he did cover?
I was replying to Fattylax's assertion that "Ian Curtis had a lousy voice".....and saying that Lennon, Mould, and Brown also had according-to-Hoyle "lousy voices", but implying that that's what makes 'em great.

Love seeing folks music tastes at the WC.

Back to Trump-bashing.....
a fan

New postby njbill on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:23 pm

Sorry, I misread your post.

On the subject of Lennon's voice, he came in at no. 5 in Rolling Stone's list of top 100 singers (Otis was 8, Aretha 1).

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/list ... s-20101202
njbill

New postby holmes435 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:51 pm

Trump has reportedly halted new sanctions against Russia

It's just head scratching the kind of kissing up Trump does to Russia after everything that's gone down. Anyone have any insight?
holmes435

New postby randyrad on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:31 pm

We were going to sanction the Russian companies that make their air defense systems, but after the results of the raid, we prefer they keep manufacturing & selling them to their allies.

Maybe we're trying to get a seat at the table with Russia, Iran & Turkey on how to end the slaughter in Syria.
randyrad

New postby wahoomurf on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:40 am

I aver that I ain't very smart.That written I have a question? To whom does the U.S.Ambassador to the U.N. report? I would have imagined The Secretary of State.So who gave the green-light for Ms.Haley to tell the world about Russian sanctions? :roll:

She must have been acting unilaterally. :wink:
"Squealer, the second in command and propaganda minister of The Animal Farm, often physically skips from side to side during his convoluted explanations which are never direct and always skirt the obvious truth of the matter at hand"- (Orwell)
wahoomurf

New postby fattylax on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:57 am

a fan wrote:
I was replying to Fattylax's assertion that "Ian Curtis had a lousy voice".....and saying that Lennon, Mould, and Brown also had according-to-Hoyle "lousy voices", but implying that that's what makes 'em great.

Love seeing folks music tastes at the WC.

Back to Trump-bashing.....

Doubt anyone would understand, but YOU A fan, what fatty means by taking his coffee with SUGAR :D

Point is, is the EU not as investment leaky as the US? Shadow Play missile makers/owners affiliates stock didn't go up like our "private" white collar welfare companies stock did.

(go to 1:05 for the pretends stance )

Thought almost ALL of the 9/11 hijakers were from this wonderful women loving country......moral issues indeed. We are so F'd up.
fattylax

New postby fattylax on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:59 am

wahoomurf wrote:I aver that I ain't very smart.That written I have a question? To whom does the U.S.Ambassador to the U.N. report? I would have imagined The Secretary of State.So who gave the green-light for Ms.Haley to tell the world about Russian sanctions? :roll:

She must have been acting unilaterally. :wink:

Don't recall you asking the same question about the same positioned people when the USA blamed the 9/11 Libya/Bengayzi attacks on a video.

How is our film maker? Still in jail?

exactly
fattylax

New postby Brooklyn on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:04 am

gotta admit - that Trump sure knows how to keep your attention away from his dismal failings:

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

~ Charles Francis "Socker" Coe ~
Brooklyn

Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler