FBI & DOJ + Special Counsel

An experimental forum for discussing off-topic subjects

Re: FBI & DOJ + Special Counsel

New postby MDlaxfan76 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:07 pm

youthathletics wrote:
Trinity wrote:China (ZTE) gets what they want from Trump.

http://thehill.com/policy/technology/39 ... ng-zte-ban
Wonder if this is the new "Digital" Trade strategy. Remember this was in part due to sanctions. So we could essentially benefit from their 1Billion pay out, get them back rolling, collect in perpetuity, then pull the rug out.....at any time, call it leverage. Pure genius.... :wink:

Hoo boy, got a bridge to go with that swampland...
MDlaxfan76

New postby youthathletics on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:15 pm

Just grasping md, just grasping. :D
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself. Livy
youthathletics

New postby jhu72 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:26 am

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross. -- Unknown
jhu72

New postby MDlaxfan76 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:31 am

youthathletics wrote:Just grasping md, just grasping. :D

Got it. :D
MDlaxfan76

New postby HooDat on Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:15 am

Can someone explain, what exactly is a "blank subpoena"?

The headline of 100 "BLANK SUBPOENAS" hanging out over jhu's tagline about how fascism comes, makes me a wee bit nervous.... :?
- Straight Sidewalls
- No offset
:text-freedom:
HooDat

New postby jhu72 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:22 am

It's a subpoena issued based on "intended use" not a specific individual. That is filled out when the prosecutor decides which witnesses he will actually call, based on the flow of the trial.
When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross. -- Unknown
jhu72

New postby HooDat on Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:35 am

so, does the prosecutor have to provide the court with a list of people who he/she potentially intends to subpoena? Or are they really blank checks that allow the prosecutor to subpoena anyone they want up to the number allocated (in this case 100)? If the latter, then why do they even have to go through the court, is it just to create the illusion of process?
- Straight Sidewalls
- No offset
HooDat

New postby jhu72 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:40 am

I believe he has to supply a list of potentials. I am not a lawyer, so I am not sure.
jhu72

New postby HooDat on Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:58 am

I hope so, because I would modify your tagline:

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and accompanied by an army of lawyers.
- Straight Sidewalls
- No offset
HooDat

New postby seacoaster on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:03 pm

Anyone watching any of the Strzok voluntarily appearance before the GOP bozo-legion?

As another observer notes: GOP threatens him with contempt for following the FBI counsel's directive not to answer issues relating to the Russia investigation...and then refuses to release the transcript of Strzok's testimony because it relates to their investigation.

The chair -- Goodlatte (I'd like a good latte!) -- is a remarkable caricature of Congressional Tool.
seacoaster

New postby thatsmell on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:25 pm

Quite contentious at times.

Live stream:

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/peter ... e-updates/
"I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
thatsmell

New postby tech37 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:01 pm

seacoaster wrote:Anyone watching any of the Strzok voluntarily appearance before the GOP bozo-legion?

As another observer notes: GOP threatens him with contempt for following the FBI counsel's directive not to answer issues relating to the Russia investigation...and then refuses to release the transcript of Strzok's testimony because it relates to their investigation.

The chair -- Goodlatte (I'd like a good latte!) -- is a remarkable caricature of Congressional Tool.

perhaps, or...from another POV:

a complete ahole protected by a bunch of slimy lawyers
tech37

New postby foreverlax on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:02 pm

Strzok doing his best to defend himself...not an easy row to hoe.
Honor the Game!
foreverlax

New postby foreverlax on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:15 pm

seacoaster wrote:Anyone watching any of the Strzok voluntarily appearance before the GOP bozo-legion?

...and the clown from TX has proven, again, he is a tool as well.
Honor the Game!
foreverlax

New postby Typical Lax Dad on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:16 pm

tech37 wrote:

I am waiting for find out about the evidence Strzok and Page planted and also the evidence they destroyed......anyone have a link?
Typical Lax Dad

New postby Trinity on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:30 pm

This Strzok hearing is an intellectual mismatch.
Trinity

New postby Typical Lax Dad on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:32 pm

Trinity wrote:This Strzok hearing is an intellectual mismatch.

Did anyone pull out the documents and surveillance that shows how Strzok and Page planted evidence?
Typical Lax Dad

New postby seacoaster on Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:04 pm

tech37 wrote:

Sure, but the other POV is wrong, and frankly laughable. Do you know anything about Strzok other than he emailed his paramour too much? Right: Strzok and Lisa Page subverted democracy by texting one another. Sure.

To paraphrase Warren Rudman, "the GOP has the right to be wrong." The GOP could become a good name for a band: Desperate Bozo Circus.

And I'll add: this looks like Trey's pitch to get on the lifetime teat and become federal judge.
Last edited by seacoaster on Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seacoaster

New postby jhu72 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:07 pm

I watched for a couple hours before lunch. Goodlatte is a weasel -- just not a very good one. :lol:

The defense of not releasing the transcript was priceless.

Thought Strzok was more than holding his own. Calm, collected, good responses, compared to a few interrogators who came off as absolutely unhinged, compared to about 50% of all questioners being totally irrelevant. This will go down as a classic Congressional boondoggle. Another dog that won't hunt for 60% of the population.
jhu72

New postby Typical Lax Dad on Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:12 pm

Typical Lax Dad

Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler