FBI & DOJ + Special Counsel

An experimental forum for discussing off-topic subjects

Re: FBI & DOJ + Special Counsel

New postby randyrad on Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:42 pm

foreverlax wrote:
cradleandshoot wrote:
tech37 wrote:OMG this is older than dirt ...can you post, ever, without creating hypotheticals based on Rs & Ds or without using Fox News as a crutch?

Good point tech. There are so many issues I agree with a Fan on but he continues to keep on riding the Fox crazy train loop and just can't find a stop to step off the train and regather his thoughts. I remember as a young lad my dad coming home from work at 4:30, supper was at 5:30 and by 6:30 he was reading the sport section kicked back in his Lazy Boy watching Walter Cronkite tell us all "and that's the way it is" In the 70's we had three choices... ABC, NBC and CBS and they all gave us the same newscast every night. a Fan was still too young a pup and wet behind the ears to remember those days. For better or worse with the advent of the 24 hour news cycle and a gazzilion channels the consumer can choose the news information outlet that fits their needs. Maybe a Fan would feel much more comfortable if we went back to ABC, NBC and CBS and the same old one dimensional view of the news that America use to get. :confusion-shrug: I wonder if that topic was ever hashed out in those college debate classes back then?

The never ending whining about the biased, MSM, enemy of the people has to include the propaganda from all media sources. Fox News, with BB is highly regarded. Same an NPR and Bloomberg news. The rest is commentary and analysis, which is where 95% of the viewing public focus and form their opinions. There is difference between Tucker/Rachel/Erin - it's which set of "news" they are trying to sell.

Radio is dominated by the right...are there any real listeners to left wing radio??

NPR has a pretty good nationwide audience. CSPAN radio's good, if you can get it.

I saw a recent poll that rated BBC, FNC, PBS & Bloomberg as the #1 thru #4 most trusted news networks, way ahead of MSNBC, the broadcast networks, & CNN.

BBC's 30 min America evening newscast & the PBS Newshour are both available on my 2 local PBS stations.

BBCW is in my cable package. In Sept, their 1hr news show Beyond 100 days returns, Mon-Thurs 2pm edt.
It's also picked up by some PBS stations, some in the old Charlie Rose time slot.
It's a good blend of intl, UK & US news, with balanced expert guests.

Rx for afan : more Katty Kay / less El Rushbo & Hannity. ...things will look brighter.
Understanding is not necessarily approving.
randyrad

New postby All Seeing Eye on Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:56 pm

foreverlax wrote:
cradleandshoot wrote:
tech37 wrote:OMG this is older than dirt ...can you post, ever, without creating hypotheticals based on Rs & Ds or without using Fox News as a crutch?

Good point tech. There are so many issues I agree with a Fan on but he continues to keep on riding the Fox crazy train loop and just can't find a stop to step off the train and regather his thoughts. I remember as a young lad my dad coming home from work at 4:30, supper was at 5:30 and by 6:30 he was reading the sport section kicked back in his Lazy Boy watching Walter Cronkite tell us all "and that's the way it is" In the 70's we had three choices... ABC, NBC and CBS and they all gave us the same newscast every night. a Fan was still too young a pup and wet behind the ears to remember those days. For better or worse with the advent of the 24 hour news cycle and a gazzilion channels the consumer can choose the news information outlet that fits their needs. Maybe a Fan would feel much more comfortable if we went back to ABC, NBC and CBS and the same old one dimensional view of the news that America use to get. :confusion-shrug: I wonder if that topic was ever hashed out in those college debate classes back then?

The never ending whining about the biased, MSM, enemy of the people has to include the propaganda from all media sources. Fox News, with BB is highly regarded. Same an NPR and Bloomberg news. The rest is commentary and analysis, which is where 95% of the viewing public focus and form their opinions. There is difference between Tucker/Rachel/Erin - it's which set of "news" they are trying to sell.

Radio is dominated by the right...are there any real listeners to left wing radio??

Speaking on radio - DOPUS' two lawyers Sekulow and Giuliani hosted a self-promoting call-in show today where they basically continued their PR campaign against Mueller taking call-in questions from the public.

What a banana republic we all now live in!!!
Annuit cœptis
All Seeing Eye

New postby tech37 on Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:33 pm

foreverlax wrote:Radio is dominated by the right...are there any real listeners to left wing radio??

What radio are you listening to Marconi? Satellite radio beams everything... everything you see on TV and then some.
tech37

New postby a fan on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:09 pm

randyrad wrote:Rx for afan : more Katty Kay / less El Rushbo & Hannity. ...things will look brighter.

I'm as happy as I have ever been....straight up!

Hey, can anyone who knows elections tell me if Florida is an important State for Presidential elections?

Asking for a friend.....

On Wednesday, Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson of Florida offered up perhaps the most startling example yet of these efforts: that Russian operatives had gained access to the state’s election systems.

“They have already penetrated certain counties in the state and they now have free rein to move about,” Nelson told the Tampa Bay Times on Wednesday. He added, “We were requested by the chairman and vice chairman of the Intelligence Committee to let supervisors of election in Florida know that the Russians are in their records.” Nelson is campaigning for reelection against Florida’s current governor, Republican Rick Scott

The Water Cooler's "we're stupid to ask our Federal government to investigate Russian election nonsense" crowd will be a hoot the instant the Democrats win any election. Look forward to them explaining to "the stupid libs" how Russian election meddling is real, and "why aren't we doing anything to fix this?"

It also seems Florida lawmakers disagree with your assessment, Randyrad, that piddly backwater American counties have the resources to fight Russian election hacking all by themselves.

"County election boards should not be expected to stand alone against a hostile foreign government," the lawmakers wrote in recommending "a wide range of services" from the Department of Homeland Security.

I don't know about the rest of the Water Cooler, but I want our Dept. of Homeland Security to do nothing about this issue, and whatever they do, the smart thing is for them NOT to investigate the matter. It's all just hysteria.

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-politi ... n-systems/
Last edited by a fan on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

New postby Typical Lax Dad on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:16 pm

a fan wrote:
randyrad wrote:Rx for afan : more Katty Kay / less El Rushbo & Hannity. ...things will look brighter.

Hey, can anyone who knows elections tell me if Florida is an important State for Presidential elections?

Asking for a friend.....

On Wednesday, Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson of Florida offered up perhaps the most startling example yet of these efforts: that Russian operatives had gained access to the state’s election systems.

“They have already penetrated certain counties in the state and they now have free rein to move about,” Nelson told the Tampa Bay Times on Wednesday. He added, “We were requested by the chairman and vice chairman of the Intelligence Committee to let supervisors of election in Florida know that the Russians are in their records.” Nelson is campaigning for reelection against Florida’s current governor, Republican Rick Scott

The Water Cooler's "we're stupid to investigate Russian election nonsense" crowd will be a hoot the instant the Democrats win any election. Look forward to them explaining to "the stupid libs" how Russian election meddling is real, and "why aren't we doing anything to fix this?"

It also seems Florida lawmakers disagree with your assessment, Randyrad, that piddly backwater American counties have the resources to fight Russian election hacking all by themselves.

"County election boards should not be expected to stand alone against a hostile foreign government," the lawmakers wrote in recommending "a wide range of services" from the Department of Homeland Security.

I don't know about the rest of the Water Cooler, but I want our Dept. of Homeland Security to do nothing about this issue, and whatever they do, the smart thing is for them NOT to investigate the matter. It's all just hysteria.

They didn't get Randy's memo to change the password.
Typical Lax Dad

New postby foreverlax on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:36 pm

tech37 wrote:
foreverlax wrote:Radio is dominated by the right...are there any real listeners to left wing radio??

What radio are you listening to Marconi? Satellite radio beams everything... everything you see on TV and then some.

Who are they listening to?
Honor the Game!
foreverlax

New postby randyrad on Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:10 pm

For my WC friends who say I never criticize Trump & that Andrew C. McCarthy is a political hack.

FTR -- I fully agree with McCarthy on this one too.
randyrad

New postby randyrad on Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:09 am

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
a fan wrote:

Asking for a friend.....

The Water Cooler's "we're stupid to investigate Russian election nonsense" crowd will be a hoot the instant the Democrats win any election. Look forward to them explaining to "the stupid libs" how Russian election meddling is real, and "why aren't we doing anything to fix this?"

They didn't get Randy's memo to change the password.

New password = [hangingchad] .:shhh:.
randyrad

New postby seacoaster on Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:16 am

Nice colloquy from the Judge Ellis watchers here at the WC:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 2762a81f0a

"“We need to find a way to focus sharply,” the judge said.

“We’ve been focused sharply for a long time,” prosecutor Greg Andres replied.

Ellis ended the argument with a joke. “Judges should be patient,” he said. “They made a mistake when they confirmed me.”

The judge berated prosecutors again when he learned that their next witness — IRS agent Michael Welch — had been watching the trial from the gallery.

Prosecutors asked the judge to allow Welch as an expert witness — meaning that he, unlike other witnesses, would be allowed to offer the jury his professional opinion. Assistant U.S. Attorney Uzo Asonye then revealed that Welch had been seated in the courtroom for the duration of the proceedings.

Ellis erupted, saying that he typically bars all witnesses — save the case agent — from observing and that he thought he had done so in this case.

“I want you to remember, don’t do that again. When I exclude witnesses, I mean everybody,” Ellis said. When Asonye pointed out that the judge had previously said the expert could stay in the courtroom, the judge snapped: “I don’t care what the transcript said; maybe I made a mistake. Don’t do it again.”

Manafort, Welch testified, paid more than $15.5 million to vendors between 2010 and 2014, without reporting and paying taxes on that money. Manafort also falsely classified other income as loans, Welch said.

The IRS agent said that figure was a conservative estimate and did not include possible business expenses such as 132,000 euros to a yacht company, $49,000 for an Italian villa rental, $45,000 for cosmetic dentistry and $19,800 for a riding academy."
seacoaster

New postby All Seeing Eye on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:14 am

foreverlax wrote:
tech37 wrote:

Who are they listening to?

Well here you go, Einstein (aka tech37)

https://aclj.org/radio-shows

Sekulow hosts his own radio program every day- it's a religious non-profit, too....

I'm sure you will now be listening raptly to the propaganda from Radio Free Trump - the fact it apparently does not trouble you that his legal team is trying to manipulate the facts in an ongoing Federal investigation speaks volumes. You should move to Devin Nunes' district. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by All Seeing Eye on Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Annuit cœptis
All Seeing Eye

New postby foreverlax on Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:34 am

Either I am get hammered or I am missing the sarcasm....probably both. :wink:
Honor the Game!
foreverlax

New postby tech37 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:36 am

All Seeing really lashing out these days...must be Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) :D
tech37

New postby MDlaxfan76 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:44 am

randyrad wrote:For my WC friends who say I never criticize Trump & that Andrew C. McCarthy is a political hack.

FTR -- I fully agree with McCarthy on this one too.

Thanks for sharing. Indeed, McCarthy appears to be starting to be willing to actually criticize Trump and his effort to undermine the investigation.

As we move further along, the critique may become more sharp. We'll see.

But it's hard to also not notice that he goes to considerable pains and length to trot out much of the supposed basis to critique the Muller investigation, FBI and DOJ... as if it has real credence.

For instance, he writes: "Trump’s talking point about “17 angry Democrats” (up from 13!) is hyperbole. Yet the special counsel did bring aboard the now-infamous pair of FBI officials — agent Peter Strzok and counsel Lisa Page — whose loathing of Trump was hardly a state secret." Really? Everyone knew that Strozk and Page were "loathing of Trump"? When? He avoids mentioning that Mueller dumped them immediately upon learning of their affair and texts that demonstrated 'bias'. They were involved with Mueller only because they'd been involved previously in the investigation and he dumped them right away. Yikes.

Maybe he's just trying to be sure that the proTrump readers of the National Review will keep reading along and let him make his point that the "Clinton strategy was effective, but should not be commended'.

Indeed, while accurate, the whataboutism is really not the point. The point should be that Trump and his crew are lying repeatedly, not just that they're engaged in a 'political process' and its 'unseemly'. Rudy Guiliani is doing much worse than having problems 'keeping his story straight'. He's outright fabricating, in coordination with Trump himself apparently.

And McCarthy, again presumably talking to the Trump loyalists, is saying that the strategy to undermine Mueller is really only a mistake because it undermines the eventual exoneration of DJT by Mueller.

Really? That's why he shouldn't do it?
MDlaxfan76

New postby randyrad on Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:55 am

That is hardly McCarthy's first criticism of Trump.
McCarthy is a charter member of the never Trumpers.
He explains why here.
You confuse his subsequent objections to abuses by govt officials in our justice, law enforcement or intel communities, as a defense of Trump. A blind spot not reserved for McCarthy.
randyrad

New postby ggait on Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:59 pm

Ellis erupted, saying that he typically bars all witnesses — save the case agent — from observing and that he thought he had done so in this case.

“I want you to remember, don’t do that again. When I exclude witnesses, I mean everybody,” Ellis said. When Asonye pointed out that the judge had previously said the expert could stay in the courtroom, the judge snapped: “I don’t care what the transcript said; maybe I made a mistake. Don’t do it again.”

It might be time for grumpy Judge Ellis to retire.

In front of the jury yesterday, he ripped the prosecutors for doing something that he granted them permission to do. So the Feds filed a motion saying the judge had prejudiced the jury against the witness. The judge granted the motion, allowed the witness to testify, and told the jurors to disregard him.
"I welcome this kind of examination. Because people have got to know whether or not their president is a crook." 11/17/1973
ggait

New postby Typical Lax Dad on Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:11 pm

ggait wrote:

It might be time for grumpy Judge Ellis to retire.

In front of the jury yesterday, he ripped the prosecutors for doing something that he granted them permission to do. So the Feds filed a motion saying the judge had prejudiced the jury against the witness. The judge granted the motion, allowed the witness to testify, and told the jurors to disregard him.

Ol' Ace Adams finally had to retire from lacrosse. The end was near when Coach Adams was asking about a player that he had cut the week before.......
Typical Lax Dad

New postby 6ftstick on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:51 pm

a fan wrote:

Asking for a friend.....

The Water Cooler's "we're stupid to ask our Federal government to investigate Russian election nonsense" crowd will be a hoot the instant the Democrats win any election. Look forward to them explaining to "the stupid libs" how Russian election meddling is real, and "why aren't we doing anything to fix this?"

A democrat will never lose another election without their being RUSSIAN interference.

ridiculous.

“There is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even rig America’s elections, there’s no evidence that that has happened in the past or that it will happen this time, and so I’d invite Mr. Trump to stop whining and make his case to get votes.” .....Barack Obama
6ftstick

New postby youthathletics on Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:39 pm

Preach 6ft!

Go watch the crazy ideas being discussed on the latest Bill Maher show that aired last Friday. Especially the history professor from Duke.
Now the new MO, is the Koch brothers are like (the opposite of) Soros and working behind the scenes to fundamentally change America. :doh:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself. Livy
youthathletics

New postby a fan on Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:34 pm

You know, you guys make fun of me about talking about the little R's and little D's....but it really colors the way that you think so badly that don't have the slightest clue what I'm talking about here.

You will. Let's say next Presidential election, Russian hackers delete the files that hold all registered voters in Florida? Or add in thousands of fake names? Or wipe out votes in a few large precincts. Or any number of things that throws the entire election into question? None of it even has to be permanent damage. Even temporary glitches cause by outsiders will throw the whole election into question. Surely you gents understand this?

You guys are so busy trying to "prove to the stupid libs" that Russian didn't effect the last doggone election that you don't care even a little that Republican lawmakers in Florida are trying to tell you that the Russians are in their systems. Right now. Today.

You gents remember Bush v. Gore? Any little irregularity can swing an election one way or another, and we're simply not equipped or remotely ready if we have problems.

But do you guys even understand how dangerous this is? Nope. Why? Because you're so busy laughing at the libs----and I agree when that we have zero evidence of tampering of any kind in the last election, and that they're being ridiculous------that you're not noticing the actual, real problems we're facing.

Make fun of the libs. I'm cool with that. They have it coming. But when you're done laughing, turn your attention to our foe to the East and our election systems. We're not ready.
a fan

New postby youthathletics on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:05 am

Proof of citizenship via Government issued ID solves that worrY, or since we are so receptive to inclusion we could embrace the voting via Thumbprint, but then the worry would be missing fingers. :wink:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself. Livy
youthathletics

Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler