Landmark Conference 2013

Landmark Conference 2013

New postby Utzlax on Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:14 pm

Well the landmark will start the 2013 season with a new coach. Congrats to Coach Rogalski on his appointment as the head coach at Lafayette.

http://www.laxpower.com/laxnews/news.php?story=30777
Utzlax

Re: Landmark Conference 2013

New postby future on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:19 pm

What is the word on: W&J ans now Scranton coaching positions?
future

New postby sherlock holmes on Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:55 pm

Well no word on w&J and as far as Scranton basically no word other than Rogaliski is going to Lafayette and they intend to have a national search.i think this is a big negative for the Scranton lax program,yes having a coach move on could be positive if you get someone with a higher resume to take over.However with Scranton they have had no real continuity in their program for a long time,they get a good coach and they leave after a year or two.Yeah coaches will move on for better situations but i think Scranton needs to get a coach that is going to make a serious commitment,i know in sports there are no guarantees but it seems like there is some good coach out there that will stay on for at least 5 years to build a national contender.I think Scranton could do it ,they have a lot of potential.To use an example a guy like Kyle Hannon,he seems pretty settled at Goucher and is building a solid top d 3 program a guy that is not taking the job just as a stepping stone to a D1 job.Scranton has done it in other sports Mens and womens bb and Womens Soccer and has done it in mens soccer i think,so it can be done there.
sherlock holmes

New postby thatsmell on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:12 am

It will be an interesting opening.
I could see a young assistant raising their hand for this or possibly even someone who is a coach in a more difficult conference that wants to improve their chances for getting to the NCAAs...
"I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
thatsmell

New postby Stewey on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:32 am

Does Laxpower still list coaching vacancies? If so where can I find them?
Stewey

New postby sean12 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:04 am

Go to Resources tab.
sean12

New postby brutus of apple hill on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:22 am

sherlock holmes wrote:Well no word on w&J and as far as Scranton basically no word other than Rogaliski is going to Lafayette and they intend to have a national search.i think this is a big negative for the Scranton lax program,yes having a coach move on could be positive if you get someone with a higher resume to take over.However with Scranton they have had no real continuity in their program for a long time,they get a good coach and they leave after a year or two.Yeah coaches will move on for better situations but i think Scranton needs to get a coach that is going to make a serious commitment,i know in sports there are no guarantees but it seems like there is some good coach out there that will stay on for at least 5 years to build a national contender.I think Scranton could do it ,they have a lot of potential.To use an example a guy like Kyle Hannon,he seems pretty settled at Goucher and is building a solid top d 3 program a guy that is not taking the job just as a stepping stone to a D1 job.Scranton has done it in other sports Mens and womens bb and Womens Soccer and has done it in mens soccer i think,so it can be done there.

the difference is that Goucher wants to win and they have an administration that suports athletics and is willing to do what it takes to provide for their teams to win...schools like W&J just have Lacrosse for enrollment purposes and want their kids to just "have fun" as their programs are severly under funded and unsupported by the entire administration...
brutus of apple hill

New postby sherlock holmes on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:48 pm

I agree with your point about schools such as WandJ that just have teams for enrollment purposes but i wasent really talking about them i was talking about Scranton and if you examine their athletic programs it seems they make somewhat of a commitment.My point was more about finding the right coach who is going to make a long term commitment.
sherlock holmes

New postby Stewey on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:27 am

Thanks for the direction on the coaching vacancies!
Stewey

New postby Stewey on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Any news on a coach for Scranton? Do they go younger and less experienced to try and keep someone for the long term?
Stewey

New postby sherlock holmes on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Obviously this announcement about Hannan leaving Goucher will have a huge impact on the Gophers program no matter what.
It will be interesting to see how things play out.My guess with an AD such as Jeff Miller he will make sure they get a quality individual as Head Coach .
sherlock holmes

New postby thatsmell on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:57 pm

Some good options out there, and some in-house too for Goucher.
Goucher supports it's program, but it's never been an easy school to recruit to. Good education, but it's not cheap.
"I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
thatsmell

Goucher Recruiting

New postby GClax on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:40 am

GC is "the little engine that could" in terms of marketing the lax program. Very good academic school, featuring exchange programs with schools like JHU, yes expensive, but what private D-III school isn't. Great location in the heart of Towson, lots of female co-eds to share the academic experience.

IMO, it's only hard because Goucher, while more than competitive of late, really hasn't focused on selling the school to kids within 100 miles of the campus. If you asked somebody about Goucher I'd bet money they may know the name, but couldn't tell you anything about it (other than it's a female college), and have NEVER been to that beautiful campus.

Coach H is gone and we'll wish him well, but IMO the Number 1 priority/skill of the next coach must be that he'll hit the road and recruit day in and out. (not saying Coach H didn't). If he can recruit, lead, manage and motivagte a team, the x/o's will fall into place.
GClax

New postby sherlock holmes on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:16 pm

Goucher has even more untapped potential right in that Metro Balto DC area and the right person could bring up Gouchers program even further building on Hannan"s success.Even though i am a Drew alum i want to see Goucher do well it is good for lacrosse and the Landmark Conference and the Drew=Goucher game seems to have gotten to be a rivalry.Good luck to them in their coaching search.
sherlock holmes

New postby Longstick19 on Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:44 pm

Washington and Jefferson has an Assistant position posted. I hope this means that they have already hired their new head coach and aren't hiring an Assistant wihtout the input of the head coach. With that being said does anyone have any idea who Washington and Jefferson is/is looking to hire?
Longstick19

W & J names coach

New postby nevadajoe on Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:08 pm

WASHINGTON, Pa. -- Washington & Jefferson College Director of Athletics Bill Dukett announced Daniel Usaj as the Presidents' head men's lacrosse coach on Monday.

http://www.washjeff.edu/sportsnews/dani ... osse-coach
nevadajoe

New postby sherlock holmes on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:19 pm

Seems like a good hire by wand j young guy with connections in Pa and some good coaching expierence.Good Luck to him.
sherlock holmes

Kyle Hannan announcement

New postby nevadajoe on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:00 pm

nevadajoe

New postby SoFlaGopher on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:22 pm

sherlock holmes wrote:Goucher has even more untapped potential right in that Metro Balto DC area and the right person could bring up Gouchers program even further building on Hannan"s success.Even though i am a Drew alum i want to see Goucher do well it is good for lacrosse and the Landmark Conference and the Drew=Goucher game seems to have gotten to be a rivalry.Good luck to them in their coaching search.

Sherlock Holmes you're a pretty classy person. Very nice comments about Coach Hannan. My nephew was one of the 3 Amigo's at Goucher and I traveled up to Goucher the last 2 years to watch the conference tournament(s) and I have to say I was not only very impressed with the entire Drew Lacrosse program but the parents and fans that attended the Championship game. It does seem to have become a very good rivalry and I only hope that both schools keep it heated but friendly. I will always continue to watch the Landmark Conference games and wish Drew continued success but of course I'll be rooting for Goucher even though I have now become a great supporter of the Mercer Bears.
SoFlaGopher

New postby Stewey on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:54 pm

Still no news on Scranton coach?
Stewey

Sponsor

Next

Return to Men's - Division III