Coaching Carousel 2017

Re: Coaching Carousel 2017

New postby Raiders37 on Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:26 pm

As of 11/24

Illinois Tech--Assuming program is frozen for a year--nothing even mentioned on the website with regards to the original press release

Johnson State--Tough place to hire

Becker College--Nothing yet and with the amount of coaches in the area, may just be a saving the budget type thing

Mount St Joseph University--This one is odd since the coach was only there for a year and left in the middle of the Fall

Allegheny--Application deadline just closed last week...Really impressed with the lead time on this one for a the 19-20 school year

NECC--Sounds like perhaps a new school will be announcing a lax team for 18-19 (if not already)
Raiders37

New postby Raiders37 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:44 pm

I know New England College is already coming in to NECC, and upon some searching seems like SUNY Canton (which is not currently in a conference and play in a glorified end of season tournament for the USCAA) could be the associate member. They play in the

Either way...NECC loses Regis and Daniel Webster, and goes out and gains Dean, NEC and SUNY Canton (?) to get 7 and an AQ...impressive!
Raiders37

New postby footlax74 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:51 am

I think the more likely outcome for the NECC would be to form a relationship with the remaining NAC schools. Because remember they are also losing Wheelock next year.

I doubt SUNY Canton will be doing anything with the NECC, they are just too far from anyone in the conference.
footlax74

New postby Outsidelookingin on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:14 am

Canton is not even in discussion. Distance is to great. The AQ will come from joining two conferences together for the AQ. Not going to say which conference because it's still being set up. It will go into effect 2019 season. The team adding men's lax
for the 18/19 season is from within the NECC. Announcement should be this week.
Outsidelookingin

New postby GreenMtLaxer on Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:01 am

Canton is joining the North Atlantic Confernece (NAC). http://www.rooathletics.com/news/2017/1 ... 18-19.aspx

The NAC will lose New England College (to the NECC), Green Mountain College (to NAIA status) and Castleton (to the Little East)...in addition to the lose of Maine Farmington (dropped program a few years back) adding Canton helps but I believe for lacrosse they will need to partner with another conference (NECC? NEAC?) in order to retain their AQ status.

My guess is that the NECC will partner with the NAC for a few sports (Lacrosse, Field Hockey?)
GreenMtLaxer

New postby Casey221 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:06 pm

Outsidelookingin wrote:Canton is not even in discussion. Distance is to great. The AQ will come from joining two conferences together for the AQ. Not going to say which conference because it's still being set up. It will go into effect 2019 season. The team adding men's lax

Actually GreenMtLaxer is correct and Canton is in the discussion. When you want to come on and talk about breaking news, don't make assumptions.

Canton is joining the NAC. Then, definitely in lacrosse (M and W), maybe other sports but not sure on that one, the NECC and the NAC will be joining to make one conference for that sport to keep an AQ. there will be a north and a south, with the conference championship decided between the two winners playing each other for the AQ. They will most likely play under the NAC tag, because the NAC already has the AQ. the reason why this is not announced yet publicly is because they are still working with the NCAA to see if they can make it a neutral conference name and still get an AQ from the jump.
Casey221

New postby footlax74 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:02 pm

WOW

Canton to Lyndon- 4 1/2 Hours
Canton to Husson- 7 1/2 hours
Canton to Maine Maritime 8 hours

Interesting move for them....
footlax74

New postby T.K.Chin on Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:28 am

footlax74 wrote:WOW

Canton to Lyndon- 4 1/2 Hours
Canton to Husson- 7 1/2 hours
Canton to Maine Maritime 8 hours

Interesting move for them....

Small potatoes when you look at the SAA travel. Centre has two in conference opponents that are close to 10 hours away!
T.K.Chin

New postby Raiders37 on Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:56 am

And away we go...

Newbury Add Lax

http://www.newburynighthawks.com/genera ... ryaddsmlax

Not a long window since the team needs to be filled by next year but more lax the better!
Raiders37

New postby Outsidelookingin on Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:00 pm

Casey221 wrote:
Outsidelookingin wrote:Canton is not even in discussion. Distance is to great. The AQ will come from joining two conferences together for the AQ. Not going to say which conference because it's still being set up. It will go into effect 2019 season. The team adding men's lax

Actually GreenMtLaxer is correct and Canton is in the discussion. When you want to come on and talk about breaking news, don't make assumptions.

Canton is joining the NAC. Then, definitely in lacrosse (M and W), maybe other sports but not sure on that one, the NECC and the NAC will be joining to make one conference for that sport to keep an AQ. there will be a north and a south, with the conference championship decided between the two winners playing each other for the AQ. They will most likely play under the NAC tag, because the NAC already has the AQ. the reason why this is not announced yet publicly is because they are still working with the NCAA to see if they can make it a neutral conference name and still get an AQ from the jump.

Never made assumptions and never named names because of pending announcement. Canton never in discussion for NECC.

It's well known that the NECC has no AQ for now. NECC and another conference will be aligning to allow the NECC to have an AQ in 2019 and 20. Again, not naming other conference due to pending announcement. By 2021 the NECC will get to seven teams for their own AQ.
Outsidelookingin

New postby Raiders37 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:23 am

Westminster (MO)-NCAA DIII had a team for a year or two but has dropped the program after some coaching turnover. So 2 adds and 1 drop this fall for D3 Men's Lax.

http://www.wcbluejays.com/landing/index
Raiders37

New postby Doxology on Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:20 pm

Raiders37 wrote:Westminster (MO)-NCAA DIII had a team for a year or two but has dropped the program after some coaching turnover. So 2 adds and 1 drop this fall for D3 Men's Lax.

http://www.wcbluejays.com/landing/index

I found this interesting and a little disappointing (from a growth standpoint) and ended up doing some heavy searching to see who had been there - looks like three coaches in two years. Wow . . .

I think their location hurt them, especially for games.
Honor Above Self
Doxology

New postby Noob-Noob on Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:02 pm

Westminster (MO)-NCAA DIII had a team for a year or two but has dropped the program after some coaching turnover.

looks like three coaches in two years. Wow . . .I think their location hurt them, especially for games.

Hey guys, most recent Westminster coach here.

Just clarifying a couple things - the school administration cut the program, it wasn’t a result of coaching turnover. I had about a dozen kids on campus ready to go, 5 commits, and was talking with about 45 other students before before fall recruiting had started. Unfortunately though, I was notified of the decision made by the board to end the program the week that I was due to start traveling.

Location definitely wasn’t the best for traveling - majority of games that I had planned out were a minimum of 6 hours away, so that was always going to be an issue.
Noob-Noob

New postby Doxology on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:43 pm

Noob-Noob wrote:Hey guys, most recent Westminster coach here.

Just clarifying a couple things - the school administration cut the program, it wasn’t a result of coaching turnover. I had about a dozen kids on campus ready to go, 5 commits, and was talking with about 45 other students before before fall recruiting had started. Unfortunately though, I was notified of the decision made by the board to end the program the week that I was due to start traveling.

Location definitely wasn’t the best for traveling - majority of games that I had planned out were a minimum of 6 hours away, so that was always going to be an issue.

Thanks for setting it straight, Coach; my apologies. Good luck in the future, sorry it went down this way.

Any reason given as to why program got cut? I'm guessing money . . . .
Honor Above Self
Doxology

New postby Noob-Noob on Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:06 pm

I wasn’t told specifically, but I think that factored into it.

I think it was a situation where the previous school admins saw that lacrosse was growing but didn’t factor in the cost of all the elements that would come with building a program and given that there wasn’t an initial proof of success, their replacements decided to cut their losses.
Noob-Noob

New postby Raiders37 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:23 pm

Take out Becker (http://beckerhawks.com/sports/mlax/2017 ... 1130m7tv7m)

Left To Fill...

Illinois Tech

Johnson State (VT)

Mount St Joseph University (OH)

Newbury College (MA)

Allegheny (PA)
Raiders37

New postby Hamburg33 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:35 pm

Add in Hilbert College (NY)
Hamburg33

New postby Raiders37 on Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:50 pm

Take Out Johnson State (VT) (http://nvubadgers.com/sports/mlax/2017- ... 1219ful7o2)

Left To Fill...

Illinois Tech

Newbury College (MA)

Hilbert College (NY)

Mount St Joseph University (OH)

Allegheny College (PA)
Raiders37

New postby Hamburg33 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:40 pm

Hamburg33

New postby DD-Tech on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:11 pm

:think: :confusion-shrug: :think:

Oneonta?
DD-Tech
DD-Tech

Location: Out in the parking lot having a pre-game toast to Artful Dodger.

Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to Men's - Division III