D-3 Transfer Wire

D-3 Transfer Wire

New postby Big Eyed Fish on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:59 am

I thought this could be a nice addition for transfer news across D-3. These transfers have the ability to make or break teams.

Seth DeLisle, FO, Nazareth to SYRACUSE

Big loss for the flyers to lose their all-american FOGO.

I've heard rumors that Cortland has a good transfer from Stony Brook coming in, unsure of who however.
Big Eyed Fish

Re: D-3 Transfer Wire

New postby IDigClams on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:25 pm

Usually we see D1 kids transferring to D3 because they aren't getting the playing time they thought they would in D1. I like these rare D3 to D1 transfers. Sometimes really talented kids get overlooked during the recruiting process, skip the recruiting camps or are simply late bloomers and end up at a D3 school with their D1 talent.

I hope it works out for DeLisle. Syracuse's top FO guy this past season, Ben Williams, was a senior. So DeLisle should get every opportunity to prove himself worthy during the upcoming fall ball season.
IDigClams

New postby mailsy on Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:58 pm

IDigClams wrote:Usually we see D1 kids transferring to D3 because they aren't getting the playing time they thought they would in D1. I like these rare D3 to D1 transfers. Sometimes really talented kids get overlooked during the recruiting process, skip the recruiting camps or are simply late bloomers and end up at a D3 school with their D1 talent.

I hope it works out for DeLisle. Syracuse's top FO guy this past season, Ben Williams, was a senior. So DeLisle should get every opportunity to prove himself worthy during the upcoming fall ball season.

Well he won't be able to play in the spring. Don't they have to sit out 1 year when moving up? I could be wrong, though.
Never Give Up
mailsy

New postby Big Eyed Fish on Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:33 pm

mailsy wrote:
IDigClams wrote:Usually we see D1 kids transferring to D3 because they aren't getting the playing time they thought they would in D1. I like these rare D3 to D1 transfers. Sometimes really talented kids get overlooked during the recruiting process, skip the recruiting camps or are simply late bloomers and end up at a D3 school with their D1 talent.

Well he won't be able to play in the spring. Don't they have to sit out 1 year when moving up? I could be wrong, though.

That is true. However its 2 semesters, not a full year. So he could take summer classes, sit out fall ball and be eligible for the spring.

I have no idea of his academic standing. He went to OCC for 2 years, he may have enough credits to have graduated NAZ and make him a Grad Transfer. If that were the case he'd be eligible immediately.

All of the above is speculation, except the fact that he is transferring.
Big Eyed Fish

New postby jknows25 on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:59 am

mailsy wrote: Well he won't be able to play in the spring. Don't they have to sit out 1 year when moving up? I could be wrong, though.

I think he will be eligible to play right away. There was a kid that played at Stevenson in 2016, Wes Reid, and was on the roster for Maryland in 2017. Didn't garner any stats but still listed on the official roster.

Looked at the NCAA.org site and seems he would be eligible to play as long as he is in good academic standing and Nazareth allows the transfer-release

One-time transfer exception: If you transfer from a four-year school, you may be immediately eligible to compete at your new school if you meet ALL the following conditions:
•You are transferring to a Division II or III school, or you are transferring to a Division I school in any sport other than baseball, men's or women's basketball, football (Football Bowl Subdivision) or men’s ice hockey. If you are transferring to a Division I school for any of the previously-listed sports, you may be eligible to compete immediately if you were not recruited by your original school and you have never received an athletics scholarship.
•You are academically and athletically eligible at your previous four-year school.
•You receive a transfer-release agreement from your previous four-year school.
jknows25

New postby idealtin on Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:11 pm

Big Eyed Fish wrote:I thought this could be a nice addition for transfer news across D-3. These transfers have the ability to make or break teams.

Seth DeLisle, FO, Nazareth to SYRACUSE

Big loss for the flyers to lose their all-american FOGO.

I've heard rumors that Cortland has a good transfer from Stony Brook coming in, unsure of who however.

No surprise here- Cuse wanted Simenou (sp?) from NAZ a couple of years ago, he decided to stay at NAZ and went on to a 1st team AA at Faceoff. Big loss for my Golden Flyers. Happy for the Cuse!
idealtin

New postby Platty on Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:40 pm

Yea, that didn't help them last year when they lost the SUNYAC championship. :dance:
Platty

New postby livelax24 on Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:57 pm

Didn't help them when they won the previous 9 SUNYAC Titles, 25 Total SUNYAC Titles and 4 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS either. But good chirp 8-)
livelax24

New postby shimmyshimmy on Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:23 pm

Matt Lanigan, goalie from Holy Cross to W&L
shimmyshimmy

New postby shimmyshimmy on Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:49 pm

Also Holden MacDonald from Onondaga CC heading to RIT
shimmyshimmy

New postby scottharris on Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:24 pm

George Marshall transferring from Elizabethtown to Hampden-Sydney
scottharris

New postby AO on Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:15 pm

shimmyshimmy wrote:Matt Lanigan, goalie from Holy Cross to W&L

Checking HC rosters for the past 3 seasons, I couldn't find anyone under that name; did see a 'Matt Farrell' and a 'Matt Fischetti'. Wondering if Lanigan (or 'Lannigan') is the same kid I saw tend HS goal in 2015 -thus my interest in your post.
AO

New postby general21111 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:38 pm

He has been deleted from the roster, but I found this:

http://www.goholycross.com/ViewArticle. ... =211169598
<a href="http://www.stilwellsports.com/fightsong.html">The Swing</a>
general21111

New postby Dehuntshigwa'es on Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:14 pm

Interesting, and hopefully accurate. Saw a link when he committed, lefty goalie and he's quoted as saying W&L was one of his choices back as a jr in high school. According to laxpower recruits list not that it's accurate he doesn't show there. Hopefully he got a lot of practice time as a reserve at HC and can compete right away for the starting job.
Dehuntshigwa'es

New postby suthunlax on Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:55 pm

If Laxpower is accurate, he was a late (i.e., spring) commit to HC; prob not the top goalie recruit in his class. Not listed on seasonal stats; since also not listed on roster, have to assume he left the team or school prior to the season. Could be a good fit (at least academically) for a team that had recent success with a lefty goalie (Devine). Are all the goalies from last year returning? If so, Lanigan would have to be significantly better than the top two (who both had significant time btwn the pipes last season) to take the #1 spot. Never hurts to build depth with a kid who can also make the grade in the classroom.
suthunlax

New postby spintherock9 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:20 pm

Good choice....W&L is a place he may well challenge for a title as ODAC champ, NCAA tourney w/realistic chance to play on Memorial Day. Patriot league has a couple sizable road blocks to have that experience in purple & grey.
spintherock9

New postby AO on Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:21 pm

general21111 wrote:He has been deleted from the roster, but I found this:

http://www.goholycross.com/ViewArticle. ... =211169598

Thanks, General; much appreciated. Definitely not the kid I was thinking of.
AO

New postby Phella on Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:39 pm

I am pretty sure Conor Caffrey (2 years of eligibility left) from OWU has transferred to SLU. That's an Honorable mention All American Attackman who will be missed in Bishop Country. He left on good terms and we wish him luck.
Phella

New postby Brickman on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:01 pm

Phella wrote:I am pretty sure Conor Caffrey (2 years of eligibility left) from OWU has transferred to SLU. That's an Honorable mention All American Attackman who will be missed in Bishop Country. He left on good terms and we wish him luck.

Is leaving and never telling any of your coaches leaving on good terms? Real men don't do that.
Brickman

New postby ToastDunk on Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:05 am

Brickman wrote:
Phella wrote:I am pretty sure Conor Caffrey (2 years of eligibility left) from OWU has transferred to SLU. That's an Honorable mention All American Attackman who will be missed in Bishop Country. He left on good terms and we wish him luck.

Is leaving and never telling any of your coaches leaving on good terms? Real men don't do that.

Ouch!
ToastDunk

Sponsor

Next

Return to Men's - Division III