SAA 2018

Re: SAA 2018

New postby laxmarmot on Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:17 pm

Rhodes backing out kinda started this whole thing. I don't know if Rhodes was down some key players or not. Doesn"t matter to me, but the Coach decided to cancel the game. So cancelled it was. Teams are up and down thru out the season, Huntingdon must be healthy, and Rhodes not. SAA might get the ODAC and that will be that, unless Sewanee steps up AGAIN. :D
Your Preparation of today Determines your Achievements of Tomorrow
laxmarmot

New postby D3fanguy1975 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:08 pm

All you SAA riders are just box score creeping - SID write up reading - HOMERS. You have never turned on a game of anyone outside of the team your kids play or played for. Rhodes backed out and they are struggling - I think we just want you to admit that. As I said - USA South would welcome a game VS any of the remaining SAA teams which struggled with southwestern :shock: . If Sewanee wins Saturday does Alabama get a home playoff game??? :confusion-shrug: :confusion-shrug: :lol: :lol:
D3fanguy1975

New postby Cavitee on Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:25 pm

I’m curious as to why everyone assumes Rhodes backed out of the game against Huntingdon. I’m not sure that decision can be made unilaterally. More than likely it was agreed upon by both parties unless someone has knowledge of something to the contrary.
Cavitee

New postby D3fanguy1975 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:53 pm

Cavitee wrote:Sewanee went zone against Rhodes in the 2nd half in their loss. Not sure Rhodes wouldn’t welcome it

Pretty sure Rhodes threw some zone on the table as well. Sewanee was up 8-3 at halftime. Rhodes got it to 8-6 QUICK with their transition and in fact scoring their fourth goal when sewanee played man to start the quarter. If you read all that I had to say - they will win with ZONE, Face-off wins, and limiting rhodes transition. Rhodes certainly wouldn't welcome zone if the other two keys that I explained were executed well by sewanee.

Furthermore - sewanee playing a different bigger bodied kid in goal - and Rhodes does not have the inside presence like Berry does with Berchok. All of Rhodes attack-man prefer to stand on the perimeter and finish in transition.......

Read all of what I say before commenting on just a tidbit please.....
D3fanguy1975

New postby T.K.Chin on Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:52 pm

Some good points about the upcoming Rhodes v Sewanee was game. While I think a slow paced game favors Rhodes because that is their preferred style of play the face-off situation presents a real problem.

I agree with whoever said they think winning a majority of the face-offs and a zone will help Sewanee win.

If it is bad weather Rhodes will need to change it up on defense as well from their no slide trust your d man style they play. Sewanee is a poor weather team this year somehow.
T.K.Chin

New postby deacs24 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:01 pm

D3fanguy1975 wrote:All you SAA riders are just box score creeping - SID write up reading - HOMERS. You have never turned on a game of anyone outside of the team your kids play or played for. Rhodes backed out and they are struggling - I think we just want you to admit that. As I said - USA South would welcome a game VS any of the remaining SAA teams which struggled with southwestern :shock: . If Sewanee wins Saturday does Alabama get a home playoff game??? :confusion-shrug: :confusion-shrug: :lol: :lol:

How do we know that Huntingdon didn't cancel the game? And even if Rhodes did cancel, who cares? Looks like a smart decision to me. Why schedule a non-conference game the week of the conference playoffs against a team that has nothing to lose after its conference season has concluded? Its actually a shock to me that the staff at Rhodes scheduled this game in the first place. All that said, its not like Rhodes is ducking ANYONE - having played a solid game against nationally ranked Denison, and generally, a MUCH tougher schedule than ANY team in the USA South Conference will ever play.

In looking at the history between these two teams, Rhodes has won every game, except for the first two years of the program's existence. Pretty sure Rhodes isn't afraid of anyone, much less Huntingdon. And -- btw - I don't have a kid at Rhodes. My kid will attend a rival SAA school next year.
deacs24

New postby atax on Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:42 pm

D3fanguy1975 wrote:All you SAA riders are just box score creeping - SID write up reading - HOMERS. You have never turned on a game of anyone outside of the team your kids play or played for. Rhodes backed out and they are struggling - I think we just want you to admit that. As I said - USA South would welcome a game VS any of the remaining SAA teams which struggled with southwestern :shock: . If Sewanee wins Saturday does Alabama get a home playoff game??? :confusion-shrug: :confusion-shrug: :lol: :lol:

Huntingdon canceled the game. Period. Confirmed. So take your venom elsewhere.
atax

New postby D3fanguy1975 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:51 pm

deacs24 wrote:

How do we know that Huntingdon didn't cancel the game? And even if Rhodes did cancel, who cares? Looks like a smart decision to me. Why schedule a non-conference game the week of the conference playoffs against a team that has nothing to lose after its conference season has concluded? Its actually a shock to me that the staff at Rhodes scheduled this game in the first place. All that said, its not like Rhodes is ducking ANYONE - having played a solid game against nationally ranked Denison, and generally, a MUCH tougher schedule than ANY team in the USA South Conference will ever play.

In looking at the history between these two teams, Rhodes has won every game, except for the first two years of the program's existence. Pretty sure Rhodes isn't afraid of anyone, much less Huntingdon. And -- btw - I don't have a kid at Rhodes. My kid will attend a rival SAA school next year.

Ohh here we go. Let’s bring em out of the woodwork.... it’s confirmed Rhodes canceled that game. You are correct - who cares. The game was scheduled earlier in the year but weather moved the game to April..that answers that other jabroni’s question. Only reason it matters is because all the SAA blow hards who jump around to put a saddle on the top team every year and claim them as their champion and savior of the south gets super old. Every Rhodes HC game has been a one or two goal game. Good thing those two victorious years were the first two years in HC’s existence as well..... Just a darn shame we may not get to see “the all mighty Rhodes of the SAA”

It was wise they canceled the game - preparing for a team with a fogo at 70 percent and a goalie with a GAA under 7 added a team that has played zone all season is a taxing situation that is best left for chance. Smart on Rhodes to focus on their SAA tourney run. Can’t say they didn’t duck the game though... no matter how good you think they are or how much they’d win by.
D3fanguy1975

New postby D3fanguy1975 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:03 am

atax wrote:

Huntingdon canceled the game. Period. Confirmed. So take your venom elsewhere.

YSR!!!! There’s all the venom I need - go get em
Boys!!!!! :clap:
D3fanguy1975

New postby deacs24 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:59 am

D3fanguy1975 wrote:
deacs24 wrote:

Ohh here we go. Let’s bring em out of the woodwork.... it’s confirmed Rhodes canceled that game. You are correct - who cares. The game was scheduled earlier in the year but weather moved the game to April..that answers that other jabroni’s question. Only reason it matters is because all the SAA blow hards who jump around to put a saddle on the top team every year and claim them as their champion and savior of the south gets super old. Every Rhodes HC game has been a one or two goal game. Good thing those two victorious years were the first two years in HC’s existence as well..... Just a darn shame we may not get to see “the all mighty Rhodes of the SAA”

It was wise they canceled the game - preparing for a team with a fogo at 70 percent and a goalie with a GAA under 7 added a team that has played zone all season is a taxing situation that is best left for chance. Smart on Rhodes to focus on their SAA tourney run. Can’t say they didn’t duck the game though... no matter how good you think they are or how much they’d win by.

Isn't there a USA South forum? No one is annointing Rhodes as "almighty" or the "savior of the South." I think Duke or UNC or UVA can lay claim to those titles. Well - not UNC this year....
deacs24

New postby DingDong on Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:15 am

Don't feed the troll, folks. D3Fan will go away again, when Huntingdon has a another bad year. Until then, ignore him.
DingDong

New postby D3fanguy1975 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:41 am

YESSS DING DONG!!! Just shake it up enough and the monster will come out :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
D3fanguy1975

New postby laxmarmot on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:44 am

So wait, some say Rhodes cancelled some say Huntingdon, which one is it. :confusion-shrug:
Your Preparation of today Determines your Achievements of Tomorrow
laxmarmot

New postby D3fanguy1975 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:31 am

what don't you get about this being an SAA forum. To spit it clear to you one last time - Rhodes canceled citing no real point in playing the game so they could focus on SAA play. Sides agreed and that is it....... To be clear though - the game would have been played if Rhodes hadn't stated otherwise. Your smart - your kid went to an SAA school - figure it out from there. YSR !!!! Long day for the Lynx Saturday!!!
D3fanguy1975

New postby southLaxFacts on Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:32 am

100% Rhodes cancelled....

Rhodes only beat HC by 2 last year. HC clearly has improved since last year, and Rhodes although they brought in a lot of freshman is pretty much the same team as last year, just with another year of experience. That game would have been close this year 1 or 2 goals either way.

Dingdong: the last time Huntingdon had a "bad" year was 3 years ago, and their team is loaded with juniors right now so I can't see them having a bad year next year either

To D3's point you guys do ride whichever team is hot in the SAA and think they are the greatest thing in lacrosse...You guys actually thought you had a chance against WAC, Denison, Roanoke, and everyone else in the lacrosse community knew you would lose those games. Your best ooc win was Berry over Aurora

Rhodes is clearly struggling right now with a lot of close games against what should be inferior talent. Thing is they are winning those close games. I don't think Sewanee will let a big lead slip away to Rhodes twice. I'm taking Sewanee by 5.
southLaxFacts

New postby DingDong on Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:04 pm

What constitutes a bad year differs, depending on who you talk to, since "bad" is a relative term. You can call what they did the last two years as "good" years, if you want. I look at who they lost to and qualify it as a bad year. But how you and I define the quality of their seasons is irrelevant to what I said. It only matters how D3fan defines it. That's what determines how hard and how much he's going to troll the SAA boards and this is the first year he has trolled since Huntingdon beat BSC in 2014. They've done pretty badly (in my opinion, and apparently D3fan's also) vs. the SAA since then, since D3fan has been relatively quiet until this year.
DingDong

New postby deacs24 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:11 pm

Exactly - let's delve into the actual numbers:

-- 2017-18: 16-2 -- kudos for a solid season.

-- 2016-17: 10-8 -- hardly a good year. I'd go into the details of each loss, but you can look for yourself.
http://www.huntingdonhawks.com/sports/m ... 7/schedule

-- 2015-16: 8-10 -- http://www.huntingdonhawks.com/sports/m ... 6/schedule

-- 2014-15: 6-13 -- No comment needed. http://www.huntingdonhawks.com/sports/m ... 5/schedule

--2013-14: 10-6 -- Including a "tough" one goal loss to Millsaps, a now defunct program, which had a difficult time fielding a team. That same year, Sewanee beat Millsaps 22-4. http://www.huntingdonhawks.com/sports/m ... 4/schedule

-- 2012-13: 7-8 -- http://www.huntingdonhawks.com/sports/m ... 3/schedule

-- 2011-12: 5-10 -- http://www.huntingdonhawks.com/sports/m ... 2/schedule

Wish nothing but the best for the Hawks. Need more good teams in the South.
deacs24

New postby southLaxFacts on Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:34 pm

34-20 in the last 3 years with two winning seasons... The year they went 6-13 their best attackmen who was conference player of the year the following season missed most of the season but they still made it to the conference championship. Year before that they had their first winning record and beat your so loved BSC.

I don’t think they’re too worried about the SAA right now. They did their job and got their AQ.
southLaxFacts

New postby D3fanguy1975 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:38 pm

2017 - #2 upset in division three with a win over Capital. I don’t make the rules - laxpower does...... you guys would still be trolling and hollering if any SAA team did that.

Deacs....how about you break down Rhodes last 7 seasons as well.....let’s shine some light on that. We are talking about a small school in montgomery AL competing with an academic institution that’s is prestigious regional and warrants national recognition.

So by ding dongs stupid view we can assume Rhodes has had plenty of bad seasons since they have played Huntingdon College close.... look at the entire picture!!
D3fanguy1975

New postby southLaxFacts on Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:39 pm

Berry has the best resume out of anyone in the SAA with a win over a tournament team, Aurora, and a one goal loss to CNU a top 20 team.

You guys should be more upset that they’re not the team that gets to represent your conference in the NCAA tournament.

Shame they didn’t put up a better effort in conference
southLaxFacts

Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to Men's - Division III