Rankings

Rankings

New postby corkscrew on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:38 am

Cortland and st Lawrence FINALLY need to drop out of the rankings. Multiple losses to unranked teams and 0 ranked wins! Check out Stevens tech schedule and please tell me why they are in the top 15? Not one decent win and loss to unranked Stevenson.
corkscrew

Re: Rankings

New postby green on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:07 am

Stevens clearly belongs in top 20. There are other teams that “haven’t beat anyone and are ranked”....Cabrini lost to Stevenson too and what win do they have? I am not saying stevens should be top 10 but who else should be top 15 over them? Also rankings do not mean squat but stevens deserves to be ranked. So does Stevenson, maybe williams...we will see how thinks play out over the next few weeks
green

New postby corkscrew on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:58 am

Cabrini beat Dickinson.
Colorado should be ranked
corkscrew

New postby green on Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:17 am

Your bias is hysterically funny. Colorado sos is weaker than stevens. Their best win is vs williams and they beat them by 4 goals. The same team stevens beat by 5 goals. So Colorado is ranked so stevens shouldn’t be ranked. I wasn’t sure if you were a Colorado or Roanoke guy? So I agree Colorado should be in the top 20, but you saying st Lawrence and stevens shouldn’t be is a little homer-ish!

When you interview for a job do you talk about why you should get the job or why others you are competing for shouldn’t get the job? Haha. You are probably that guy!!

Stop worrying about the top 20 rankings.

BTW- Not a Stevens fan, just speaking my mind.
Last edited by green on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
green

New postby richard on Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:37 am

Top twenty rankings are generally reflected in the regional rankings which are important. So......
"I'm not lost, Kansas City's lost."- W.C. Fields
richard

New postby corkscrew on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:03 am

This is why these boards are dying. I say one opinion and get called out as a bad person who degrades others. Simply talking about the rankings and pointing out the FACT that you were wrong when you said Cabrini did not beat anyone.
I will not post again on this topic
Last edited by corkscrew on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
corkscrew

New postby laxrules on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:06 am

richard wrote:Top twenty rankings are generally reflected in the regional rankings which are important. So......

There really shouldnt be any truth to that statement. They are separate and there is hard criteria for regionally ranking teams. No one looks at coaches polls to regionally rank.
laxrules

New postby richard on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:19 am

Regional rankings are subjective. The only hard criteria is for the actual selection of teams for the tournament and that still relys on the regional rankings. Of course we still keep hearing about the " Deep Dive" for the final regional ranking but still never see. Pool C is at the discretion of the selection committee and the know nothing fans are left to [deleted] and moan about it.
"I'm not lost, Kansas City's lost."- W.C. Fields
richard

New postby Stonegate on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:56 pm

Seems like the rankings are like weather forecasting .. At best a SWAG. Today Tufts and Denison fell to lower ranked opponents. Rankings seem most important to recruits and alums. Remember when the Today show would justify Sippery Rock as National champs in football based on who beat whom. There are something like 230 DIII teams. At best rankings are an approximation. What rally sems to matter is who is left standing at the end of it all. Probably the Gulls. Winner of 10+ in the Berkman era 94 to present.
Stonegate

New postby pcowlax on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:31 pm

Many years I would agree on betting Gulls vs the field. I haven’t seen anything this year though to support that. They we pummeled by York and vs the 4 other very good teams they have played they won 2 and lost 2, all 4 1 goal games. They may win but I would certainly take the field this year.
pcowlax

New postby ShoreThingMD on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:22 am

pcowlax wrote:Many years I would agree on betting Gulls vs the field. I haven’t seen anything this year though to support that. They we pummeled by York and vs the 4 other very good teams they have played they won 2 and lost 2, all 4 1 goal games. They may win but I would certainly take the field this year.

Agreed. This is a year I would take the field as well.

Granted 2 of the 3 loses will be by the hands of teams in the top 4 and the other by a team fighting for a top 10 spot this week. However there are no moral victories on the shore, but I would imagine it would at least help with seeding come NCAAs.
ShoreThingMD

New postby Stonegate on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:19 am

Seriously, I have to agree. On the surface looks unlikely, but as pointed out four one goal games. Gulls could have a one loss season going and we'd be talking differently. My homeys escaped in OT ... Whew ! York game if not an aberration looks to be pretty much the only real blemish. So get to the conference tournament and then we'll see.
Stonegate

New postby COGull on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:28 pm

The wise bets are certainly on the field. It hasn't been an easy ride for the Gulls this year but we'll see how it pans out. No arguing the York game's score was ugly but I doubt any honest York fan will tell you they're not a tad bit nervous about potentially facing the Gulls one or two more times. Gulls were up early in the 3rd of that game until SU took up permanent residence in the penalty box, which proved not to be the recipe for success.

All that being said, I'm nervous about the Gulls facing a lot of teams come the end of the regular season. :lol:
COGull

New postby Stonegate on Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:08 am

Go gull, opportunity for the Gulls to get a bit of redemption. Frostburg who played York close this week coming up. A barometer game. Coach has been steadily turning things around. One more step.
Stonegate

Sponsor

Return to Men's - Division III