JUCO 2018 talk

NCLL, JUCO, and other collegiate and post-collegiate lacrosse

Re: JUCO 2018 talk

New postby WolvesLax on Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:03 pm

Onondaga over TC3 today 34-2. Same as the mid-week game. Pulled starters early and just kept rolling. Unreal the depth for Daga as referenced earlier. 3rd & 4th line guys at OCC would be a top 5 JuCo team.

Staats with SC Top 10, one handed, between his legs, underhanded, jumping in the air goal on crease today. Utterly ridiculous goal. If he and Russ Oakes end up at Albany as rumored and join Tehoka..could possibly be the most dominant attack ever seen in college lacrosse in my opinion.
WolvesLax

New postby laxo3 on Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:35 pm

I watched Essex take on Nassau today. Essex unfortunately is struggling with depth. They played hard but loss there legs in the 3rd. Wasn't really impressed with nassau . They had there starters out there until the very end and only pulled away late in 3rd . Essex had a lot of penalties they gave Nassau some easy goals. I think Howard beats Nassau if and when they rematch in the semi finals. Nassau face off guys struggled and as a group they are not very athletic especially on defense .
laxo3

New postby Kramerica.Inc on Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:49 pm

WolvesLax wrote:Onondaga over TC3 today 34-2. Same as the mid-week game. Pulled starters early and just kept rolling. Unreal the depth for Daga as referenced earlier. 3rd & 4th line guys at OCC would be a top 5 JuCo team.
Staats with SC Top 10, one handed, between his legs, underhanded, jumping in the air goal on crease today. Utterly ridiculous goal. If he and Russ Oakes end up at Albany as rumored and join Tehoka..could possibly be the most dominant attack ever seen in college lacrosse in my opinion.

Ok, excitement over your team or alma mater is fine, but seriously, enough with the hyperbole and Onondaga marketing.

Everyone that follows JUCO lax knows the top 4-5 is very competitive. Outside of that, there are a lot of bad lacrosse teams. Many of which are on Onondaga 's schedule and in their region. Beating these teams 30-0 and posting pictures of the scoreboard on the interweb only impresses 3rd and 4th line Onondaga parents and people who don't follow JUCO lacrosse.

Let's be honest, Onondaga's starters are very good, but they didn't pull those starters against Genesee or AACC. And they proabably won't the next time they play a top 5 team either.

:think:
Kramerica Inc.
Kramerica.Inc

New postby Salo77 on Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:07 pm

Kramerica - I am full Nassau alum. Just respect the talent OCC has and how deep they are. I watch them play twice on livestream and seen them play a ton over the years, when they pull starters there is not much of drop off, A lot of there back ups go d1, and there back ups with out a doubt would make up a top team in juco . Now it doesn't mean there starters can't be beat, just pretty impressed by how deep they are especially this year. As a Nassau fan , I don't even worry about OCC at this point. We will have to beat a very good Howard team in the semi finals they had a tough time already in February.
Last edited by Salo77 on Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salo77

New postby Matt Stovall on Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:05 am

Genesee scored a convincing 16-6 win over Howard. Both teams came in winless against the top-4. Of this year's top-4 matchups, the Cougars' 10-point win vs. Howard is the biggest in terms of margin of victory.

Highlights from Howard at Genesee: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hwkM4hWNjY
Matt Stovall

New postby dallasdog on Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:52 pm

Not a PR rep for Onondaga, but I have seen them play a few times online and have followed JUCO all season.

They are good and have a ton of talent, they blow teams out: scored 330 plus goals and have only let in 43 goals in 12 games.

The 2nd teamers are D1 or top D2 players and play everyday in practice with the starters.

The team has at least 15 D1 players, If you don't believe me look at the Laxpower JUCO commit page with 9 on the list already and 7 or more that haven't made commitment.
Word has it they have players currently being recruited by D1 schools that are not on that list and from watching the games I agree

A freshman defender that is D1, playing alongside a freshman kid going to Syracuse and an soph. All American going to Hobart.
A freshman attackman kid names Sky, that is being recruited by D1 ACC teams
#22 Freshman Midi that was going to Ohio State and can play D1.
Austin Staats, A first team all american last year at Attack that isn't on the list, but might be going to Syracuse like his brother.
Russ Oakes, A first team all american last year at Attack that isn't on the list, but might be going to Albany like his brother did. A first team all american goalie from last year that isn't committed yet.
A faceoff guy from Japan that will be D2 or D1
A very loaded and talented team. That's why they are winning games by large margin.
dallasdog

New postby thatsmell on Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:56 pm

Bracket not released yet, but imagine any moment now.
Believe it will be like this?

3v6 winner
vs
2 (Nassau)

4v5 winner
vs
1 (Onondaga)
"I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
thatsmell

New postby WolvesLax on Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:04 pm

#3 - Genesee (NY)
vs
#6 - Ocean County (NJ)

#4 - Howard (MD)
vs
#5 - Harford (MD)

#1 - Onondaga (NY) gets winner #4/#5
#2 - Nassau (NY) gets winner #3/#6

Any upset picks here along the way JuCo fans and aficionados?

Howard could be looking past a team out of their section they've handled twice already and know well in Harford and eyeballing another shot at Onondaga in Final Four in my opinion and Genesee/Nassau could be/should be competitive 2nd time around don't you think?
WolvesLax

New postby sulaxaholic on Mon May 14, 2018 5:27 pm

Great final between OCC and Nassau Austin Staats was offensive player of the tournament and Jerry Staats was defensive player of the tournament
sulaxaholic

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Men's - Other Collegiate