Poland Lacrosse

MLL, NLL, international lacrosse, and world championships

Re: Poland Lacrosse

New postby Coach Z on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:52 pm

John,

I remember the German/Czech battles we had...good to hear from you!

Tryouts went very well with 29 US and Canadian Players of Polish Heritage. All the boys played hard and competed with tremendous sportsmanship and character. They represented themselves, their families and Poland very well! It was a great weekend meeting new people interested in helping grow the sport in Poland, getting back into international lacrosse and having an opportunity to represent my mother's family heritage this time around.

Hope to see you next year in Manchester! It will be a 10 year homecoming for me. I'll buy the first round at the Queen of Tarts! Ooops, I mean Queen of Hearts. Thank you for all the well wishes for Polska Lacrosse.

All the best!

~Zwick
www.PolandLacrosse.com
Coach Z

New postby Saul on Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:54 pm

Its great that you're starting lacrosse in Poland and i wish you all the best with setting up new teams and installing a ligue.

As i am from a relatively new lacrosse country too i'd like to know a little bit more about your plan for the national team.
How many american based players do you intend to take with you to the Worlds and how do they contribute to the evolution of you game in your country?
Saul

New postby newarkdevil1 on Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:12 pm

I thought I got this to post before but it never went up :?
Has there been an equivalent to USlacrosse created yet? I have been working with my brother in laws nephew to send over equipment to him in Gdansk, I would love a place to send him to or give him a bit more direction in learning more about the sport.
newarkdevil1

New postby hoosierlaxer on Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:22 pm

Is this team allowed t take any players that don't meet the criteria? I am Polish with D1 playing experience, but I don't meet some of the criteria that has been mentioned here before.
hoosierlaxer

New postby Coach McD on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:16 am

just filled out my application for the Scottish Clans! suck it poland!!! haha
Head Coach
LSU Women's Lacrosse

twitter.com/CoachCaseyMcD
Instagram: @coachcaseymcdonald & @lsuwomenslax
Coach McD

Poland National Select Team Video

New postby Coach Z on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:37 pm

Video from tryout weekend in Warsaw, Poland October 9-11.

http://www.PolandLacrosse.com
Coach Z

New postby hoosierlaxer on Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:10 am

Follow URL below to support Poland Lacrosse by purchasing team gear from Elevation Lacrosse!

http://www.elevationlacrosse.com/Poland ... /46043.htm
hoosierlaxer

New postby sore+old on Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:37 am

New Head Coach... It came to my attention last night that the new head coach of Team Poland is Stony Brook '07 Alum and former star, Sean Chamberlain. He was the asst. and the former head coach had family business at home. TP is lucky to have him as he is a keen competitor who really understands how the game works. He grew up in a home surrounded with lacrosse. Good luck guys!
So, I guess you never ran into a bus driver before?!
sore+old

Poland Lacrosse 2011 Tryouts

New postby Coach Z on Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:41 am

The Polish National Lacrosse Association will be hosting 2 tryouts for the Summer of 2011.

Players of Polish Heritage in US/Canada = March 2011 (dates TBD) @ Farmingdale State University (Long Island)
Polish Nationals and Players of Polish Heritage living in Europe = April 2011 (dates TBD) in Wroclaw, Poland (site TBD).

Summer/Fall 2011:
Polish National Select Team comprised of the top 25 US/Canadian players of Polish Heritage to travel to Wroclaw/Poznan, Poland for training in Poland with Polish National Select Team comprised of the top 25 Polish players and players of Polish Heritage living in Europe. Participation as 2 combined teams split equally to play in either Berlin Open (June 2011) or Prague Cup (July 2011).

Polish National Select team participate in at least one Summer men's tournament and play Fall Scrimmages with D1 and/or D3 men's lacrosse programs.

Goals:
Bring talented players of Polish Heritage from outside Poland to help develop the game at all levels within Poland and to help Poland prepare for future FIL/International events.
Collect and ship/bring donated equipment for new programs.
Raise funds for coaching and player development for men, women and youth and for much needed equipment and supplies.
Start the process of a Coaching/Player exchange program.

More detailed information about the tryouts will be posted over the next couple of weeks. For imediate information contact Head Coach Christian Zwickert at christianzwickert@polandlacrosse.com or to register as a tryout participant please visit http://www.PolandLacrosse.com.
Coach Z

Poland National Team Tryouts

New postby Coach Z on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:23 pm

The newly formed Polish Lacrosse Federation will be hosting Men's National Team tryouts in preparations for the 2014 World Games in Denver, Colorado.

1) Mid-Late May 2013 in Wroclaw, Poland for all Polish club players and European based players of Polish Heritage. Registration deadline is May 6, 2013.

2) June 7, 8 & 9, 2013 for U.S./Canadian players of Polish Heritage at Caravel Academy in Bear, Delaware. Registration deadline is May 31, 2013.

For information about eligibility please visit: http://www.polandlacrosse.com/files/F.I.L._Men_s_Eligibility.pdf and to register for one of the tryout dates please visit http://www.polandlacrosse.com/RegistrationForm.html

Christian Zwickert, Head Coach
http://www.PolandLacrosse.com
Coach Z

Lacrosse makes it on popular Polish Sitcom

New postby CoachZ on Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:05 pm

Lacrosse was recently featured in a popular Polish TV series. The hit sitcom Rodzinka.pl by TVP2 aired episode 124 on November 15 and viewers were shown a brief introduction to lacrosse. The series is in it's fifth season.

The youngest family member on the show, Kacper coaxed by a friend decides to sign up to the local lacrosse club. One of the arguments that are supposed to convince his father (Tomasz Karolak) is that lacrosse would complement his current ice hockey practices. His friend's mother (Magdalena Stużyńska) then goes on to enthusiastically explain what the sport is about.

The description of episode 124, titled „Dangerous Sports” states that „Antek encourages Kacper to play lacrosse”. Polish weekly television guides are still some of the best selling magazines in the country. The program guides' competition in the form of websites and mobile applications are equally popular. The knowledge of lacrosse in Poland has been planted in many homes, hopefully getting many people interested in the sport. The TV series features many well known Polish actors, Małgorzata Kożuchowska and Tomasz Karolak among others. Mariusz Czerkawski (NHL ice hockey), Tomasz Majewski (shot putter/double Olympic gold) and Maja Włoszczowska (cycling/Olympic silver) have made guest appearances as well.

The usually funny sitiations that the Boscy family (the last name is a pun in itself, meaning Divine) are featured in is being keenly followed by millions of Poles. Season four episodes (June 2013) were watched by an average of 1'899'000 viewers. The series airs in the highest watchability segment and recent studies by Nielsen Audience Measurement places it in the top three friday night features.

We would like to thank Mesh Wizard for supplying equipment and technical support on the set.

The episode is available to watch for free on vod.tvp.pl
CoachZ

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Men's - Pro and International