MLL 2017

MLL, NLL, international lacrosse, and world championships

Re: MLL 2017

New postby Matt from Texas on Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:48 pm

Here are my ideas/suggestions for improvement in 2018:

*Attack expansion markets more aggressively. Have each team host a neutral game in a potential expansion market or even just a different city to expand the MLL brand. Examples: Denver hosts a game in San Francisco, Portland or LA; Potential Dallas team hosts a game in Houston; Ohio hosts a game in Chicago. I say put the championship game in Seattle at CenturyLink Field. After Dallas, I really would like to see Seattle and Portland next. Their sports fans are so passionate, and I think if you got the Sounders/Timbers involved, each expansion team could realistically draw 10,000 a game. Also, each team has so much talent that I think we should add a 4 vs. 5 wild card game in a neutral market like Philadelphia.

*Take advantage of each opportunity. I know there are some kind of restrictions with the NCAA but I would try to communicate between them and make sure Boston has a home game on the Sunday between the NCAA Semi Final and Championship Game. Have the draft that Friday night in Boston again. Give discount codes to every team in the tournament to take advantage of. Make it a Boston/New York matchup to make it even more enticing. Have teams recognized on the field during the game. Bridge that gap between college and the pros even more.

*I really don't think the league is going to get a national TV deal after its worst attendance year in history. I would just tighten up the LSN broadcasts so that the people who stumble upon it on Twitter don't get a bad impression. But I would also make efforts to try to strengthen existing markets by finding deals with local and regional TV and radio stations to broadcast home games and raise awareness within that metro area. Also, utilize the YouTube and Facebook accounts and put live games on there again.
Matt from Texas

New postby Tigeralum34 on Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:24 am

Looking at the amount of activity says a lot about where this league in the minds of lax fans. BTW, this Greg Gurenalin face-off guy, isn't he comparable to a "kicker"? The guy likes himself! Even after the championship game nothing about the game.
Tigeralum34

New postby 6x6 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:44 pm

6x6

New postby tiredlaxman on Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:02 pm

Can anyone tell me when the supplemental draft is and where we can see the results??
tiredlaxman

New postby stickhead on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:07 pm

Think the draft is today according to my sources. Not sure where or when the results will be posted.

https://twitter.com/MLL_Lacrosse

https://www.facebook.com/MajorLeagueLac ... 73/?type=3
Anyone see Aplus???? He owes me a G from last years D2 chip!!!! $500 reward for any information leading to his home address!!!
stickhead

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Men's - Pro and International