World LACROSSE Championships Israel 2018

MLL, NLL, international lacrosse, and world championships

World LACROSSE Championships Israel 2018

New postby gafferhexam on Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:25 pm

Surprising LaxPower has a thread for soccer but not LACROSSE. Seems that would be an ideal WC topic.
"The rooty toot toot of the very mi-nute, the booty boot of the band, the cutey cute cute of the less than astute shivers and shudders the land." (From the Jack Acid Society Black Book as told to Walt Kelly)
gafferhexam

Re: World LACROSSE Chanpionships Israel 2018

New postby Typical Lax Dad on Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:32 pm

gafferhexam wrote:Surprising LaxPower has a thread for soccer but not LACROSSE. Seems that would be an ideal WC topic.

Thanks for posting. USA got off to a slow start but came on in the third quarter. Hard to take much away from the game. The Canada game will be a good test but hard to draw any real conclusion the first time through. I want to watch the Canadian team after the first USA game in order to see what adjustments are made.
Typical Lax Dad

New postby Brooklyn on Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:52 pm

Puerto Rico > Wales 16-4

many New York Metro area collegians on the PR side
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

~ Charles Francis "Socker" Coe ~
Brooklyn

New postby gafferhexam on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:52 pm

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
gafferhexam wrote:Surprising LaxPower has a thread for soccer but not LACROSSE. Seems that would be an ideal WC topic.

Thanks for posting. USA got off to a slow start but came on in the third quarter. Hard to take much away from the game. The Canada game will be a good test but hard to draw any real conclusion the first time through. I want to watch the Canadian team after the first USA game in order to see what adjustments are made.

I should have looked. Watching the Haudenosaunee vs USA game. Talent abounds on both sides. What a great venue.
"The rooty toot toot of the very mi-nute, the booty boot of the band, the cutey cute cute of the less than astute shivers and shudders the land." (From the Jack Acid Society Black Book as told to Walt Kelly)
gafferhexam

New postby faircornell on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:15 am

USA up 14-1 in 3Q. USA goaltending has been great. Galloway has been amazing in goal. Jack Kelly has been injured.

The ESPN announcers have been better, but still aren't calling the game. They are obsessed with Kelly's injury.

Does anyone know an audio feed for the game? This USA team may be one of the best to ever play the game.
faircornell

Re: World LACROSSE Championships Israel 2018

New postby faircornell on Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:32 am

Canada is dominating Scotland 15-0 at the end of Q2.
Jeff Teat has at least 6 points (1-5). The Canadians are substituting liberally, and the goal scoring is widely distributed. Canada has 2 or 3 saves.
faircornell

New postby faircornell on Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:07 pm

Tomorrow's US/Canada game will be a test of a finely tuned, elite and well coached USA team, playing remarkably well against a Canadian squad with deep and veteran box and field experience.

I expect a shoot out, with 25-30 goals total, and both defenses being soundly tested. As good as the Canadians are, unless the lack of US goal keeping depth becoming an issue, I'd suggest that Canada are slight under dogs.

That said, these are two of the strongest teams to ever walk onto a lacrosse field anywhere. It's anyone's game.
faircornell

New postby Lax Veritas on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:51 am

Here is a fervent wish that the current situation between Israel and Palestinians in Gaza does not impact the event - Rockets from Gaza have been falling inside Israel for the past few days and the Israelis have retaliated with air strikes and bombardment of suspected rocket launching sites inside Gaza.

Netanya(where the World Games are being held) is on the Mediterranean coast south of Tel Aviv and well within range of rockets originating from Gaza.
"If you can't afford a NO answer -
Don't Ask!"
Lax Veritas

New postby Brooklyn on Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:55 pm

USA > Scotland 18-2
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Brooklyn

New postby prmlaw on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:35 pm

Netanya(where the World Games are being held) is on the Mediterranean coast south of Tel Aviv and well within range of rockets originating from Gaza

Actually, it's north of Tel Aviv.
prmlaw

New postby Lax Veritas on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:49 am

My bad. But good news.

Can someone explain to me why the championship game is being telecast/streamed live at midnight-3:00AM for North America (where the largest viewing audience is located) by playing the game at 11:00AM local time on a Saturday morning is Israel???

Given the heat/humidity why would they not follow the same schedule for the opening USA-Iroquois game played at night at 8:30PM local time?
"If you can't afford a NO answer -
Don't Ask!"
Lax Veritas

New postby faircornell on Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:29 am

Maybe ESPN, who got the ball color changed can intervene.
faircornell

New postby 10stone5 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:29 pm

Ben McIntosh, Curtis Dickson, Jeff Teat, Cockerton, Ward, Mark Matthews.

I was wondering about Cockerton over some others, but no longer.

Doubtful many knew about McIntosh coming into these games.
10stone5

New postby Dunker on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:26 pm

10 Stones, You know that I know McIntosh is great. Same for Dickson. Your CAA players with box and field skills shine in the international game. Same can be said of a few you omitted: Berg, the Nobles, and Brodie. Byrne who I don't know much about has been terrific. Unless Baptiste and Guerlain go 80% at FO and USA is super efficient, I make Canada the favorite. If like 4 years ago Jeremy Noble can still run the Brownie offense, Canada's patience will drive USA nuts. I expect Jeremy to play 2 way middie and really annoy the Americans. That's his game; frustrating the opposition. Still, the USA talent is equally great and they do have more experience. Expect a great game and a chess match. I can hardly wait for 3am Saturday. Then I'll take a nap and be ready for The Open Championship.
Last edited by Dunker on Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dunker

New postby molo on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:12 pm

Canada dispatched the Iroquois with ease today. Aussies actually gave USA more of a game than anticipated. Unless US dominates time of possession with face-off wins, I like Canada by a couple.
molo

New postby CU77 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:55 pm

Lax Veritas wrote:Can someone explain to me why the championship game is being telecast/streamed live at midnight-3:00AM for North America (where the largest viewing audience is located) by playing the game at 11:00AM local time on a Saturday morning is Israel???

Given the heat/humidity why would they not follow the same schedule for the opening USA-Iroquois game played at night at 8:30PM local time?

My guess is that it's because this is the last game, the only game that day. They want the spectators (including the other teams) to stay for it. If they had to wait around all day, they would likely leave.
You could consider doing it Friday night, but Friday is crammed with games, up through England-Japan at 10:40PM local time.

ESPN audience is miniscule no matter when they air it.
www.si.com/vault/1971/06/14/611594/big-red-votes-itself-no-1
www.si.com/vault/1976/06/07/614885/big-red-sticks-it-to-the-terps
www.si.com/vault/1977/06/06/621812/cornells-wild-irish-rose
CU77

New postby lionwatcher on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:02 am

It is a religious reason. Sundown on Saturday starts the holy day of Tish'a B'Av in the Jewish faith. That holy day commemorates the destruction of both the First Temple and Second Temple in Jerusalem, which occurred about 655 years apart, but on the same Hebrew calendar date. I guess it was okay to have the game on the sabbath, but not the fast day.
Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
lionwatcher

New postby Brooklyn on Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:43 pm

I don't believe a thread was made for this game

https://laxallstars.com/iroquois-v-canada-world-junior/

Brooklyn

Sponsor

Return to Men's - Pro and International