MLL

MLL, NLL, international lacrosse, and world championships

Re: MLL

New postby muleski on Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:03 pm

Can anybody speak to the financial picture with the MLL? I've loved the sport for six decades. I've taken a lot of kids to a lot of Cannons games. But I don't see how this thing begins to hang together, and can be sustainable. There are rumors that some guys aren't being paid anything more than expenses right now, etc. The TV contracts seem to be of little interest and value. I sure hope to see it survive, but as a fan with no insight to the details at all, it looks like a real challenge.

Best of luck to all!
muleski

New postby jhulaxer on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:51 am

Total Ponzi scheme. New teams come in.....original owners get paid off. Switch health insurance coverage every year....health care providers can't get paid. Take on sponsors for big bucks.....no fans in the seats....sponsors move on.
It's a mess.
jhulaxer

MLL Neutral Site Games in 2017 - where do you want to see?

New postby Matt from Texas on Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:08 pm

In a recent interview, MLL commissioner David Gross said no expansion for 2017 but they are looking at 2018 for the tenth team. Then he said they would like to add another 2 teams every two years (12 by 2020, 14 by 2022, 16 by 2024...). He even agreed that having the championship game in Atlanta again was a mistake.

I have trolled and trolled the MLL on Twitter for a wild card game. Let's just say they do add another playoff game in 2017, where do you want to see these neutral site games played out?

My choices:
All-Star Game: Los Angeles
Wild Card Game: Minnesota
Championship: Dallas

Then I would like to see the top two seeds get homefield advantage in the semifinals.
Matt from Texas

Rattlers on the move?

New postby Matt from Texas on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:54 pm

Nine of the 17 MLL players who filed for movement hail from the Rochester Rattlers, amid rumors that the team is going to relocate. Dallas seems to be the top contender according to reports, over Houston and Minnesota.
Matt from Texas

New postby California Dreamin' on Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:00 pm

California Dreamin'

Re: MLL Neutral Site Games in 2017 - where do you want to see?

New postby LonghornFan on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:50 am

Matt from Texas wrote:In a recent interview, MLL commissioner David Gross said no expansion for 2017 but they are looking at 2018 for the tenth team. Then he said they would like to add another 2 teams every two years (12 by 2020, 14 by 2022, 16 by 2024...). He even agreed that having the championship game in Atlanta again was a mistake.

I have trolled and trolled the MLL on Twitter for a wild card game. Let's just say they do add another playoff game in 2017, where do you want to see these neutral site games played out?

My choices:
All-Star Game: Los Angeles
Wild Card Game: Minnesota
Championship: Dallas

Then I would like to see the top two seeds get homefield advantage in the semifinals.

" BOSTON (February 15, 2017) – Major League Lacrosse (MLL), the premier outdoor professional lacrosse league, announced today Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, TX will host the 2017 MLL Championship Game on Saturday, August 19. It will mark the first ever MLL Championship Game in the state of Texas. "
LonghornFan

New postby BostonSouthLax on Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:26 pm

The MLL has made a great choice, perfect venue in an emerging lax market...well done!
BostonSouthLax

New postby Matt from Texas on Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:27 am

You heard it here first... 2017 will be the largest MLL championship game attendance to date!
Matt from Texas

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Men's - Pro and International