2016 MLL Championship Game: Ohio Machine vs. Denver Outlaws

MLL, NLL, international lacrosse, and world championships

2016 MLL Championship Game: Ohio Machine vs. Denver Outlaws

New postby Matt from Texas on Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:37 pm

It all comes down to this!

So many great storylines:

For Denver, will they be able to do the impossible, and win their eighth straight game following a 2-6 start and win their second Steinfeld Cup trophy?

Ohio finally got their first playoff win in three tries last week. Will the Machine, led by former Outlaw John Grant, Jr., get over the hump and finish this season - which they started 6-2 - with their first championship in franchise history?

I'm rooting for the Machine, but better the Outlaws than the Lizards or Bayhawks.

Prediction:
Ohio 19
Denver 17
7,000 in attendance
Matt from Texas

Re: 2016 MLL Championship Game: Ohio Machine vs. Denver Outlaws

New postby Matt from Texas on Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:59 pm

Ohio is winning, 9-3, with nine left in the second, but we are in a nasty weather delay.

No clue for what will happen if this storm keeps up.
Matt from Texas

New postby Matt from Texas on Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:23 am

The Machine can't hold onto a 14-7 halftime lead and lose, 19-18. Outlaws win their second MLL championship in the highest scoring final game. John Grant Jr. loses his first Steinfeld Cup in six trips. Attendance was 5,522. Looks like the visitors side in the bleachers was mostly empty, pretty disappointing.

Looking forward to 2017 and the Machine coming back stronger than ever for another shot at a title.

What I'd like to see in 2017:
    Championship game in Houston
    All Star Game in San Francisco
    Wild Card Game in Los Angeles
Matt from Texas

New postby Benedict Arnold on Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:52 am

I was there. Wasn't that many people. Then the monsoon came and everyone left. Atlanta is a saturated lacrosse market. I wouldn't be surprised if the Blaze folded in the next year or two. There is so much lax in Atlanta that it is not a novelty anymore. ATL is a fair weather town and supporting the Blaze is not an exception. Blaze attendance this season was abysmal.
Benedict Arnold

New postby Matt from Texas on Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:43 pm

Unfortunately, I saw that in the numbers. The season opener was the largest attendance all year. Why did they not have many people on the visitors side?
Matt from Texas

Sponsor

Return to Men's - Pro and International