I have a great idea...

I have a great idea...

New postby ProudPapa on Wed May 16, 2018 9:21 am

Lets schedule all 4 quarterfinal games on the same day, at the same time. This will help grow the sport.

Strange that the men would want to stagger all of their quarterfinal games.
ProudPapa

Re: I have a great idea...

New postby Lucky Laxer on Wed May 16, 2018 10:38 am

Welcome to WLax...

Note:
Go back and review any of the many LGL rants on this topic. As much as I hate to admit that I agree with him on something; this is definitely one of the few...
Lucky Laxer

New postby Eustace on Wed May 16, 2018 11:38 am

I know, it's a shame. It's also pathetic. The one good thing is that ESPN3 keeps the game after they broadcast it. That way I can watch UNC versus UN when I get home from BC vs Stony Brook. I don't know if Madizone, the website that broadcasts/streams JMU's games keeps them after the game is over. At this point, no one is streaming or broadcasting Maryland vs Navy.

Even next week's semi finals will not be televised. One must view them on ESPN3.
Eustace

New postby lionwatcher on Wed May 16, 2018 11:40 am

I think it is a throw back to when the game where not televised or on-line. NCAA made them play at the same time to make sure no one had an advantage in rest time or ability to see a game live. Stupid though I agree.
Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
lionwatcher

New postby lionwatcher on Wed May 16, 2018 11:43 am

Eustace wrote: At this point, no one is streaming or broadcasting Maryland vs Navy.

According to Navy website the game is on the Big Ten Network, not sure if it will be free or only available if you get BTN. :confusion-shrug:
Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
lionwatcher

New postby Eustace on Wed May 16, 2018 11:53 am

Oh great. BTN does a good job.
Eustace

New postby njbill on Wed May 16, 2018 12:04 pm

Navy’s website does say that, but Maryland’s does not. I hope Navy’s is correct, but on my channel guide BTN is showing listings for baseball all Saturday afternoon.
njbill

New postby BigRedMachine on Wed May 16, 2018 12:32 pm

Last Sundays Terps game was broadcast on BTN tape delayed at 6:00pm but wasn't announced until later on in the preceding week. I don't know if it was carried nationally or just on a regional basis. True, nothing so far on Maryland's website but maybe the honcho's at the Naval Academy are privy to insider information.
BigRedMachine

New postby LarryGamLax on Wed May 16, 2018 2:39 pm

What Lucky Laxer said AND how about cancelling the embarrassment that these Pro Women's Lacrosse Leagues are about to bring to the sport and the players.
Basketball is played in ALL 50 States and the US territories by boys and girls. The NBA is VERY POPULAR, but the WNBA is not and it exist only because of the NBA and ESPN. Why isn't the WNBA thriving? Because the girls that play the game do not support the game by buying tickets and watching on ESPN. Having said that, explain to me(like I'm a 5 year old) how these two Women's Pro Lacrosse Leagues are going to survive and thrive? Unless Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Cardi B, Katy Perry and Nicki Manaj are playing for any of the teams, then they have no shot. The girls who play the game do not support the game like the Basketball girls do not support their game. The NCAA D1 Final Four or Finals has never sold out or SRO. The reasons it may happen this time is because 1) Stony Brook has a great shot at getting all the way to the Finals 2) the whole Long Island Lacrosse Hot bed thing and 3) there will be a lot of LI players on the teams. And that will still not translate into huge numbers for Women's Pro Lacrosse.
LarryGamLax

New postby lionwatcher on Wed May 16, 2018 3:37 pm

:hand: :angry-soapbox: :angry-banghead: :soapbox: :rant:
lionwatcher

New postby lagerhead on Wed May 16, 2018 5:07 pm

If SB gets to the finals there probably will be a lot of LI fans of the sport there. BUT the fans will be family members, local HS teams who may not be playing that day and club teams who want to see their favorite players and summer coaches. You wont find a fans in the stands who played in college, they have other things going on at this point in their lives.
lagerhead

New postby baldbear on Wed May 16, 2018 8:06 pm

In 2013 (when last played at Stony Brook, I think) there was a high school girl tournament called School Girls played on the open day between the semifinal and final days. It was a blast and well attended (Yellow Jacket influenced Metro One team prevailed). The NCAA games themselves were well attended with many club teams attending; not so much high school teams. The weather was great and local product Shannon Smith, amongst others, fueled the interest.

Maybe I’m optimistic but I already bought my ticket because if Stony Brook makes it back home I think it could sell out. Kylie Ohmiller has a bigger following than Smith and that alone will get fans to the game all greased up in their Ohmiller war paint. It is Memorial Day weekend which I’m not sure is a positive or negative.
Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face.
baldbear

New postby JustTheFactsMaam on Wed May 16, 2018 8:51 pm

BigRedMachine wrote:Last Sundays Terps game was broadcast on BTN tape delayed at 6:00pm but wasn't announced until later on in the preceding week. I don't know if it was carried nationally or just on a regional basis. True, nothing so far on Maryland's website but maybe the honcho's at the Naval Academy are privy to insider information.

BTN website has it listed on tape delay at 7pm eastern on Saturday night.
JustTheFactsMaam

New postby Eustace on Thu May 17, 2018 4:59 am

Here is confirmation. The BTN website will stream the game (and replay!)
So now all 4 quarterfinal games will be broadcast and available for replay:

BC/SB and UNC/NU on ESPN3
JMU/Florida on JMU's streaming service (Madizone)
Maryland/Navy on BTN2GO

Not too shabby.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 4.44.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 4.44.52 AM.png (171.62 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
Eustace

Here's a BETTER idea...

New postby Turtles Lax on Thu May 17, 2018 7:24 am

...in lieu of complaining about game times, venues, the price of popcorn, parking, and the litany of other complaints TL reads herein, ATTEND A GAME IN PERSON!!!!! :o

Yes, they can be watched IN PERSON.

There is very little reason every game this Saturday should not be SRO. TL offers that a third or more of the population of the entire US of A is within a few hours drive to one of the quarterfinal games which range from North Carolina to Boston.
'
Now that TL thinks about it, some of you are invited to the Land of Pleasant Living to hang with JAP, Mrs. JAP, TL, and some of the other unusual suspects that just might include fanofall, Big Red Machine, and :pray: :pray: :pray: LUCKY LAXER.

Seriously, support YOUR team (or somebody else's) and be part of the action.

That is all.

Peace, out.

TL
Turtles Lax

New postby BigRedMachine on Fri May 18, 2018 11:45 am

the Terps/Navy game is now listed on BTN tape delayed at 7:00pm (Cox cable Washington DC area). Sheehan Stanwick Burch gives excellant commentary.
BigRedMachine

Sponsor

Return to Women's Lacrosse