Aloha Tournaments- LaxSplash Beachlax etc.

For discussions regarding play below the high school varsity level

Re: Aloha Tournaments- LaxSplash Beachlax etc.

New postby thatsmell on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:16 am

fattylax wrote:Please define what a "quality" tournament is?

The bar is low, very low. Like super low.

Rec kids/parents/coaches want:

-Competitive games (no sandbaggers playing down)
-Accurate scorekeeping/reporting
-At least 3 full, 40-minute games
-Consistent refs that all know the rules and call them the same.

2 out of 4 aint bad.

And it rarely, if ever, happens.
"I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
thatsmell

Re: Aloha Tournaments- LaxSplash Beachlax etc.

New postby VONL on Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:18 am

Winning is everything, as evidenced by a youth league team advertising out of its area, 80% win % last year...

College coaches and recruiters could care less less how many games your club/rec teams win.

The Summer tournaments in Anne Arundel County are hosted by D1 coaches and those connected with them. So if you must get bang for your buck in this multi million dollar summer time industry at least there you may get the audience you are hoping for.

Don't get sucked in by the organizations with the flashy uniforms simply find an organization where your kid will fit in as a player and get time on the field. If they don't play, they don't develop. Seek out one who has a good reputation for player/skill development. It is the only thing that matters. For those who drop down so they can win 30-5, you are doing your players a disservice. Coaches want to see your players challenged. How do they handle late game situations? Can you improvise and make plays for yourself or others? Coaches don't care if Bobby scores 8 goals in a 14-2 win over out manned team B. They see right through it. :think: :confusion-shrug:
VONL

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Boys' & Girls' Youth Lacrosse