Div. 2 Coaching Changes and new programs starting.

Re: Div. 2 Coaching Changes and new programs starting.

New postby Sassy1 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:51 pm

Work40 wrote:Heard that MVC has picked a new coach, not a sexy pick from what I'm hearing. The demise of the MVC program to begin, expecting some players to transfer out.

I think the rumor is true that MoVal has hired a coach and hopefully they announce it by next week.
I know my son is staying put and I asked him if he wanted to leave and he said leaving his brothers would leave a bad taste in his mouth. He loves his teammates and I think they will stay together and honor Coach T with another great year in 2018. You do not play for a coach you play for your family(teammates) and this group will do that in 2018 or I might drive down there take care of it myself!
Sassy1

New postby BacktoBack on Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:04 pm

Coach Wolf to LIU. M.. its going to deff be a different landscape in D2 going forward as Jez had his hands in a lot, was a committee member, on the board, a north region Rep, amongst other things... where ever he goes as Wex mentioned, I wish him the best, one of my favorite coaches in the division, if not my favorite, where ever he lands they are receiving a dedicated coach, who's only fault at times, may be that he wants to win too much. But who can blame someone, anyone for that. People want to win, at any cost, and jez did it with the best of them. You'd think, no loosing seasons, only two .500 seasons, the rest of his years were consumed with winning years, 3 ship appearances in 9 years and 2 championship teams... one would think, that resume means you'd be the one leaving on your terms. But it's not the case. Coach Wolf, I wish you the best, but those shoes your going to attempt to fill, may be a few sizes too big. But, you haven't even coached a game there yet, or a practice, so time will tell, I wish you success with the boys on the boulevard.
BacktoBack

New postby stickhead on Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:19 pm

I think Wolf will be just fine. He was pretty successful in D1 I'm sure he'll be ok at the D2 level. He's a good recruiter on top of that which helps. Now the elephant in the room always at D2 is will he be fully funded? If not doesn't matter who's behind the wheel.
Anyone see Aplus???? He owes me a G from last years D2 chip!!!! $500 reward for any information leading to his home address!!!
stickhead

New postby Hamburg33 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:31 pm

Hamburg33

New postby dodger29 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:54 pm

Pat Ivory is leaving St. Mike's:

http://www.laxpower.com/laxnews/news.php?story=53420

Any thoughts on a replacement?
dodger29

New postby sguy9 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:48 pm

This is really too bad for St Mikes. Ivory was a perfect fit for them, an alum with passion and belief in the program/school. If they don't spend some coin it will be hard to fill his shoes.
sguy9

New postby LifeLongLaxer85 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:08 pm

Bad news in conference Carolinas. Emmanuel.
LifeLongLaxer85

New postby Casey221 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:52 pm

Did Emmanuel coach leave?
Casey221

New postby redfrommi on Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:11 pm

LifeLongLaxer85 wrote:Bad news in conference Carolinas. Emmanuel.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/5-schools-slated-join-division-ii?division=d2

DII membership committee votes to remove Emmanuel College from the membership process. Third time an adverse action by that committee against Emmanuel, but they have successfully appealed before. Will see how this turns out.
redfrommi

New postby laxmarmot on Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:01 am

Tough news coming out of the NCAA Committee about Emmanuel Ga. having to start over. But, good news on the other schools moving along in the process. I see that the "Southern 4" might become the "Southern 5" next year, with the POSSIBLE addition of Auburn Montgomery. Their are entering their 3rd. year which is the final year before full membership. Good luck to all.
Your Preparation of today Determines your Achievements of Tomorrow
laxmarmot

New postby LeeATU on Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:02 am

Auburn-Montgomery is entering their 3rd year but will be in year 2 of reclassifying. They were originally in the class with Westminster (UT) and had to repeat year 1. Don't know what's going on at Emmanuel College and Spring Hill College, both schools have fought the NCAA every step of the way. Just have to wait on the review committee and the appeals. It will be disappointing to see them leave or have to start over.
LeeATU

New postby laxmarmot on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:06 pm

LeeATU wrote:Auburn-Montgomery is entering their 3rd year but will be in year 2 of reclassifying. They were originally in the class with Westminster (UT) and had to repeat year 1.

So it will be 2 yrs. before Auburn joins the list of Independent Southern schools then. Can we say that it will be the "Southern 4.5" :lol:
laxmarmot

New postby Jake6296 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:11 pm

I see Davenport University was also approved to begin the second year. That would make them the first D2 school in Michigan State. Davenport had some decent success in the MCLA D1 and won the NAIA Invitational Championship in 2016. Should be a good addition with an established team.
Jake6296

New postby ABstealth on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:02 pm

I thought Davenport only had a club team. Are they going D2? If they do, GLVC or G-MAC would appear to be their options.
ABstealth

New postby LeeATU on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:16 pm

When Davenport applied, I thought they would move men's lacrosse, men's volleyball, and women's bowling to varsity. There have been no indications yet that they plan to do so. Their athletic site previously had a section for non-varsity sports which has now been split off to a separate site.
LeeATU

New postby Jake6296 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:17 pm

From DU site -
http://dupanthers.com/news/2017/7/14/ge ... ocess.aspx

Davenport's lacrosse team is presently club level, playing MCLA D1. I believe that they will transition to D2 once fully approved. At least that is what HC Chris Esquivel mentioned to my boy when he tried recruiting him. Presently the GLIAC women lax have Walsh, Lake Erie and Indy - all with men's D2 programs. Should be a great addition! :dance:
Jake6296

New postby Hamburg33 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:19 pm

Regarding Davenport: The school is in the process of transition to D2 (as mentioned), the men's lacrosse team will be on of the last teams to make the transition (99% due to a lack of conference). I've been told it will be closer to 2019 at the earliest, and maybe even more like 2020 or 2021.

We're hoping that schools like Ferris State or Grand Valley State would consider transitioning from MCLA to D2 with Davenport being the first domino, but it seems highly unlikely.
Hamburg33

New postby sguy9 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:21 am

Whats going on in Waterbury? Where is Marks heading?

Post University is currently accepting applications for the role of Head Coach - Men’s Lacrosse.

"JOB SUMMARY:

Oversees the activities of the Men’s athletic team for Lacrosse at the Division II level. Plans and directs training of student athletes, and assesses individuals' abilities and skill level to determine appropriate team position. Assists players in reaching highest athletic potential possible through athletic training and leadership skills. Must be familiar with NCAA rules and regulations. May require a bachelor's degree and 4-6 years of coaching experience. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required."
sguy9

New postby D2Goaliedad on Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:42 pm

sguy9 wrote:Whats going on in Waterbury? Where is Marks heading?

Program has had little stability since it started in 2014. This will be the third head coach in 5 years. Tough for a young program to get any traction without a consistent leader. Not to mention recruiting new talent.
D2Goaliedad

New postby laxmarmot on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:51 pm

What is happening at Lees-McRae ? Tough time to be posting for a Head Coach. The program had been improving !
laxmarmot

Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to Men's - Division II