Harford County 2013

For discussions of high school varsity boys' lacrosse

Harford County 2013

New postby harcolax2013 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:51 am

Time to get talk started about the upcoming season. Most teams are doing preseason conditioning and the season is only five weeks away. Who are the front runners this year and who are the teams that may surprise?
harcolax2013

Re: Harford County 2013

New postby cobraht on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:26 pm

Harford Tech has new varsity coaches Adam Stallings and Chris Fielder. Both former Cobra lax players from the mid to late 1990's.

Any other coaching changes from last year?
cobraht

New postby harcolax2013 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:50 pm

Cobra, What happened to Mezz? I thought he did a great job last year.
harcolax2013

New postby SluggsMagee on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:08 pm

Agreed
Last edited by SluggsMagee on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SluggsMagee

Harford County Boys Lacrosse Preseason Predictions

New postby MDlaxer100 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:11 pm

1A/2A- Havre de grace vs Fallston
3A/4A- Bel air vs North Harford
All County selections
Midfield-
BA- Joey Creaghan
BA- Parker Jones
BA- Mikey Bush
NH- Max Mullin
NH- Randy Foster
HDG- Brian Cameron
CMW- Andy Lebrun
FAL- Marc Badger
JC- Eric Riley
NH- FOGO andrew Seigel
Attack-
BA- Carson Kalama
NH- Brooks billings
HDG- Casey Brown
FAL- Kyle dinofrio
HT- Zack vilenti
Defense-
FAL- Sean lewns
NH- Brock Hurley
BA- Brad Barth
BA- Tyler Utz
PM- Colin Etzel
Goalie-
HDG- Derek Freels
NH- Cameron Brosh

Please submit your opinions on the subject
MDlaxer100

UCBAC Power Rankings

New postby SluggsMagee on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:15 pm

1. Bel Air
2. Fallston
3. North Harford
4. Havre de Grace
5. Patterson Mill
6. C. Milton Wright
7. Harford Tech
8. North East
9. Rising Sun
10. Elkton
11. Aberdeen
12. Perryville
13. Bohemia Manor
14. Edgewood
15. Joppatowne
SluggsMagee

New postby terp2k on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:02 pm

MDlaxer100 wrote:1A/2A- Havre de grace vs Fallston
3A/4A- Bel air vs North Harford
All County selections
Midfield-
BA- Joey Creaghan
BA- Parker Jones
BA- Mikey Bush
NH- Max Mullin
NH- Randy Foster
HDG- Brian Cameron
CMW- Andy Lebrun
FAL- Marc Badger
JC- Eric Riley
NH- FOGO andrew Seigel
Attack-
BA- Carson Kalama
NH- Brooks billings
HDG- Casey Brown
FAL- Kyle dinofrio
HT- Zack vilenti
Defense-
FAL- Sean lewns
NH- Brock Hurley
BA- Brad Barth
BA- Tyler Utz
PM- Colin Etzel
Goalie-
HDG- Derek Freels
NH- Cameron Brosh

Please submit your opinions on the subject

No Hollenback from BA on this list? He appeared to be the strongest player on their team when I saw them play last year.
terp2k

New postby MDlaxer100 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:20 am

hollenback is at aberdeen alternative, he would have easily been at the top of my list if he were able to play
MDlaxer100

New postby terp2k on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:46 am

MDlaxer100 wrote:hollenback is at aberdeen alternative, he would have easily been at the top of my list if he were able to play

Wow, didn't know that. Assuming no Syracuse for him then, hopefully he gets himself righted. Hate to see talent wasted.
terp2k

New postby harcolax2013 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:20 pm

Saw that Bel Air lost in scrimmage to Hereford 7 zip. Surprised Bel Air couldn't generate any offense. Losing Hollenback may be a huge loss. They were a different team last year in 2nd half of season when he returned Besides Domofrio and Badger who does Fallsron have returning on offense? It looks like they and Patterson Mill have a lot of holes to fill due to graduation. Looks like its true at grace that Cameron is out of the goal and Freels is in. With the sophomores they have and Cameron playing field full time it will be interesting to see if they make up for loss of Gosnell from graduation
harcolax2013

New postby terp2k on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:17 am

harcolax2013 wrote:Saw that Bel Air lost in scrimmage to Hereford 7 zip. Surprised Bel Air couldn't generate any offense. Losing Hollenback may be a huge loss. They were a different team last year in 2nd half of season when he returned Besides Domofrio and Badger who does Fallsron have returning on offense? It looks like they and Patterson Mill have a lot of holes to fill due to graduation. Looks like its true at grace that Cameron is out of the goal and Freels is in. With the sophomores they have and Cameron playing field full time it will be interesting to see if they make up for loss of Gosnell from graduation

Yea I saw them play Patterson Mill last year and he was dominant at times in that game, clearly the best player on the field. I know pmill lost their two lsm who were tough so I think they will have some growing pains.
terp2k

New postby ravensfan on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:31 am

The Bel Air offense looked sluggish against Hereford. They kept trying to force the ball inside and it was getting checked away every time. Bel Air played without their starting goalie and P.Jones one of their All-County middies. I don't know how much that had to do with their poor showing. They scrimmage Wilde Lake tomorrow, we will see if there is any improvement.

I would add a few players to the preseason All County list. Garrett Barker on defense from CMW, Drew Kissner at LPM also from CMW, and Ethan McMillian on defense from John Carroll.
ravensfan

New postby MDlaxer100 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:39 pm

i can agree that barker should have been on this list, but last year patterson mill was at there highest caliber and due to graduation that standard has definitely diminished, bel air is another team that kept a solid amount of there squad, and Havre De grace on the other hand had only graduated 2 startersas is with north harford who took more of a hit then the others but still good team. I would say out of all teams patterson mill needs the most work, they lost there 2 best defenders, there goalie and best attackmen. While c milton wright on the other hand really had no team from the start, and graduated there best player wade, while there goalie on the other hand is getting scored on by other goalies at the restraining line, I would suggest dropping to the jv league this year. While Fallston who still has 3 key players and is always a dominant team, i am expecting them to go far and win states once again this year.
MDlaxer100

New postby terp2k on Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:03 pm

any insight from anyone as to why CMW is struggling these days? It seemed like 10-12 years ago they at least had a decent team and were certainly better than BA.
terp2k

New postby ravensfan on Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:26 pm

CMW's starting goalie from last year is academically ineligible this year. They are hoping that he can come out after the fourth quarter report cards come out. They have two juniors up from last years JV trying to replace him in the goal. It seems that CMW has some players, but the coaching isn't up to par.
ravensfan

New postby oldgoaliejc on Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:05 pm

Agreed -on CMW - Last year defense and midfield too slow to cover man to man --zone only answer but never used. CMW had alot of talented seniors that were not utilized properly. They had one quality win and all other wins were cream puffs. There were three or four players on that team plus couple of juniors --all of whom got no attention. Same offensive sets, same clears, same defensive set up every year. Just the same I expect CMW to surprise some people this year.
oldgoaliejc

New postby terp2k on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:33 am

They (CMW) just don't seem to have as much talent as they did 10 years ago. It seems like the serious lacrosse players are at Bel Air and Fallston as usual while CMW seems to have fewer serious players, maybe redistricting has something to do with it? I think Patterson Mill is one of the best coached teams in the county. They seemed to maximize what they had (good goalie, solid defense) and beat teams, like BA, that had more 'name' players from the 2-3 games I saw last year. I am sure Fallston will be the class of the county again, too many lacrosse players roaming the halls for them not to be dominant.
terp2k

New postby foreverlax on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:39 am

Fallston is extremely well coached with Parks at the helm.
Honor the Game!
foreverlax

New postby cobraht on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:06 am

ravensfan wrote:CMW's starting goalie from last year is academically ineligible this year. They are hoping that he can come out after the fourth quarter report cards come out. They have two juniors up from last years JV trying to replace him in the goal. It seems that CMW has some players, but the coaching isn't up to par.

4th qtr report cards do not come out until June some time. Pretty sure you mean 3rd qtr report cards that come out April 12th.
Last edited by cobraht on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cobraht

New postby cobraht on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:25 am

terp2k wrote:They (CMW) just don't seem to have as much talent as they did 10 years ago. It seems like the serious lacrosse players are at Bel Air and Fallston as usual while CMW seems to have fewer serious players, maybe redistricting has something to do with it? I think Patterson Mill is one of the best coached teams in the county. They seemed to maximize what they had (good goalie, solid defense) and beat teams, like BA, that had more 'name' players from the 2-3 games I saw last year. I am sure Fallston will be the class of the county again, too many lacrosse players roaming the halls for them not to be dominant.

CMW really, in 2010 they lost to Wootton 10-11 in the 3A-4a State Semi-finals. That is just 3 years ago.

And not sure about your comments on Patterson Mill. Last year was the first time they beat any of the traditional top 4 (Bel Air, CMW, Fallston, North Harford). I think we need to see how they do a couple of years. Even their run to the state finals in 2011 they still lost to those 4 teams.

And I bet any of those 4 (well 3 of 4, Fallston was 1A-2A last year and won states) wish they were in the 1A-2a bracket for state playoffs (or at least not in the same region as Hereford).
Last edited by cobraht on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cobraht

Sponsor

Next

Return to Boys' High School Lacrosse