Changes at LaxPower as the 2018 Season Approaches

US Lacrosse Women's Collegiate Lacrosse Associates

Re: Changes at LaxPower as the 2018 Season Approaches

New postby Delco Transplant on Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:28 am

I have had several people ask me about the inability to register to make postings. Are no new members being accepted? Under the Announcements/New Account Registration, the following was posted on December 13, 2017:
Forum: New registrations have now been turned off. It is likely that the link for new registrations will be available infrequently, if at all from this point going forward.

As interest in the sport continues to grow, it is unfortunate if no new perspectives can be shared
Delco Transplant

New postby Matnum PI on Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:43 pm

The new owners aren't lacrosse fans. The best things about LaxPower are the HS Schedules and Game Scores (you can get the college schedules and game scores everywhere) and the Forum. And both are, to be kind, not being nurtured. Not good.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

New postby CU77 on Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:28 pm

Delco Transplant wrote:I have had several people ask me about the inability to register to make postings. Are no new members being accepted? Under the Announcements/New Account Registration, the following was posted on December 13, 2017:
Forum: New registrations have now been turned off. It is likely that the link for new registrations will be available infrequently, if at all from this point going forward.

As interest in the sport continues to grow, it is unfortunate if no new perspectives can be shared

Yes, this forum is undergoing a slow death. It's like the movie Children of Men, in which all women suddenly become infertile, and the world plunges into chaos after 20 years of no new births ...

Eventually we will need to find/create an alternative forum. I know of one that was in the works, but haven't heard anything new in a while ...
www.si.com/vault/1971/06/14/611594/big-red-votes-itself-no-1
www.si.com/vault/1976/06/07/614885/big-red-sticks-it-to-the-terps
www.si.com/vault/1977/06/06/621812/cornells-wild-irish-rose
CU77

New postby Delaxfan on Tue May 08, 2018 9:57 pm

This may be old news but yesterday I was able to register to be able to post on forums. I registered via my app on phone and now using desktop version to post this. I had tried to register several times earlier this year but could not (or at least I could not figure out how to do it). I figured I would post this based on some of the posts I read on this thread about the inability to register.
Delaxfan

New postby Matnum PI on Wed May 09, 2018 10:24 pm

CU77 wrote:Eventually we will need to find/create an alternative forum. I know of one that was in the works, but haven't heard anything new in a while ...

Everyone's invited to the party at FanLax and within the FanLax Forum. Currently, Me, the other Fantasy Lacrosse Coaches, and a handful of Lacrosse fans are in attendance, and... All are welcome. Currently, it's basically a forum for me to make fun of the other coaches in the Fantasy League with complete impunity and... It's adaptable and it exists.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

New postby gLax on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:09 pm

Delaxfan wrote:This may be old news but yesterday I was able to register to be able to post on forums. I registered via my app on phone and now using desktop version to post this. I had tried to register several times earlier this year but could not (or at least I could not figure out how to do it). I figured I would post this based on some of the posts I read on this thread about the inability to register.

Delaxfan, were you able to register onto the Forum using your App base subscription or the App premium subscription?
gLax

New postby WOMBAT on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:18 pm

gLax wrote:
Delaxfan wrote:This may be old news but yesterday I was able to register to be able to post on forums. I registered via my app on phone and now using desktop version to post this. I had tried to register several times earlier this year but could not (or at least I could not figure out how to do it). I figured I would post this based on some of the posts I read on this thread about the inability to register.

Delaxfan, were you able to register onto the Forum using your App base subscription or the App premium subscription?

Well, that confirms LP sold one download of the app.
WOMBAT, Moderator Emeritus
Make Hopkins Lacrosse Great Again! CC killed the cats.
WOMBAT - Deep State Participant
WOMBAT

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Women's WCLA