13 Virginia Tech Club 5-1 62
14 St. Mary’s (CA) 8-2 42
15 Boston College Club 6-2 37
16t Ohio State Club 7-2 31
17 San Diego State Club 5-3 31
18 Penn State Club 4-1 29
19 Duke Club 5-5 25
20 Kennesaw State Club 8-3 24
"Ability is what you are capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it." - Lou Holtz
Laxword

Re: Div 1 Poll for Week of March 26

New postby HurstLax 39 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:58 am

A few interesting things about this poll but I think its overall on point and this weekend plus regional tournaments are looking like we've got some exciting games before we can really start thinking about the nationals field!!

I don't understand how Penn State ends up two spots bellow BC

Scores I'm excited to find out about this weekend:
Colorado vs Michigan tonight
Georgia vs BYU tonight

tomorrow Colorado State gets back into the action with games against Michigan and Georgia, Will be interesting to see how they look after 3 weeks off and playing the two top ranked teams.

Personally I am interested to see the scores of the BC games out of this weekend. Since I've actually seen BC play this season I can maybe get some comparison for how good BYU and Colorado State are this season. And yes I know that transitive property doesn't work but its better than nothing at this point. Unless somebody wants to fly me out to Colorado to be the roving sideline reporter?!??!

Also can someone please respond ... I'm so lonely talking to myself on the boards :confusion-helpsos: its been so quiet this year :sad-bored:
"Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back"
HurstLax 39

New postby NotNewToLax on Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:11 pm

Some interesting games are coming up for the top 20. It looks like Florida's games with Towson and Duke weren't played, so Florida may have lost that opportunity to crack the top 20. Does anyone have information on those games?
NotNewToLax

New postby KnightsLax407 on Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:31 am

The Florida games got cancelled because their sports club superior didn't want the team going into the bad weather from the Nor'easter. The Gators were ready to go, but got overruled.
KnightsLax407

New postby HurstLax 39 on Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:51 pm

So what happens in the polls after the Colorado weekend?

I've got to imagine that Georgia drops some but who can move up?!?!? Georgia had a close game against UNC and then this loss to BYU but they went to OT with MIchigan and I heard they lost on an 8 m which is painful.

BYU makes sense to move up but then what happens because of their loss to BC? BC has to move up but how high? Should Penn State also get moved up since they beat BC? Does Pitt get a boost because they also beat BC?

Colorado State is probably going to take the biggest hit, below .500 record and finished off their season with a string of losses. I'd say they have to drop to the mid to high teens. People will keep them in the top 20 for "quality losses"

Colorado is probably a bit high right now also as their signature win is over BYU and the loss to UCLA and Duke should pull them down a few spots but its all in the voters hands.

Michigan is still undefeated so #1 is all theirs.

I think that Cal Poly has got to jump up a few spots since they played Michigan tight and beat Georgia earlier this year. Their other loss is to Pitt.

Gotta love the mayhem that is the WCLA!!! I don't think anyone gets an easy path at Nationals this year ... could easily see anyone in the top 12 winning it all depending on who comes in hot and playing at top potential.

I think this would be my top 10 right now in order
Michigan, Cal Poly, BYU, Georgia, Pitt, BC, Colorado, UCLA, Delaware, Penn State
and then probably UNC and Virginia just outside the top 10.
"Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back"
HurstLax 39

Sponsor

Return to Women's WCLA