St. John's 11, Stony Brook 9 (final)

For those wishing to conduct game-specific discussions

St. John's 11, Stony Brook 9 (final)

New postby sore+old on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:42 am

These appear to be two evenly matched local teams that are both coming off strong performances. A huge key for the Brook will be face offs.
So, I guess you never ran into a bus driver before?!
sore+old

Re: St. John's 11, Stony Brook 9 (final)

New postby MCNPA on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:19 pm

Any observation from those who were there? SJU had a big advantage at faceoff apparently, which is what you keyed on S&O.
Let's Go REDMEN!
MCNPA

Re: St. John's 11, Stony Brook 9 (final)

New postby sore+old on Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:41 am

Wasn't able to get there either. Just some observations from looking at the stats and hearing a report on the radio during SB's NIT Bball game at Seton Hall. Face offs for SB has proven to be an albatross around their necks. If they don't solve that it will be a very long season. The report I heard with about 11 minutes left in the 2nd was the score 2-2 but kept SB in the game at that point after losing 5 of the first 6 face offs was St. John's high turn overs with 11 to SB's 4. The Red Storm obviously addressed this as the gap was closed to 19-14 which means they got SB to start turning it over. Virtually no penalties as each had one 30 second the whole game. Obviously two teams right now in different places. Real nice match up Saturday for the Johnies as they play at Rutgers who is hot like them.
So, I guess you never ran into a bus driver before?!
sore+old

Sponsor

Return to MD1 Game Talk