Florida 13, Northwestern 11 (Final)

For those wishing to conduct game-specific discussions

Re: This one topcat won't like...

New postby UnderArmourOdor on Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:56 pm

I have been hard on the denizens of G-ville so to make up for it I invite y’all to please put on those blue & orange alligator cowboy boots grab a furry guitar and once again sing along to the tune of “Legs.” As always apologizes to that little ‘ole band from Texas, ZZ Top for again using their songs for the FLA team and to the Forum for being the evil empire chomp champs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EXXZVdUJ98

Gators got legs, they know how to use them.
O’Leary never begs, she knows how to choose them.
Teams are left wonderin' how to beat them.
LGL will have to get behind them after the NWU gem!
There’s no maybe, #2 baby,
Yeah, wins bright.

Gators tank tops make them look all tanny.
Poor cats wearing ugly unis look so pasty.
Fast Fit Fun blue skirts knew what to do.
Stormtroopers legs in black shorts look awful stubby.
UAO was wrong, Gators belong,
Game announcers do bite!

Gators got legs, they knows how to use them.
Parking lot kegs, jap knows how to tap them.
Cullen got a shine all of the time,
Meagher saves made the purple cry crime.
Oh, I watch them, shoot, I got to praise them,
The Gators outta sight, chomp alright.

LL the usual disclaimer if you please: Any resemblance to Gators living, tanning, or dead is strictly coincidental. The opinions and questionable rhymes enclosed are the authors alone and do not represent the opinion of LaxPower, who understand this will not cause NWU to burn those eyesore outfits!
Be polite, Be professional...but always have a plan to kill everyone you meet. Special Forces Operative
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Florida 13, Northwestern 11 (Final)

New postby LaxOrDie2 on Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:56 pm

Florida played an outstanding game. Kitty Cullen along with Ashley Bruns, Colby Rhea, and Caroline Chesterman were huge factors in the Gators offense. Kitty Cullen scored six goals, while Chesterman and Ashley Bruns followed with 3 and 2 goals, respectively. Bruns came up big with two huge turn overs to give the Gators back the ball when Northwestern had caught up within two goals of the Gators score. Colby Rhea also made a huge turnover towards the end of the game to stop NW from scoring and getting within one point of the Gators.

I could sit here all day and talk about Florida's defense and goalie. They are GREAT! There is not one player on the defensive end for Florida who stood out; they all played absolutely amazing.

Florida coaches have done a great job with this program. Keep it up! and LET GO GATORS!!!!!!

On a side note - Florida needs to get rid of the announcers on GatorVision. Absolutely terrible. They talk nonstop and have no clue what they are talking about.
LaxOrDie2

Re: This one topcat won't like...

New postby GKnut on Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:00 pm

UnderArmourOdor wrote:I have been hard on the denizens of G-ville so to make up for it I invite y’all to please put on those blue & orange alligator cowboy boots grab a furry guitar and once again sing along to the tune of “Legs.” As always apologizes to that little ‘ole band from Texas, ZZ Top for again using their songs for the FLA team and to the Forum for being the evil empire chomp champs!
s![/i]

Hey, you've just made your 1000 post, what are you going to do now - Go to Dizney-land? :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rofl: :laughing-lettersrofl: :music-guitarred: :occasion-balloons:
Seal Team 6 - Taking out the bad guys world wide for the United States since the 1980's! Kicking-a$$ and leaving stains...
GKnut

New postby Lax Tex on Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:43 pm

GKnut wrote:
Too bad the University of Miami announced women's lax, delayed women's lax, and now hopes that nobody remembers they made any announcement.

Congratulations to the UF Gators formula for success, a model to follow in the future. The model for success for starting from scratch: hire a proven coach, give HC time to evaluate and recruit the best players from the best clubs/high schools, recruit 12-24 of the best lax players from a given year, build great game & practice facilities, and add some great weather.

They had something to prove and they did - Congratulations UF Gators!

GK -- I think the next school to use this forumla is USC. I am betting they will be making an impact sooner rather than later.

LL

Did USC really use the same formula? Lindsey Munday was a great hire and will be a fantastic HC, but she is not really a proven HC. More importantly, however, she was not provided near the time to evaluate and recruit the best players for her first year. Mandee was hired almost three years before the Gators took the field for the first time, while Lindsey will have been at the helm for just two years. How much difference does a year make? Mandee was able to go after all of the top 2009 grads, while many (or most) of the best 2012's had already committed to other schools by the time Lindsey was hired as HC.

I believe that USC will quickly become the dominant program on the left coast, but I doubt they will rise to the top of the national scene as quickly as the Gators have. (I realize that's not really going out on a limb.)
Lax Tex

New postby justalaxdad on Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:13 pm

Lax Tex wrote:Did USC really use the same formula?
I agree that USC is 0-2 compared to UF. Coach is not proven. Timing is not the same. I'll grant them the weather. So that leaves facilities (possible) and 12-24 of the top players in the country(doubtful.)

Congrats to UF. No one should be shocked here, maybe mildly surprised it's this year BUT if you've been following this year's results to date, how surprised should you be? Fortunately for them, the game is played on the field. Turns out they're pretty good between the lines.
Just add some Old Bay. Perfect!
It's a game. Have some fun out there!
justalaxdad

New postby thinker on Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:34 pm

We're not quite done yet but I do like looking smart by calling this Florida team as a contender....way back in March when they were ranked...12 or so?

Just for fun, My Final 4
by thinker on Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:26 am

From way outside , who is the final four for 2011.Why DID YOU PICK THEM?
As it stands this early in the season I'm going out on the Underdog limb.
I will revise my pick ( and you should too ) as conference play finishes up and champions are crowned.
The landscape should change as the season wears on but for now , here it is.

Maryland ACC
Duke ACC
Florida American Conf
Loyola Big East

Maryland is an obvious choice for a safe bet running the table.
Duke :Handling all in their path except turtles.
I would have NU in it but they have enough hardware so I picked a substitute for them . New blood same conference :Florida.
Florida: I am a believer and was one from the beginning. No BS School, No BS A.D.,and...Gatorade was invented there
Penn is able to slow down potent scorers and I like great defense but they have played iffy vs lesser teams.
Loyola is hungry AND NEW BLOOD, and has really handled some top teams, another underdog, this from Big East division.
UNC , Would be easy to pick perennial powerhouse but seems a bit shakier than usual early in the season. "any given Sunday" game will bump them ...Loyola? Florida? or a bracket run in with Duke?
thinker

thinker

New postby kakalax on Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:35 pm

thinker wrote:
Florida: I am a believer and was one from the beginning. No BS School, No BS A.D.,and...Gatorade was invented therePenn is able to slow down potent scorers and I like great defense but they have played iffy vs lesser teams.
Loyola is hungry AND NEW BLOOD, and has really handled some top teams, another underdog, this from Big East division.
UNC , Would be easy to pick perennial powerhouse but seems a bit shakier than usual early in the season. "any given Sunday" game will bump them ...Loyola? Florida? or a bracket run in with Duke?

rafterjack?
"Ew shakka, booswada"
kakalax

New postby thinker on Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:37 pm

Sorry I don't understand, is rafterjack a Duke Fan?
thinker

New postby RevRay on Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:05 pm

Great post FOA. The offense and GK always get the headlines (well deserved IMO), but your keen observations are spot on! The transition runs and passing by Haydon, Jamie, Sam, Emily & Kayla looked like and great fast-break basketball team (Hurley/Grant/Laettner Duke teams) and the defense in the midfield as well as inside the 12 was terrific. But the aggressive (and some times too much so A.Bruns) defense by Ashley, J9, Britt & Colby really sealed the deal causing 4-5 critical turnovers late (when we really needed them). Many top teams have great speed but I wonder if any team has ever had the kind of speed we have on defense. As you said Haydon flies, but Jamie (and others) are burners too. Wonder if they've ever had a 40 yd and 100 yd run-offs?

fanofall wrote:Congratulations to the Gators on this season/program defining victory.

This game was not lost by the Cats, but won by the Gators in a most unlikely spot, the midfield. As is often the case NU controlled the draws but that's where their their typical midfield domination stopped cold. UF had an unbelievable 22/22 clears thanks in large part to the stellar play of Haydon Judge,Sam Farrel and Mikey Meagher. When Haydon was not taking the first pass from goal she could often be found speeding (that girl can fly) to open space, catching the ball in stride and delivering it to the 8 before the Cats were setting their just subbed D. NU had an ok clear % but it was disjointed and constantly interrupted by Gator pressure resulting in slow movement, errant passes and forced turnovers. UF midfielders consistently won the ground ball battle with speed and by not allowing themselves to be pushed off by a team that's known for their aggressive (and legal ) GB play.

The Gator defense set the tone by holding the Cats scoreless for periods of 15 and 7 minutes in the first half. Jamie Reeg, Emily Dohony, and Kayla Stolins did a great job on the Gator 8 and kept stick on stick with the NU cutters. While the box score recorded 10 saves for Meagher, I counted conservatively 12 with the last two taking the game out of the Cats attack, great job !

Kitty Cullen is who she is, leading scorer in the country, fast, agile and has a shot from 2 meters that's just about unstoppable. When she gets a half a step on a defender, with the defensive help pulled out on the 8, her head movement and stick speed confounds the best GK's in the game. Ashley Bruns from the X position starts lots of scoring plays that only because of the position of defenders are not scored as assists, but in every other aspect are. The Gators needed a big night from Caroline Chestermen and got it with 3 goals, two assisted by Brittany Dashhield. Playing 2 down the UF attack was able to stall for 3.5 of the last 4 minutes, a great accomplishment against a team like NU.

Who would have believed ALC season champs ? :o
RevRay

New postby PurplePeep on Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:01 pm

Congrats to Florida... As a CAT fan, I am not surprised by this loss..Turnovers, inability to transition the ball, poor shot selection, along with players assigned/playing the wrong positions is hurting NU.. and has truly been exposed by the likes of NC and FLA. Its games like these that will grow the sport.. I believe my CATS will redeem themselves in the ALC tournament. I look forward to this exciting rivalry..Should be televised on ESPNU..Go CATS..
PurplePeep

New postby thinker on Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:23 pm

I like the post of Fan of All! That is wjhat makes this a great sport ...unselfish hustle and teamwork. Well researched and thought post.
thinker

New postby topcat225 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:38 pm

YOUR ARE RIGHT - TOPCAT DOES NOT LIKE THIS ONE

Topcat has been around women's sports for a very long time and has witnessed the pain of both the parent and the child who has suffered from anorexia and/or eating disorders.

Took daughter to a junior day and saw the effect it had on a player who after the season left and took a year off so she Could receive the proper treatment to save her life.

I do have to say I don't like the Cats uniforms - they are very unflattering. I do however like the Cat's GPA's. Four years go by so fast and then there is THE REAL WORLD.
topcat225

New postby clublax on Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:52 pm

Uh oh! How long until a complaint to the NCAA is made or a lawsuit is file? Isn't that what happened last time NU lost? It cant be the players or coaches, so who is responsible for this loss? Florida couldnt possibly have beaten NU fair and square! Heads will roll, lives will be turned upside down, Fla coaches integrity will be questioned, people will be outed. Who on Fla's staff has any type of relationship with an official that didn't officiate the game?
Sue, Hiller, sue!!! :roll:
clublax

New postby topcat225 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:04 pm

Clublax stop trying to stir up trouble.

I forgot to thank FanofAll for his terrific synopsis of the game. I wish I could have taken my Dad to that game. He is a faithful Cat fan but the gators are not far behind.

The Gators won and congrats to them!!! It was a great win and this post should remain happy and informative and fun. Leave all the troubles behind. Enjoy the moment.
topcat225

New postby LIlax0421 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:11 pm

clublax wrote:Uh oh! How long until a complaint to the NCAA is made or a lawsuit is file? Isn't that what happened last time NU lost? It cant be the players or coaches, so who is responsible for this loss? Florida couldnt possibly have beaten NU fair and square! Heads will roll, lives will be turned upside down, Fla coaches integrity will be questioned, people will be outed. Who on Fla's staff has any type of relationship with an official that didn't officiate the game?

Please, grow up. No reason to drudge up something like that, that clearly is not as simple as a childish remark like yours would make it seem. Although I guess when you lose so little over the years when it does happen the pent up frustrations get let out.
LIlax0421

New postby Unibrow on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:13 pm

clublax wrote:Uh oh! How long until a complaint to the NCAA is made or a lawsuit is file? Isn't that what happened last time NU lost? It cant be the players or coaches, so who is responsible for this loss? Florida couldnt possibly have beaten NU fair and square! Heads will roll, lives will be turned upside down, Fla coaches integrity will be questioned, people will be outed. Who on Fla's staff has any type of relationship with an official that didn't officiate the game?

It's my understanding that Maury Levy, the famous attorney from "The Wire" has been retained to initiate an investigation into the effects of humidity on baggy, ugly uniforms. It was a natural hire as the next stop on the Wildcats tour was Baltimore.

P.S. I'm fully grown.
"T'was a brave man, indeed, that et the first oyster"
Unibrow

New postby LIlax0421 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:46 pm

Unibrow wrote:

It's my understanding that Maury Levy, the famous attorney from "The Wire" has been retained to initiate an investigation into the effects of humidity on baggy, ugly uniforms. It was a natural hire as the next stop on the Wildcats tour was Baltimore.

P.S. I'm fully grown.

Your post was funnier...
LIlax0421

Re: Fined 100,000 LaxPower Dollars...

New postby UnderArmourOdor on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:08 pm

topcat225 wrote:YOUR ARE RIGHT - TOPCAT DOES NOT LIKE THIS ONE

Topcat has been around women's sports for a very long time and has witnessed the pain of both the parent and the child who has suffered from anorexia and/or eating disorders.

Took daughter to a junior day and saw the effect it had on a player who after the season left and took a year off so she Could receive the proper treatment to save her life.

I do have to say I don't like the Cats uniforms - they are very unflattering. I do however like the Cat's GPA's. Four years go by so fast and then there is THE REAL WORLD.

Wow...Whoa topcat I never used the F-word (no not the Kobe six letter F-word and not the traditional four letter one either) but the three letter one in that post...I was merely commenting on the Princesses of Darth Sith outfits with the way >>>>>>> (stolen from bragging) too long shorts....honest TC I was trying to work hem in the rhyme...in place of one of the thems! Maybe someone with a high GPA from the NWU Fashion Department!?!?! [LL's note: UAO you were fine but you just couldn't let it go could you?] Sorry LL, Brow made me laugh...I'm sorry if it was misconstrued.
Be polite, Be professional...but always have a plan to kill everyone you meet. Special Forces Operative
UnderArmourOdor

New postby topcat225 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:26 pm

YOU ARE FORGIVEN - You owe me a Natty Boh at the final four lol. And you are mad clever. I have to find someone who can tell me if you are a writer.
topcat225

New postby Unibrow on Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:48 pm

He's a spy.
"T'was a brave man, indeed, that et the first oyster"
Unibrow

Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to WLax Game Talk