GRLC

Men's Collegiate Lacrosse Association

GRLC

New postby Tlax27 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:34 am

Has anybody heard anything about how the teams in the GRLC will do this year?
Tlax27

Re: GRLC

New postby laxmafia on Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:59 pm

Division 1- I would go with these suspects

Main Contenders

Indiana-Assistant Coach becomes the HC after Tumbas left, most likely not a big deal. Return a lot of guys and get a large recruiting class.

Purdue- Returning Conference Champs, can't count them out

Dark Horse- Nebraska- Actually got recruits this year, and have depth this year so I think they can make a jump.

Division 2- Now 8 teams make the playoffs, 2 from each division,

Usual Suspects- Depaul (returning champs and good recruits, didn't lose a lot). Run a great 1-4-1 offense and have tall defenders who have range

MIssouri Baptist- Also in conference championship but lost to DePaul, always has a good team but doesn't seem to get over hump

Lindenwood Belleville- Returning a lot, young team that went farther than expected.

DarkHorse- Missouri Valley^- 6 Community college transfers from MD, coach came from the same school. Large roster and performed well in their fall games beat Division 3 teams and MCLA Div 1 teams.
laxmafia

New postby Tlax27 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:32 am

How about news on any of the new teams in D2. I see St. Ambrose and Bennitictine (KS) are both new this year also? How is MO State looking for this year?
Tlax27

New postby laxmafia on Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:37 pm

Benedictine(KS) are not very good. They did get voted into the GRLC at the conference meeting and could possibly become school funded (NAIA) and become good in the future but I don't see an immediate impact.

St. Ambrose will be tough but I dont think they will make much of an impact as Mo Val in the first year for the NAIA schools.

Mo State will be good but they will have to get through Mo Bap, always a tough battle between them. Good recruits came in
laxmafia

New postby Tlax27 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:51 am

Looks like there will be some good games coming up in middle of February. Wonder if there will be any upsets early on?
Tlax27

New postby Tlax27 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:19 am

Did anybody catch the MO State/MVC game last night? Surprised about the outcome.
Tlax27

New postby laxmafia on Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:07 pm

Tlax27 wrote:Did anybody catch the MO State/MVC game last night? Surprised about the outcome.

Not really. If you see the rosters on MCLA.us. MVC has more depth than Mo State. MVC is essentially Catonsville Community College since the coach came from there and so did like 6 players. If you followed MVC during the fall they beat Texas State (MCLA D1), barely lost to Shorter (NCAA D2), beat Hendrix (NCAA D3) and beat Vanderbilt (SELC D1). MVC is one to watch in the GRLC if I didnt mention that in my earlier post on this thread.
laxmafia

New postby Tlax27 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:01 am

Wonder how MoVal will compare up to teams like MoBap, DePaul? Or even a better questions, team outside of the GRLC? They may be turning some heads.
Tlax27

New postby laxmafia on Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:58 pm

Luckily we do get to see MoVal play DePaul and MoBap but unfortunately MoVal does not play anyone outside the GRLC other than Rockhurst in scrimmages. Wish we could see them travel to play teams outside the GRLC but its their first year so maybe next year we see some OOC games.
laxmafia

New postby Tlax27 on Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:39 pm

Saw that Mobap had a good one point win over Mizzou this weekend. Looks like most of all the other teams in the GRLC will be playing there first games. Excited to the see outcome of Crieghton battle first year Benedictine. Also Mobap vs. MoVal should be a good matchup. How did the outcome of the Rockhurst/Moval game go?
Tlax27

New postby laxmafia on Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:37 pm

Tlax27 wrote:Saw that Mobap had a good one point win over Mizzou this weekend. Looks like most of all the other teams in the GRLC will be playing there first games. Excited to the see outcome of Crieghton battle first year Benedictine. Also Mobap vs. MoVal should be a good matchup. How did the outcome of the Rockhurst/Moval game go?

Missouri is having a down year, they lost their top 2 scoring attack of 46 and 29 points due to graduation so that never helps.

Benedictine will have a tough first year and the game against Creighton should be no different. Not a blowout but not close either

MoVal and MoBap should be very good and we should see how it plays out. Ill say MoBap wins only because they are established

MoVal beat rockhurst 16-9 http://www.rockhursthawks.com/news/2014 ... 45518.aspx
laxmafia

New postby Tlax27 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:26 pm

Just saw the score of the MVC/MoBap game from this past weekend. It looks like MVC is on its way to being established. Its good to see a first year program doing so well right away. I would think they should be jumping in the rankings soon.

Was anybody able to catch that game?
Tlax27

New postby GRLC_D2_enthusiast on Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:10 pm

Has anyone heard of any exciting matchups coming up? :drool:
GRLC_D2_enthusiast

New postby Tlax27 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:12 am

Looks like tonight should be a good game within the GRLC with Wash U taking on SLU.
Tlax27

New postby Tlax27 on Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:24 pm

Has anybody seen any of the teams in the GRLC play yet? I know its not a tough league, just curious to hear what teams have been doing this year so far. Why hasn't Moval had any games yet? Has anyone heard anything on them?
Tlax27

New postby JKinglax on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:45 pm

I saw that mo bap beat asbury which was a decent game. However, moval was supposed to play them the next day and forfeit. I'm not sure why they forfeit just the word I have heard from some coaches. Does anyone else have any info about that?
JKinglax

New postby JKinglax on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:52 pm

Anyone heard about Lourdes? I know they were a solid first year program last year. Any new recruits or transfers?
JKinglax

New postby Tlax27 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:10 pm

JKinglax wrote:I saw that mo bap beat asbury which was a decent game. However, moval was supposed to play them the next day and forfeit. I'm not sure why they forfeit just the word I have heard from some coaches. Does anyone else have any info about that?

I heard that it had to do with the weather. Not sure how much of a game it would have been for asbury after looking at the score between Mo bap and asbury.

Will moval be the team to beat again this year in the GRLC? Did they get any new players, are they going to be as good as last year?
Tlax27

New postby Rageinthegage on Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:07 am

Any news on why Illinois is already looking for a new Coach?
'Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.' - TR
Rageinthegage

Sponsor

Return to Men's - MCLA