Re: Virginia Public School GLax 2018

New postby Laxburger77 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:00 am

Great weather Sunday

Mason over Occonell

Battlefield over Patriot
Laxburger77

New postby doctor tact on Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:35 pm

Heard, but not confirmed, that WTW cruised again in the rain today (UAO?) Is it time to start getting the Cavs bandwagon revved up?..
doctor tact

New postby Laxburger77 on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:46 pm

Caught the second half of Cavs game. Looked good against a solid SoCo team.

Battlefield defeated Robo
Laxburger77

New postby Bob Clampet on Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Triple Edge Winter league and Dulles Sportsplex league are about to go into their final games of the winter season. Playoffs will be happening over the next few weeks. The winners of both leagues should be named over the February 11th or February 19th weekend.

Looks like the 4 best schools in the Dulles indoor league are
1. Riverside 7-0
2. Dominion 5-1
3. Potomac Falls 5-2
4. Herndon 4-3

The top 8 public schools (according to record) for the Triple Edge Indoor League are
1. Freedom 5-0
2. Madison 5-1
3. South Lakes 5-1
4. Kettle Run 5-1
5. Briar Woods 5-1
6. Stone Bridge 4-1
7. Chantilly 4-2
8. John Champe 4-2

It should be noted that there are some private school teams in the Triple Edge league but I did not include them on the list.

It's always hard to take a lot from small sided games in indoor leagues but I'm interested to see who ends up winning the Triple Edge Indoor league. I believe that Riverside is great and is going to be impressive again.
I've seen some great games out of Freedom, Madison, Chantilly, Stone Bridge, and South Lakes. Has anyone seen any teams that have really stood out in the winter leagues?
Bob Clampet

Re: No Frost Fest Today...

New postby UnderArmourOdor on Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:15 am

doctor tact wrote:Heard, but not confirmed, that WTW cruised again in the rain today (UAO?) Is it time to start getting the Cavs bandwagon revved up?..

doc t...not a bad game that ended 12-4. Full field always fun particularly when the Cav & Stallions get together...today the weather not so much with cancellations. Double-headers next weekend to make up for today!
Be polite, Be professional...but always have a plan to kill everyone you meet. Special Forces Operative
UnderArmourOdor

New postby Wg_olyr on Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:42 pm

Bob Clampet wrote:Triple Edge Winter league and Dulles Sportsplex league are about to go into their final games of the winter season. Playoffs will be happening over the next few weeks. The winners of both leagues should be named over the February 11th or February 19th weekend.

1. Riverside 7-0
2. Dominion 5-1
3. Potomac Falls 5-2
4. Herndon 4-3

The top 8 public schools (according to record) for the Triple Edge Indoor League are
1. Freedom 5-0
2. Madison 5-1
3. South Lakes 5-1
4. Kettle Run 5-1
5. Briar Woods 5-1
6. Stone Bridge 4-1
7. Chantilly 4-2
8. John Champe 4-2

It should be noted that there are some private school teams in the Triple Edge league but I did not include them on the list.

It's always hard to take a lot from small sided games in indoor leagues but I'm interested to see who ends up winning the Triple Edge Indoor league. I believe that Riverside is great and is going to be impressive again.
I've seen some great games out of Freedom, Madison, Chantilly, Stone Bridge, and South Lakes. Has anyone seen any teams that have really stood out in the winter leagues?

It looks like Algonkian Tribe has produced 6 or 7 9th-grade varsity starters to Potomac Falls and Dominion. A three-peat is not out of reach in 5A. Herndon has an amazing goalie, and their only losses have been when their other Capital player is away visiting schools.
Wg_olyr

Re: 2018 Coaches Hunt

New postby Backstreets on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:20 pm

UnderArmourOdor wrote:Thought I better see if LaxPower was still working in 2018...
Purused the Call for Coaches...today...and I found these listed:
South Lakes - Var HC
Mount Vernon - JV HC
McLean - JV HC
Marshall - JV HC & Asst JV

I wonder if those are all as I was forwarded this e-mail trolling elementary schools:

Needed: Lake Braddock Girls Lacrosse Assistant Coach
Looking to hire an Assistant Lacrosse Coach with college and / or high school varsity lacrosse playing experience. Seeking person with enthusiasm for the game and energy to develop a successful program. (Old Head Coach is still up on the Bruin site?!?)

LP had these additional jobs listed:
Lee - Var HC
W-L - Var HC & Var Asst (fallout from the end of the year debachle at Yorktown?)
Fairfax - Var Asst/JV
Edison - JV HC

Any updates on these coaching vacancies?
Backstreets

Valentine Shootout pools

New postby VAlaxnewb on Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:38 pm

UnderArmourOdor wrote:Thought I better see if LaxPower was still working in 2018...

Here's some potential news for forum discussion. Afternoon Varsity must be the "elite" grouping, a little thin on VA Publics.

Varsity AM
POOL A
Forest Park 1
West Springfield
Dominion
Colgan
TC Williams
Patriot
Chantilly
STARS
POOL B
Lake Braddock
Richmond Raiders
Edison
Capital 21 Orange
Freedom
West Potomac

Varsity PM
Pool A
Ireton Red
Visitation 1
Holy Child
St. Mary's Ryken
Yorktown
South County
Pool B
Ireton Gold
Visitation 2
Leonardtown
Paul VI
Oakton
Chantilly

Full Schedule: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1523930884
VAlaxnewb

New postby rollwithit on Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:39 pm

VAlaxnewb wrote:

Afternoon Varsity must be the "elite" grouping, a little thin on VA Publics.

Think this tournament has fallen out of favor with a lot of the VA Publics; too close to tryouts and risk of cold weather is a common complaint by the girls.
rollwithit

New postby doctor tact on Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:24 pm

rollwithit wrote:
VAlaxnewb wrote:

Afternoon Varsity must be the "elite" grouping, a little thin on VA Publics.

Think this tournament has fallen out of favor with a lot of the VA Publics; too close to tryouts and risk of cold weather is a common complaint by the girls.

Also, my understanding is that some VA Pubs have ACT tomorrow...
doctor tact

Valentine Shootout Pools

New postby Backstreets on Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:52 pm

Tough competition for the Va Pubs in the afternoon.
Last edited by Backstreets on Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Backstreets

New postby Backstreets on Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:59 pm

Bob Clampet wrote:Triple Edge Winter league and Dulles Sportsplex league are about to go into their final games of the winter season. Playoffs will be happening over the next few weeks. The winners of both leagues should be named over the February 11th or February 19th weekend.

1. Riverside 7-0
2. Dominion 5-1
3. Potomac Falls 5-2
4. Herndon 4-3

1. Freedom 5-0
2. Madison 5-1
3. South Lakes 5-1
4. Kettle Run 5-1
5. Briar Woods 5-1
6. Stone Bridge 4-1
7. Chantilly 4-2
8. John Champe 4-2

Most of the Va Publics on your list in the Triple Edge league have been playing in the Rec division and not the Elite Division. The Elite semis are PVI vs Va Metro, and Madison vs Yorktown. The Rec semis are Freedom SR vs Briar Woods, and South Lakes vs Kettle Run.
Backstreets

New postby Laxburger77 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:34 pm

Frostfest final score

First half played in monsoon.

WT Woodson 9 Battlefield 6
Laxburger77

New postby Restonfc on Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:05 pm

I believe Dominion won the lower bracket beating West Potomac in final. In today’s indoor semi’s at DSP a depleted Potomac Falls lost to Dominion. Who then went on to beat Riverside.
Restonfc

New postby doctor tact on Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:26 pm

Laxburger77 wrote:Frostfest final score

First half played in monsoon.

WT Woodson 9 Battlefield 6

Woodson is undefeated....NOVA publics...are you ready?
doctor tact

New postby Wg_olyr on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:10 am

Restonfc wrote:I believe Dominion won the lower bracket beating West Potomac in final. In today’s indoor semi’s at DSP a depleted Potomac Falls lost to Dominion. Who then went on to beat Riverside.

I believe that Dominion plays Battlefield in the spring, and Riverside plays Oakton and Patriot. It should bring some clarity on how strong these teams are. I believe Riverside is a top 3 team in Va public.
Wg_olyr

New postby rollwithit on Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:33 pm

In triple edge elite both PVI and Madison easily won their semi's, and PVI took the championship by 2 over Madison. Back and forth and close through out the game, both teams played at a high level.
rollwithit

Re: 2018's First Unscientific & Uninformed Preview

New postby UnderArmourOdor on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:00 pm

Sooooo close you can taste it so here are some talking points for the upcoming season. First, the departure of the stellar Class of 2017 will really impact all teams and has changed the regions power rankings. Second, I think it is wide open as teams have to reload!

Key: (A-A) All-American - (AM-1st) WaPo All-Met-(Team) - (1st Region) All-Region 6-A – 1st/2nd/HM (Honorable Mention) District – All State players names underlined.

Annandale Atoms
Irreplaceable Losses: Sasha Silva M (1st) & Sabrina Huynh G (2nd)
Graduation Losses: Vicky Luu D, Madison Walsh A
Key Returnees: McKenzie Yi D (2nd), Melissa Wilson A (HM), Grace Hatch M (HM) & Lennon Wuhrer A (HM)
Random Notes: Atoms lose their engine SS and replacing the 2016’s nine Seniors didn’t go smoothly help is coming but it could be another rough campaign.

Lake Braddock Bruins
Irreplaceable Losses: Madison Lear M (1st)
Graduation Losses: Bailey Edwards D (2nd), Maggie Komoniewski M, Erin Weidinger D (HM)
Key Returnees: Sydney Shnider D (1st), Erin Kelliher M (2nd) & Sarah Peters A (HM)
Random Notes: Bruins Coach should have sacrificed her JV and brought up the freshman who wanted to play Varsity…cost her her job and then that player left for a private school. Good luck to newest Coach Maxwell-Gold follow the Bruin rule…do what the parents say…Gaudian excelling with 5 goals at JMU to beat the Heels…the good old days!

South County Stallions
Irreplaceable Losses: Jess Mullany M (AM-HM) (1st) & Hannah Ross A (1st)
Graduation Losses: Kristin Rabil M, Claire Quigley A (HM) & Jess Ross G (HM)
Key Returnees: Emily Sullivan M (1st), Julia Debrosse D (1st Region) (1st), Gabby Salisbury M (2nd), Issy English M (2nd), Grace Clark D (2nd) & Makayla Maham D (HM) & Cheryl Maramba (HM)
Random Notes: Tougher replacing the losses this year but their middies are no joke and Coach MacIntosh-Mays has depth.

TC Williams Titans
Irreplaceable Losses: Hannah Martin (G)
Graduation Losses: Lisa Harris (A)
Key Returnees: Neha Dewaker A (2nd), Liese Ponzi M (HM), Tess Collard M (HM), Madigan Lubold D (HM) & Colleen Walsh M
Random Notes: Coach Mullen had a young squad last year and got some girls in club play so things are looking up if they find a keeper.

West Potomac Wolverines
Irreplaceable Losses: & Martha Gallagher M (1st)
Graduation Losses: Theresa Wilmott-McMahon M (2nd), Hannah Monroe (HM) & Lauren Duffy (HM)
Key Returnees: Madison Smith A (1st), Claire Barber G (1st), Jackie Bewick M (1st), Lauren Ellis M (2nd) & Tess Moore D (2nd)
Random Notes: Coach Lopez-Yusuf loses a solid SR class anchored by two players I loved watching W-M & Gallagher but with Barber they will be in all games.

West Springfield Spartans
Irreplaceable Losses: Ellise Bradsahw A (1st), Sophie Shidiovsky D (1st) & Colleen Dewing G (HM)
Graduation Losses: Lucy Blesi D (HM), Sarah Evans M (HM), Emma Sharman D
Key Returnees: Stephanie Skahen M (2nd), Mary Ormsby M, Alyssa Maryanopolis M (HM), Grace Radulovic A (HM), Caeley Terapane A & Ainsley Buckner (HM) & Elissa Perdue A (HM)
Random Notes: Spartans had a rebuilding year but Coach Puhlick has a young attack and swift mids but the whole D is gone.

WT Woodson Cavaliers
Irreplaceable Losses: Emma Vinall M (State POY) (A-A) (AM-1st) (1st Region-POY) (1st-POY)
Graduation Losses: Meredith MacKay A (2nd), Claire Cook M (Injured-did not play) & Sarah Jensen D (Injured-did not play)
Key Returnees: Natalie Gates A (A-A) (1st) Logan Dougherty A (1st Region) (1st), Sydney Andes D (1st), Rachel Williams D (1st), Carlie Hartung A (2nd), Margaret Stephan M (2nd), Cassia Kruse M (2nd), Georgia Rafter D (2nd), Mariel Russ G (2nd), Sarah Wilson D (HM) & Cat Gross G
Random Notes: Cavs have two keepers that many schools would start SR Russ & JR Gross so they are deep between the pipes. Vinall is hard to replace but Cavs have some scorers back & Coach Lewis has some frosh to improve a deeper squad.

Here is an unscientific look at some of the teams I saw last year. Hopefully some with more knowledge of these and other missing teams will pitch in:

Oakton Cougars
Irreplaceable Losses: Stephanie Palmucci A/M (AM-HM) (1st Region) (1st)
Graduation Losses: Katie McDaid D (HM), Rachel Pionke A (1st), Paige Townsend M (2nd), Cat Leighty (2nd), Taylor Houston (2nd), Amanda Sabatella
Key Returnees: Lily Townsend M (1st), Evelyn Pickett M (2nd), Audrey Craig A (HM),
Katie Ambrose A (HM) Emily Shepherd G (2nd) & Alyssa Johnson D (HM)
Random Notes: Coach Oliver has some serious graduation losses but plenty of young players.

Robinson Rams
Irreplaceable Losses: Elli Klugel M (A-A) (AM-1st) (1st Region) (1st-POY), Katie Checkosky A (A-A) (AM-HM) (1st Region) (1st) & Maddie Malone G (1st)
Graduation Losses: Kate Mulvenon M (2nd), Caroline Wolford D (2nd), Rebecca Elrod D (2nd), Claire Alverez D (1st)
Key Returnees: Araz Stone D (1st), Grace Tompkins A (1st), Haley Prosser A (2nd) Liv Curran A (2nd) Abbie Glaser M (2nd) Hannah Book M (2nd) Hannah Davis (A) (HM), Caroline Broderick D (HM), Carolyn Carbaugh D (HM) & Aly Carbaugh M (HM)
Random Notes: Big losses from Graduation not just the Big Two but the Goalie too! Only one SR this year so the JRs will carry the Rams as they rebuild the D.

Westfield Bulldogs
Irreplaceable Losses: Olivia Markert M (AM-HM) (1st Region) (1st) & Abby Smith G (1st Region) (1st)
Graduation Losses: Stacy Lee A (2nd) & Emily Sullivan A
Key Returnees: Nicki McNamara A (1st) Carly Duncan D (2nd), Natalia Lopez D (HM) & Nicole Chandler G
Random Notes: Dawgs lose Smitty in goal who could keep the team in games and Markert too is a huge loss so Coach Ruch may face a rebuilding year.

Centreville Wildcats
Irreplaceable Losses: Elizabeth Murphy A (A-A) (AM-2nd) (1st Region) (1st – OPOY)
Graduation Losses: Lila DeLaRosa D (2nd), Julie Vo D (HM), Jackie Blaise M & Jasmine Howard D
Key Returnees: Jaimi Pollack M (1st Region) (1st), Paige Richbourg M (1st), & Emily Marciano A, Steph Zempolich G (2nd) Isabel Ibanez A (HM) & Gianna Cooper D (HM)
Random Notes: Wildcats biggest losses are both Coach Kimener & Murph who was tremendous all year. Former Chantilly Assistant Sobel takes over and he needs to do it this year as the only Sophomore (now Junior) on the Varsity last year was Goalie Zempolich.

Chantilly Chargers
Graduation Losses: Hannah Reeves A (1st), Michaela Levendis D (2nd) Skylar Pampinella M (HM)
Key Returnees: Maeve Davis D (1st), Alexis Tacinelli D (2nd), Nadeen Shaheen G, Maddie Ward D (HM) & MP Secada A (HM)
Random Notes: Chargers have young talent coming for Coach Chen so a third year of double digit wins is possible!

Madison Warhawks
Graduation Losses: Logan Hanton A (1st), Anya Saponja A (1st), Caroline Turner A (2nd), Dianna Lowther M (2nd) & Caroline Kurtz D (2nd) & Annabel Bentley A

Key Returnees: Ashley Go Madison D (1st Region) (1st), Carly Rogers M (1st), Ellie Socher G (2nd), Zoe Dyer A (2nd), & Bailey Brummer M (2nd)
Random Notes: Coach G. Counts stabilizes the Warhawk situation with her host of assistants Madison will be a contender but losing the scorers is a concern but with Go & Soch the D is solid.

Langley Saxons
Irreplaceable Losses: Emma Crooks M (A-A) (AM-2nd) (1st-Co-POY), Anna Hofgard A (A-A) (AM-HM) (1st Region) (1st) & Marina Smith D (AM-HM) (1st) & Megan O’Hara G (1st)
Graduation Losses: Rebecca Bair A (HM) & Elise Kim M (HM)
Key Returnees: Lilly Byrne (1st Region) (1st), London Simonides A (2nd), Sareena Dhillon M (2nd), Charlotte Smith D (2nd) Caroline Bean A (HM), Abby Kontzais M (HM) & Courtney Kuligowski M (HM)
Random Notes: I again heard from the Smoking Man (robohobo) that stability in having Head Coach Morris (State-COY) back is more important than losing 13 Seniors (he confirmed that last year wasn’t their year so I was wrong) the Saxons are reloading at their underground former Nike Missile Site now the Saxon Secret Training Center under Mortimer Duke’s gated mansion in Great Falls!

Yorktown Patriots
Irreplaceable Losses: Laura Crawford M (A-A) (AM-HM) (1st-Co-POY),
Graduation Losses: Cate Farmer D (1st) & Maddie Reicherter D (HM)
Key Returnees: Claire Kuwana A, Sarah Bloomquist A (HM), Sydney Stropes G (HM), Camille Kuwana A (2nd), Katie Calvo M (2nd)
Random Notes: Patriots lose their heart & soul in LC but have a young roster for the new coach. and had 3 freshmen on the Varsity roster & six 8th graders 0n JV!

Marshal Statesmen
Irreplaceable Losses: Hannah Smith M (A-A) (1st)
Graduation Losses: Lauren Deaver M, Amanda Tooke
Key Returnees: Fiona Rickels G, Rebecca Winicour A
Random Notes: Chargers continue to improve under Coach Chen from 2 to 6 to 10 wins which is a positive trend in the Concorde.

Patriot Pioneers
Irreplaceable Losses: Maggie Hayes M (1st Region) (1st)
Graduation Losses: Katrina Ocampo D, Aubrie DiBenedetto A & Jackie Allegro G
Key Returnees: Megan Dave D, Mia Caracciolo A, Callie Woods D, Sydney Haynes D & a hat-trick of Frosh when I saw them now Sophomores Alexis Passa A, Jordan Scheerle M & Lauren Gresham M.
Random Notes: Young team NINE freshman last year & eight Sophs so Coach O’Neill should have it cooking this year!

Sorry I didn’t see more teams last year but I’ll try to do better and hope some others will cover McLean, Herndon, Fairfax, South Lakes, W-L, J.E. B. Stuart…oops…Sheriff Buford T. Justice & et al! Five & a Hook!
Be polite, Be professional...but always have a plan to kill everyone you meet. Special Forces Operative
UnderArmourOdor

New postby doctor tact on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:26 pm

UnderArmourOdor wrote:Sooooo close you can taste it so here are some talking points for the upcoming season. First, the departure of the stellar Class of 2017 will really impact all teams and has changed the regions power rankings. Second, I think it is wide open as teams have to reload!

Well done Sir!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
doctor tact

New postby Backstreets on Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:18 am

Excellent work, UAO.

Two comments:
1. Beware what you (or I) don't know. With kids this young, there are always surprises. Even at the college level, how many people had Navy and BC in last year's Final Four?

2. Wide open is right! I like WTW (great program, great coach), but a bunch of other teams have good shots at being right there with them at the end.
Backstreets

Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to Girls' High School Lacrosse