IAAM 2018

For discussions of high school varsity girls' lacrosse

Re: IAAM 2018

New postby bigdoglaxdad on Sat May 12, 2018 11:40 am

Awesome recap NJB - an incredible night for the game and what an effort by both teams. One has to wonder not only what the loss of Chris Robinson meant for this team but also of his brother Scott. That said, McD had amazing coaches on the sideline last night - it was simply NDP's time. Next year promises to be wide open as the likes of Maryvale and SP join the fray at the top level. Congrats to the new Queens of the IAAM!
bigdoglaxdad

New postby 88mdgrad on Sat May 12, 2018 12:26 pm

lioner wrote:a moment of appreciation and respect to Chris Robinson. What was accomplished in these days of widespread talent is incredible. But remember, he began in 2005 with a team he turned around in a matter of months. With the same group of players that had earned a 3-13 record in 2004, before the tentacles of his club program and the new era of private high school recruiting began, he led a team to a 16-2 record and an A/B conference win in 2005 and a just-miss A final conference game in 2006. My sense was that he could pull a group of kids randomly out of class and forge that group into a viable lacrosse entity. It was a clean program, a program where he was loved and respected by his teams and parents. Even though he was always grinding inside, working it 24/7, you sensed a calmness and confidence on the outside that transferred to his players. The teams were treated well without being spoiled. The McDonogh School and its leadership were fortunate to have him for more than a decade to put McDonogh on the map as a lacrosse power and a draw for local players. Congratulations, Chris. You were missed this year and will be missed from the McDonogh scene in the future.

Here! Here! The results at McDonogh and Mt Hebron are a testament to the coaching excellence of both Chris and Scott. Hopefully, McDonogh makes the obvious choice for the successor.
88mdgrad

New postby litozardo on Mon May 14, 2018 9:54 am

CONGRATULATIONS to the NDP Blazers lacrosse team, Mac Ford, and his staff for their Historic victory over #1 McDonogh.

The Streak is over, put it to bed. NDP now owns the longest winning streak in the IAAM.

Mac and his team should be the focus of the win, not the Streak. Coach Ford had a brilliant plan and his team executed all the way through to the final buzzer. Especially the final 4 minutes of stall to seal the win. I have been watching the IAAM up close for the last 8 season. I have watched McDonogh go into the stall too many times to count. I have never seen the stall implemented by Mac until the Semi-final game against GCS. It was brilliant coaching and within the rules of the game. So much so, that during the semi-final game @ GCS, the refs held up the game and took many minutes to discuss the stall and it's legality within the rules.

This is where the coach gets his due. Kudos Coach Ford and the 2018 IAAM Women's Lacrosse A Conference Champions NDP BLAZERS. Well deserved and I am sure this will not be his last.

PS. NJL- great recap of the game. I agree with all your points. I do think the goal at the end of the 1st half was after the clock went to 0.00. But that became water under the bridge. Great work.
litozardo

New postby bigdoglaxdad on Mon May 14, 2018 4:35 pm

Terps
Cats
Gators
Seawolves
bigdoglaxdad

New postby seacoaster on Mon May 14, 2018 6:28 pm

Bigdog, wrong thread?
seacoaster

New postby bigdoglaxdad on Tue May 15, 2018 4:55 pm

Oops - hate it when I do that! Thx!!
bigdoglaxdad

New postby thatsmell on Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:13 am

"I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
thatsmell

New postby carolinagrad on Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:18 pm

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/high ... story.html

Congrats to Mac Ford one of the good guys in the world of lacrosse.
carolinagrad

New postby LMLlax on Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:57 pm

Roland Park Country School hires head varsity coach and she is terrific! :clap:
https://www.rpcs.org/page/News-Detail?pk=960588
LMLlax

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Girls' High School Lacrosse