Question re: Search

Questions, answers, and discussion about forum features

Question re: Search

New postby laxadaisical on Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:22 am

In the old forum, when you searched using a registered user's name (and noted under author or author plus other fields), you could pull up all posts by that author.

i tried under the search field in the new forum to use an author's name and pull up all his or her posts but found nothing, even though that person had indeed made some posts. when i clicked under that person's profile to "find all posts by that person", it worked wonderfully. but, unless i am missing something, to find all the posts by a person, one then must first find a post by a person and then check the profile, and use that "find" mechanism, rather than just using a general search under the Search capability.

Am i missing something in the Search function which would allow me without going to a specific post to search for all posts by one specific author?

The new forum is terrific. i am not complaining, just hoping to search posters more easily.

Thanks for your input.
laxadaisical

New postby DakotaDan on Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:37 am

Search by username seems to work fine IF (a) you use the second box and NOT the top one on the search form and (b) you enter the full username. If you still have difficulties, give me some specifics so we can replicate the problem.
DakotaDan
Site Admin

Sponsor

Return to Using the Forum: Tips and Questions