California Lax

For discussions of high school varsity boys' lacrosse

Re: California Lax

New postby ChargersLax on Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:39 pm

Super excited to see Hayden Leachman lead Marin Catholic this season. 2017 was a bit of a down year for the Wildcats but he seems like the type of talents who could help them bounce back. https://quickstickblog.com/2018/01/24/h ... tholic-ca/
ChargersLax

New postby sionjy on Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:45 pm

Very interesting schedule from SI this season. I'm guessing Woodlands (TX) and Kent (CO) appear to be coming out for the Langkammer Tourney? I would love to see a team from the ISL or NEWest 1 go out for that...

Gonzaga appears to be the only team they are playing this season on the east coast that is a bummer although I can see it as pretty tough to find top ranked teams willing to take the risk getting beaten by west coast team.
Deerfield '04
sionjy

New postby COMMISH on Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:48 am

What's the story with the coaching at Marin Catholic? I heard that Ogelsby stepped down after last season...
COMMISH

New postby sipecoth on Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:14 pm

I heard Matt Palasek, who was an assistant at San Ramon Valley last year, is taking over. They will be in good hands.
sipecoth

New postby sionjy on Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:16 pm

sipecoth wrote:I heard Matt Palasek, who was an assistant at San Ramon Valley last year, is taking over. They will be in good hands.

Not sure if I am sold on that one but MC has the talent and players to be fine. At least he isn't publically stating that his coaching will lead to blowout wins over SI like another 3D Norcal coach.
Deerfield '04
sionjy

New postby ISL Laxin' on Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:47 pm

Came across Colin Niehaus' highlight reel. Kid is an absolute stud and should have a big year for SI. https://quickstickblog.com/2018/02/09/h ... natius-ca/
ISL Laxin'

New postby crazyforlax on Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:51 am

sionjy wrote:
sipecoth wrote:I heard Matt Palasek, who was an assistant at San Ramon Valley last year, is taking over. They will be in good hands.

Not sure if I am sold on that one but MC has the talent and players to be fine. At least he isn't publically stating that his coaching will lead to blowout wins over SI like another 3D Norcal coach.

Bingo. 12-1 SRV over SI. Can someone give a write-up of the game?
crazyforlax

New postby COMMISH on Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:39 pm

Wow...12-1???? That is an absolute thrashing!
COMMISH

New postby WhichCoast on Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:22 pm

Looks like SRV was able to control the game well enough to keep the margin just under the running time threshold so their boys could savor the moment as long as possible. :twisted:

There is A LOT of great lacrosse played in NorCal. SI get's an abundance of gifted athletes, but the number of real laxers is so great there now that there will be 3 or 4 teams these days that are legit contenders to earn the 'Best of NorCal" title. As a long-time advocate for CA Lacrosse, I am overjoyed.
”Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics” CJ Keyser
WhichCoast

New postby COMMISH on Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:43 pm

There is A LOT of great lacrosse played in NorCal. SI get's an abundance of gifted athletes, but the number of real laxers is so great there now that there will be 3 or 4 teams these days that are legit contenders to earn the 'Best of NorCal" title. As a long-time advocate for CA Lacrosse, I am overjoyed.

This...I could not agree with you any more, WhichCoast!
COMMISH

New postby BeaverCreek on Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:06 am

COMMISH wrote:Wow...12-1???? That is an absolute thrashing!

Wow!!! From the East Coast, this is an eye-opening score. SRV is legit.
BeaverCreek

Location: On the mountain or on the field, never in an office

New postby crazyforlax on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:17 am

WhichCoast wrote:Looks like SRV was able to control the game well enough to keep the margin just under the running time threshold so their boys could savor the moment as long as possible. :twisted:

I would say talent and athleticism are down across the board in Norcal, in particular SI who no longer has a list of AA's at the midi and defense positions. That is one if not the main reason for SI getting whupped on by a team that I think has only beat them once in the last 10 or so years. Couple that by a team with a new coach.
crazyforlax

New postby WhichCoast on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:07 pm

Lawrenceville was scheduled to play 3 San Diego teams this past week. I don't see any results except a one to nil score against Torrey Pines, which is the forfeit score.

Does anyone know what happened to the Lawrenceville trip?
”Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics” CJ Keyser
WhichCoast

New postby Jabez Dawes on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:54 pm

I saw a photo of the team having climbed Camelback Mountain in Phoenix a couple of days ago so, clearly, they were in the vicinity. I, too, am wondering what happened.
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"-Samuel Johnson
Jabez Dawes

New postby random observer on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:58 pm

According to the TP twitter account, the game was cancelled due to a "sickness epidemic".
random observer

New postby leftcoastlaxfan on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:53 am

St. Ignatius is not as strong as they were on previous years, obviously. They have a strong core of underclassmen, but the loss of many seniors to graduation has hit them hard this year. They will be back to the top in a year or so when the younger players gain much needed experience this year.
leftcoastlaxfan

New postby crazyforlax on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:55 pm

Woodlands, who earlier beat SI 8-7 and Marin Catholic 19-10, smoked De La Salle 15-1. This after Woodland played MC just the day before. Is De La Salle that bad or Woodland that good? Maybe a combination of both?
crazyforlax

New postby crazyforlax on Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:10 pm

leftcoastlaxfan wrote:St. Ignatius is not as strong as they were on previous years, obviously. They have a strong core of underclassmen, but the loss of many seniors to graduation has hit them hard this year. They will be back to the top in a year or so when the younger players gain much needed experience this year.

Look for SI to take on more losses this year, and for the foreseeable future, especially when they play a tougher out of state or region schedule.
crazyforlax

New postby crazyforlax on Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:22 pm

COMMISH wrote:Wow...12-1???? That is an absolute thrashing!

Looks like SRV plays DLS this friday. Should be interesting game since SRV whupped on SI 12-1 (and SI lost to Woodlands 7-8, and DLS lost to Woodlands 15-1). But I also see SRV just lost to Bellarmine 4-3 yesterday. Maybe SRV is not as good as their past scores present themselves, but if I was a betting man, I would say SRV double-digit goals over DLS in a blow out.

Anyone have a recap on the SRV - Bellarmine game?
crazyforlax

New postby navlax76 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:39 pm

After a nighttime and early morning rain, a beautiful Saint Patrick's Day for lacrosse in Coronado.

Islanders prevail 9-6 over their visitors from Northern California. Over the past decade and a half, this has become a very nice rivalry between St. Ignatius and Coronado.
"“Say what you will about the Ten Commandments, you must always come back to the pleasant fact that there are only ten of them.” H. L. Mencken
navlax76

Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to Boys' High School Lacrosse