NPYLL

For discussions regarding play below the high school varsity level

Re: NPYLL

New postby mullet on Tue May 25, 2010 4:23 pm

I was refering to clubs in general not U11. Sounds like someone may have had a bad experience.
mullet

New postby Brkfstclub101 on Tue May 25, 2010 4:43 pm

Sorry it took so long (been busy @ work), but here it is . . .
A HUGE congrats to Club Blue U-15! They played a heck of a game on Sunday and gave the Crabs more than they could handle on their home field. NO excuses, NO explanations, NO 'if, ands, or buts', and NO bull - that was the best game of lacrosse I've seen all season. The game was back and forth from the very beginning and I don't think either team led by more than 2 goals the whole game. While the scoreboard didn't make Crabs fans happy, the product of the play by both teams was more than worth it.

I haven't seen the official playoff bracket, but I imagine if the Crabs were to make the finals, Club Blue will be there waiting. If the first game is any indication, a rematch would certainly be worth the price of admission.

Also a big shout to the Club Blue U-13 team. That game was just as entertaining as the U-15. As tough as both teams were playing, the parents of both teams were lucky to get out of there when they did. That game could have easily gone several OT periods before the end.

Thanks to all who suffered through my earlier posts. I was pleasantly surprised to see no backlash here after the Crabs were beaten (well, one person did PM me, but I can hardly deny earning that rant).
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
― A. Einstein
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
― Margaret Mead
Brkfstclub101

New postby spenny on Tue May 25, 2010 6:45 pm

jhuck-80 wrote:... or they could be playing for the A team at their local rec program.

When you talk to the college recruiters at the U11 games, tell them I said hi! :wink:

hey, dont laugh.
scott marr was the guy passing around the orange slices at my U13 game on saturday :roll:
--spenny
I reject your reality and substitute my own

old phorum: http://forums.laxpower.com/list.php?f=1&action=old
spenny

New postby ThePlainTruth on Tue May 25, 2010 9:15 pm

FourDGlory wrote:I may get blasted for discussing U11 here (I think it is way too young although my kid is playing for one of the teams).

U11 season breakdown....

#1 Club Blue... Very big, very good team... beat Breakers 10-9 in OT early in season... some super middies.
#2 Breakers .... Very good goalie, good all around athletically. Beat Looneys 3-2 on Sunday.
#3 Looneys... Very tough and disciplined on defense.
#4 Next level... have not seen them.

The top 3 are very close. Hard to pick a favorite from the top 3. They are 4th and 5th graders. Somedays they catch and pass well, sometimes it looks like soft sticks. Too much travel for this age. No reason to drive to No VA/So MD 2 or 3 times in the Spring from Baltimore.

No denying that it's a little creepy to talk about U11 lacrosse. That being said, while the U11 division is much deeper than last year, the top teams aren't as good. Last year's Madlax and Club Blue teams would have absolutely destroyed any of the top U11 teams this year.
ThePlainTruth

New postby justlaxin123 on Wed May 26, 2010 9:37 am

what recuiting tournaments are you guys doing this summer? U11, so that's a rising 6th grader. what class is that - 2016? heard some 2015 kid just got signed to go to UNC. if your son has a good summer, make a highlight film and post it on youtube
justlaxin123

New postby Brkfstclub101 on Wed May 26, 2010 12:14 pm

the sarcasm is getting pretty thick around here - I'm lovin' it!
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
― A. Einstein
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
― Margaret Mead
Brkfstclub101

New postby FourDGlory on Wed May 26, 2010 12:54 pm

Although I do not believe NPYLL should have a U11 league, here are some things I have learned from a personal perspective.

* 100% of the kids on our U11 NPYLL play MYLA and about 75% play Harco as well. NPYLL not ruining rec just yet.
* I would guess 50% of the parents see this as the first step to the college scholly, while 50% just want their kids to learn a little and play on the same teams as their friends.
* Me personally, I just wanted to my kid to play 4 summer tournaments (he loves playing). Only after being told it was summer only, did we find out in February that NPYLL was now on the schedule. (I learned a lot this year)
* After seeing most of the MYLA Lighnting A teams play, I would say most of the top players on each team are playing NPYLL except for LTRC who initially banned their kids from playing club. Then they backed off from that rule when kids started to leave.[*]
FourDGlory

New postby justlaxin123 on Wed May 26, 2010 12:54 pm

As your kids get older and you have been around the game a few years, you learn to chill. You realize that 90% of what they do as a u11 will have no bearing as to where they wind up after they finish their u19 season.

When you look at all these u11 players, there may 5 kids who will play D anything. I would bet that some very large percenatge of the kids that will play college, 1. wont come from Md and 2. haven't even pick up a stick yet.
justlaxin123

New postby justlaxin123 on Wed May 26, 2010 1:07 pm

mullet wrote:...While I agree tracking stats for 11 year old club games is a bit ridiculous, club teams are hear to stay and where most college recruiting is done. Much more so than on high school teams. As long as your kid is having fun and learning along the way....They could be playing XBox

couple of points:

Lax is going the way of soccer. first it was Rec, then Travel, then Club, then Elite Club, and then you are only allowed to do 1 sport etc etc. (and then you get a cronic muscle pull resulting in a severe case of burnout)

With the growth of the sport you have seen a huge increase in the number of tournaments and clubs- in this case more is not better. College coaches are not going to 90% of the games that the u19 kids are playing. its all about the "elite" teams.

As long as they are having fun and avoiding the xbox its all good...but mix in some hoops, football, swimming etc.
justlaxin123

New postby gd123 on Thu May 27, 2010 9:40 am

FourDGlory wrote:Although I do not believe NPYLL should have a U11 league, here are some things I have learned from a personal perspective.

* 100% of the kids on our U11 NPYLL play MYLA and about 75% play Harco as well. NPYLL not ruining rec just yet.
* I would guess 50% of the parents see this as the first step to the college scholly, while 50% just want their kids to learn a little and play on the same teams as their friends.
* Me personally, I just wanted to my kid to play 4 summer tournaments (he loves playing). Only after being told it was summer only, did we find out in February that NPYLL was now on the schedule. (I learned a lot this year)
* After seeing most of the MYLA Lighnting A teams play, I would say most of the top players on each team are playing NPYLL except for LTRC who initially banned their kids from playing club. Then they backed off from that rule when kids started to leave.[*]

To set the record straight, LTRC kids were never banned from playing club. Families opted not to do it until this year.
gd123

New postby foreverlax on Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:39 pm

Brkfstclub101 wrote:Sorry it took so long (been busy @ work), but here it is . . .
A HUGE congrats to Club Blue U-15! They played a heck of a game on Sunday and gave the Crabs more than they could handle on their home field. NO excuses, NO explanations, NO 'if, ands, or buts', and NO bull - that was the best game of lacrosse I've seen all season. The game was back and forth from the very beginning and I don't think either team led by more than 2 goals the whole game. While the scoreboard didn't make Crabs fans happy, the product of the play by both teams was more than worth it.

I haven't seen the official playoff bracket, but I imagine if the Crabs were to make the finals, Club Blue will be there waiting. If the first game is any indication, a rematch would certainly be worth the price of admission.

Also a big shout to the Club Blue U-13 team. That game was just as entertaining as the U-15. As tough as both teams were playing, the parents of both teams were lucky to get out of there when they did. That game could have easily gone several OT periods before the end.

Thanks to all who suffered through my earlier posts. I was pleasantly surprised to see no backlash here after the Crabs were beaten (well, one person did PM me, but I can hardly deny earning that rant).

perspective - a wonderful thing. now you wont have to go all summer thinking this is the best team in the country. its tough at the top - being undefeated is a very heavy burden.
Honor the Game!
foreverlax

New postby laxdaddy55 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:59 pm

My bet is that no team in the NPYLL will go undefeated this season... :o :D

U15 that is!
Last edited by laxdaddy55 on Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
laxdaddy55

New postby mullet on Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:47 am

except Looneys U13 and U13A. they will both go undefeated. With the exception of Crabs, Looneys and Club Blue, there are some really weak teams in the NPYLL. Most would not compete in MYLA vs Balto. County "A" teams
mullet

New postby ThePlainTruth on Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:42 am

except Looneys U13 and U13A. they will both go undefeated. With the exception of Crabs, Looneys and Club Blue, there are some really weak teams in the NPYLL. Most would not compete in MYLA vs Balto. County "A" teams

There are a lot of marginal teams in the NPYLL. But you need to includ Madlax's U13 squad to the list above. They lost to CB by 1 and their results were very comparable. But I guess your perspective is limited only to the teams the Looney's faced this season.
ThePlainTruth

New postby mullet on Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:32 pm

the MadLax U13A team lost big to Looneys, not sure about the other U13 team
mullet

New postby Minor Threat on Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:57 pm

Does anyone know the U15 playoff schedule? Date, Location, TIme??

Thanks!
Minor Threat

New postby ThePlainTruth on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:42 pm

mullet wrote:the MadLax U13A team lost big to Looneys, not sure about the other U13 team

The Madlax U13A team isn't exactly a powerhouse, so I wouldn't brag about that (plus, who cares about the American division?) The Madlax U13AA team didn't play the Looney's during the season, but they play tomorrow.

If being cocky and saying both will definitely win the championship is your thing, I guess that's your call. You guys took care of the U13 Crabs the first time, so we'll see if you can get it done again.
ThePlainTruth

New postby doug7779 on Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:16 am

Minor Threat wrote:Does anyone know the U15 playoff schedule? Date, Location, TIme??

Thanks!

I saw on Next Level's website the U-15's are playing Club Blue today at 1:00 at Georgetown Prep...
doug7779

New postby mullet on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:20 am

not being cockey. the U13A is really a U12 team so don't get too full of yourself cowboy. Max Lax lost again to Looneys last night in the U13A first round 10-2.
mullet

New postby ThePlainTruth on Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:16 pm

not being cockey [sic]. the U13A is really a U12 team so don't get too full of yourself cowboy. Max Lax lost again to Looneys last night in the U13A first round 10-2.

Uh, everyone knows it's a U12 team. It's a good team, but beating the Madlax U13A team doesn't necessarily guarantee anything. I assume you guys played Club Blue U13A today - how did it go?
ThePlainTruth

Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to Boys' & Girls' Youth Lacrosse