Recruiting Camp for DII/DIII lacrosse?

For discussions of high school varsity boys' lacrosse

Recruiting Camp for DII/DIII lacrosse?

New postby comatose on Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:51 am

What is the best recruiting camp, or camp in general, for a kid interested in playing Division II, or Division III lacrosse?
CWL
Denison '04
comatose

New postby navlax76 on Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:00 am

Former teammates, who are coaching DIII, recommended Top Star and Peak 200. Junior went to both and has received the desired response from a number of DIII schools. If there's interest in a particular school and it offers its own camp, I'd recommend attending. Serves the dual purpose of getting a visit to the campus and letting the coaching staff get a look at the player. Good luck :!:
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend; and inside a dog, it's too dark to read."
Julius Henry Marx
navlax76

Advice Needed

New postby comatose on Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:10 am

Please respond with answers, opinions and/or comments to my following post!!!!
Last edited by comatose on Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
CWL
Denison '04
comatose

Recruiting Camps! Need to pick one of these three.

New postby comatose on Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:12 am

New England 150, mostly Division 3 coaches helping out. Most schools located in the North East. Might be a smaller camp in terms of attendance.

Peak Performance (peak 200), their website makes it out to seem more like an instructional camp. I didn't see where they listed the coaches that attend on their website. Can a kid get good exposure to college coaches at this camp?

Blue Chip 225, Its referred to as a recruiting showcase camp, but I've heard anywhere from 400-450 players attend the camp. There are 70 coaches listed to attend but I've heard that its hard to get seen unless you make the all-star team.

Which would be the best one to sign up for:
Blue Chip 225
Peak Performance (peak 200)
or New England 150

Advice Needed!!!!
CWL
Denison '04
comatose

Camps

New postby 2badknees on Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:48 am

Navlax 76 gave you some good input. Would also say that der Junge attended the Blue Chip 225, and got very good exposure and results, despite not being an all star. Whereever you decide to go, work as hard as you can, full time. Coaches DO notice that....
"There are no rules here. We're trying to accomplish something" Thomas Edison
2badknees

between 2

New postby comatose on Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:45 pm

I think it may be down to either New England 150 or Blue Chip 225.

Any advice on which one is the better buy? I need to help a friend pick one of these camps to go to because they are limited in travel and funding. So any advice on which one is definetly the better buy for a kid interested in playing Division II or Division III (and perhaps Division 1) lacrosse is appreciated. Thanks!

(Also are peak performance and peak 200 two different camps, or the same!?) (Is there a website for peak 200?)
CWL
Denison '04
comatose

Re: between 2

New postby miaalad1 on Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:28 pm

comatose wrote:I think it may be down to either New England 150 or Blue Chip 225.

Any advice on which one is the better buy? I need to help a friend pick one of these camps to go to because they are limited in travel and funding. So any advice on which one is definetly the better buy for a kid interested in playing Division II or Division III (and perhaps Division 1) lacrosse is appreciated. Thanks!

(Also are peak performance and peak 200 two different camps, or the same!?) (Is there a website for peak 200?)

Yes, there are "Peak" camps that are different and instructional in nature that are DIFFERENT than Peak 200 run primarily by UMass' Greg Cannella and staff at Springfield College.

The more recruiting camp Peak 200 run by Greg Cannella is much better than the Blue Chip 225 at fairfield (and i've been to and been all star at both). many more coaches and professionally run at peak 200. lots of DII and some NE DIs. Contact Coach Cannella's office at (413) 828-0592, P.O. Box 2322, Amherst, MASS 01004 or Coach Keith Bugbee for applications and information at: (413) 748-3333.
miaalad1

New postby navlax76 on Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:17 pm

Comatose,

Peak Performance and Peak 200 are two different camps. The former is an instructional camp and the latter is the recruiting camp. Peak 200 doesn't have a web presence that I know. Let me check if Junior still has any of the info/brochures and I'll get back to you via PM.

Saw laxmomof2's comments. Great advice! Albeit a little bit motherly :wink: In addition to her sound suggestions, might I recommend to check your local H.S. leagues and see if any of the coaches are grads of the schools in which your player has an interest. We found tapping into the local alumni network and fraternity of DIII lacrosse an excellent resource in getting Junior recognized, recruited and accepted to the schools he wanted. Once again, good luck.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend; and inside a dog, it's too dark to read."
Julius Henry Marx
navlax76

further

New postby comatose on Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:30 pm

Any further information regarding peak 200, blue chip 225, and New England 150 appreciated!
CWL
Denison '04
comatose

Sponsor

Return to Boys' High School Lacrosse